SGOTM 11 Rules Discussion

Good idea Lowther, I always get a bit uncomfortable playing test saves 'cos it is too easy to mistakenly use the real save.

Dhoomstriker came up with a great idea. Our team uses world builder to add signs (they will be black) that say "TEST SAVE" in several key places on the map (at the capital, on units, etc.). The signs are added in WB and cannot be removed while playing the save. As long as you see the black signs, you're safe.

Moderator Action: This thread is intended for players to discuss and clarify the rules, NOT to discuss how to break them.

Just to clarify point on colonies.

If an Ai creates a colony I assume the colony would have to meet all game rules. E.g running a state religion/ staying alive etc.

So if 3 colonies are formed these would all need to run a state religion and conform to all game rules?

Your understanding is correct. When examining the state of AIs, Eldine will make no distinction between AIs that were there at the start at the game and AIs that were somehow created during the game.

We are close to a month from completing this game. I am concerned some teams are still not past 1ad in terms of game year. I guess someone will be doing a lot of turns for these teams come August 23rd.

I assume all teams are still active? I do feel it will be unfair on teams that do finish if the deadline is extended.

OSS is still active and we plan on finishing before the deadline.

The rules on the deadline were pretty clear from the outset so I don't see any need to extend it.

We are close to a month from completing this game. I am concerned some teams are still not past 1ad in terms of game year. I guess someone will be doing a lot of turns for these teams come August 23rd.

I assume all teams are still active? I do feel it will be unfair on teams that do finish if the deadline is extended.
I think it is up to the team captains to get their teams to finish by the drop dead date Alan has set.

I know I will worry about XTeam getting there, not about any of the others.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Smurkz are, once again, down to a skeleton crew but I think we can get 'er done. I would not object, however, to an extension. ;)

I think Phoenix Rising should finish on time. I don't really see a need for an extension.

Unless someone comes up with extenuating circumstances that affect all the teams and justify a deadline extension, I have no intention of declaring one.

I think football mad Europeans might put 'The World Cup' as an extenuating circumstance, but it wouldn't hold much water IMO.

Really, we still have 41 days. This is a ridiculous amount of time to finish.

Team T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't has lost several team members, including our team leader, suffered several week long waits for team members to show up and play their turn, and we have still completed the 4th most turns.

A dead line is... dead, isn't it? Why would anyone resurrect it?

Football or not.

The issue is not how many turns have been played to date, but whether an appropriate proportion of the turns you expect to need to play have been accomplished to date. ;)

dV

OK, this is a dumb question, as I am sure I know the answer.

As we are spritual, and we don't have any Anarchy for changing civics, can players not playing change civics to try and determine the best time to do it.

Changing civics is non-reversible as far as I know. Once you have changed you can't reverse the change until the next turn? If this is correct then the answer to your question is no.

And it makes no difference whether the player making the change is active or not.

Even when you are spiritual, changing civics is non-reversible for FIVE turns. You have no anarchy, but no further civic change can be made for five turns - it certainly qualifies as "non-reversible". Anyone changing civics needs to save the file and have his team continue playing on that file the civic change was done in.

You are allowed to make any change, if you continue from the same save. If you don't like the change you just did and you still can continue from the same save (like switching back to working this grass mine) you're ok. But you can't "jump back in time" by loading an older save.

Top Bottom