did they ever take the mega city out of this game?

cman2010

King
Im just posting because I played this game when it came out and while I dont think its great for a civ game, it was tons of fun for a quick civ game you could play on the tv instead of behind a computer screen. My question is did they ever take the mega city out I loved making those, but I know at one point they spoke about nerfing them.

realy I dont remember that in civ rev they have it in civ 5 though which I am currently playing. so did they take the mega citys out those were fun when the game first came out.

Yeah, mega-city was patched. Originally joining a settler to a city would give +1 pop, no matter what your current population was. Now doing that just gives you some small amount of food (10?). It's really not worth doing at this point. Some people have come up with mega-city strats using America or the Indians because they can get cheap settlers, but I think it's mostly just for fun, not actually an optimal strategy.

If you want a big city, start a game as Russia and settle on as many plains as possible (with rivers, if you can). Get a granary in asap and work plains to grow quickly. Not a good strategy and will get you killed in multi, but can be fun to see how fast you can get up to 31 pop.

As far as I know, only the consoles were patched, so mega-city may still work on the DS and istuff.

Top Bottom