Hulfgar's Industrial Warfare

Hulfgar

Emperor
Version 7 for vanilla Civ 5 is ready to download

Mod's features :

Goal of this mod is to limit the late game to the late 60's with the units of the WW2 era.
For this some techs and units have been disabled, the tech tree has been reworked.
I have maintained the Space race and Spaceship project for the Science Victory.

Downloads :

Current version : Version 7 (stable) Requirements : Civ 5 ver. 101 674 AND THE MONGOL DLC !!!
WARNING : 7 is NOT compatible with older saved games !!!

from Mediafire
or from the Steam Workshop

For users of the Spain/Inca DLC : use this add on with the main mod :
Hulfgars Industrial Warfare DLC Spain Inca version 4 from Mediafire or from the Steam Workshop

Game change :

City attack range down to 1
Max HP for units increased from 10 to 13
Insta heal has been removed.
Medic promotion only from the Red Cross wonder
Following techs have been disabled : Robotics, Satellites, Stealth, Lasers, Computers, Electronics, Particle Physics, Nuclear Fusion, Nanotechnology
Following units have been disabled : Nuclear Missile, Nuclear Submarine, Giant Death Robot, Mechanized Infantry, Missile Cruiser, Rocket Artillery, Helicopter Gunship, Modern Armor, Stealth Bomber, Jet Fighter (Modern), Mobile SAM, Cruise Missile.

UNITS :
Ethnic skins for Swordsmen, Knights, Riflemen and Industrial Units from most of the major nations.
21 New Units : (Knight Templar, Teutonic Knight, Line Infantry, Submarine Carrier, Dreadnought, Cruiser, Tank Destroyers, Mobile AA and Mobile Artillery, Early Fighters, Early Jet Fighters,
Divebombers, Special Forces, Explorers, Marines, Early, Light, Heavy and Super Heavy Tanks, Patrol Boat, Longbowman).
Special Forces are invisible elite infantry units, they can paradrop.

Knight Templars and Teutonic Knights require the "Holy War project" to be build, available with Theology.
Fighters and Divebombers can be loaded on Carriers and Undersea Carriers (Japanese "I-400" and French "Surcouf").
Undersea Carriers are submarines able to load 1 to 3 small planes.
Divebombers are bombers specialized in hunting ships and land units. they can operate from a Carrier.
Early Jets, Bombers and Fastbombers can operate only from cities.
The Fastbomber is a light bomber with some basic evasion capacity (50%)
Scouts upgrade to Explorers, Explorers upgrade to Paratroopers.
Kamikaze : suicide aircraft for Asian and Middle East Civilizations, bonus vs Ships.
Flying Bomb : early missile, bonus vs cities and fortified units. For Civilizations whithout the Kamikaze.

Removed : Caravel, Frigate and Destroyer can carry scouts and explorers.
(removed from Hulfgar's Modpack in this version due to some problems with the bombers)

6 NEW PROMOTIONS :
City Defense (+25% Strengh when defending a city)
Special operations training : various bonuses for the Special Forces
Penalty vs Armor : -25% malus VS armored units for gun units.
Penalty vs Armor II : -100% malus VS armored units for units whithout guns.
Armored vehicule : Malus in Jungle and Forest for armored vehicule, bonuses vs most of the units, up to the Rifleman.
Jungle impassable : heavy tanks cannot enter Jungle.

BUILDINGS :
24 New buildings : Lumberjack's Hut, Charcoal burner, Wind Turbine, Steel Foundry, Cannon Foundry, Nuclear Fuel Factory,
Airbase, Naval Academy, Sewer System, Heavy Weapon Factory, Warship Factory, Aircraft Factory, Recycling Center,
Oil Refinery, Tax Office, Ministry of Finance, Bio Refinery, Ski Resort, Water Sport Resort, Brewery, Tavern, Cinema, Shrine, Archery Range.

Buildings are required to produce warships, aircraft, heavy weapons and Elite Infantry (Marines, Paratroopers, Special Forces, Riflemen)

RESOURCES :
New resources : Timber, Kerosene, Diesel, Steel, Ale.
Fuel required by all mechanized units.
Iron, Oil, Coal and Uranium can be gained from buildings.

New Project : Holy War

25 new Technologies

Includes :
Building Resources ver6, Parts of Thal's Balance Combat v86, Remote Mining, Navalcounterattack, Barbarians!
Support french, german and english.

**************************************************************************************************
Compatibility and installation issues :
**************************************************************************************************
Previous versions should be deleted before installing a new version but finish your current game first ! :)

German translation may be incomplete for some entries, please don't hesitate to report it.

Optional DLCs :
Compatible with the DLC Spain/Inca and Polynesia, compatibility with other DLCs not guaranteed.

(NOTE : To see the propeller on the aircrafts you need to put the file "civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml" (in the folder "copy to common" of this mod) to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\resource\Common\ and replace it.)

Compatibility with other Mods :
Any mod changing the tech tree will mess up this mod.

Highlander and Housecarl are included in both ArtDefine files, so if you are using "City States UU" just delete Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml from "City States UU" directory.

Compatible with the mod "Ingame Editor" from Don Quiche.
(very usefull to test units and features)

This mod is not compatible with :

Build Cities Within 2 Tiles
Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced Mod
YNAEMP
RED Modpack
Hulfgar's Modpack

******************************************************************************************************************************************************
BUGS :
In the civilopedia the scout has been moved in the great persons screen. I don't find why!

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Notes for Version 7 :
Satellites technologie back in the tech tree.
Corrected a bug in the AI of the I-400 Submarine carrier.
Corrected the icon for the Swordsmen.
Corrected a bug in the Barbarian file for terrorists
Disabled the need of an add on to use this modpack with the Polynesia civ. Add on for Spain is still required.
Added the new animation from Danrell (from 21-06-2012).
Bug correction in some text files (Buildings and Marine)

Notes for Version 6 :
Compatibility for the patch 101 674
Some ethnic units for Mongolia

Notes for Version 5.3 :
Navalcounterattack removed
Movement speed of all planes increased.
Artillery requires Horses to pull it!
Flavor for the use of Artillery and Cannons back to vanilla settings.
Cities have a firing range of 1

Bug correction :
Saved game can be loaded again.
The destroyer can no longer carry units.

Notes for Version 4.1 :
Insta Heal should be correctly removed.
Removed the Cargo Promotion from the Destroyer.

Notes for Version 4 :
Spoiler :
Bug correction :
Navalcounterattack is working again.

New techs :
Mythology - Ancient Era
Tragedy - Classical Era
Banknote - Medieval Era

Horseback Riding requires Trapping, Civil Service requires Horseback Riding
Calendar requires Writing and Mythology

Buildings :
NEW BUILDING : Shrine : +1 Happiness
Stonehenge now requires the Tech Mythology
Theatre now requires the Tech Tragedy
National Tresury now requires the Tech Banknote
The Monastery requires a Shrine to be build.
Holy War requires 1 Monastery in the City instead of 3 Temples in the Empire.
The Market will grant +1 in happiness
NEW BUILDING : Archery Range : This building requires 1 Timber, grants 15% XP to Archers and gives a 25% Bonus to their production. Obsolete with Gunpowder.

New Wonders :
Panama Canal from Ambrox, available with Combustion
Three Gorge Damm from Ambrox, available with Ecology
Carnival from Ambrox, available with Tragedy
Pergamon Altar v2 from Ambrox
Hollywood from Pouakai

Units :
NEW UNIT : Longbowmen : ranged medieval unit with a range of 2 (3 for the English Longbowman).All Longbowmen cost 140 in production (20 more than the Crossbowman).
Archers obsoletes with Tech Longbow
Archers and Crossbowmen : Range down to 1
Ships : Range down to 1 except for "big guns" (Dreadnought, Cruiser and Battleship : range = 2)
Pikemen obsoletes with Tech Musket (instead of Rifling)
NEW UNIT : Patrol Boat : cheap naval units whose goal is to deter unprotected naval invasion. They cannot enter Ocean tiles.

Notes for Version 3 :
Spoiler :
Correction of the formation for the fighter Lagg3 (Egypt)
The promotion Bonus vs Capital Ships (50) now gives correctly 50% vs Dreadnoughts
The Flying Bomb can now rebase
French and German skins for fighters have been changed for more diversity.
Ethnic units for Mongolia (skins from some free Japanese units from Danrell)

Notes for Version 2 :

Spoiler :

Corrected a mistake in the Capital Ship Bonus Promotion
Added the Kamikaze and Flying Bomb
Added Swiss Guard skin from Nutty for the rome pikeman
Holy War back as building
Various bug correction

Credits : see credits.txt

The add on for users of the Spain/Inca DLC is available.
For users of the Polynesia DLC the add on from Hulfgars Modpack will work.

Hey Hulfgar, you like to keep busy I see :)

What's with this Industrial Warfare mod; did you create this primarily for yourself or were people complaining about late game units? The industrial era is definitely my favorite hope to feel more of it. Does this mean era's will be longer or just stop? Unfortunately I just got halfway deep in a new10.3 game so this mod will have to wait. Skyrim could only keep me away from your mod for so long! :goodjob:

Hello Bslade, welcome back :)

yes some people were complaining about the late game units and as I played with the idea to do such a mod for myself I decided it was worth to try it.

Does this mean era's will be longer or just stop?

Modern Era and Future Era are still there for now. But the "modern era" will stop in what would be the sixties for us. After this you are in the Future, with just the Future Tech and no units (I kept this Tech for the Victory conditions).

This way you can play your late game with WW2 units. I find that those are more interesting from a graphic point of view and we have more ethnic diversity with them.

Eventually I will enhance this with longer era : but I am out of ideas to name them :)
And I need to find some techs, buildings, improvements to put in them.

What I would like is an era between what is Renaissance and Industrial (could be called Napoleonic Era from an european view).
An era for the time of WW1 and one for the time of WW2 until the first space flights.

As for now this mod gave me room for Bernie's Napoleonic Musketmen and this fills a gap between the first muskets and the rifle.

I hope you enjoy this mod, as always feedback is most welcome!

Hello Cicerosaurus,

Hulfgar, when you say it is not compatible with your other Mod, does that mean that they can't both be loaded onto the same computer?
It's exactly that! You can have both installed (they don't have the same number so there should be no conflict), but you can't run both at the same time.

Industrial Warfare is a variant of the Modpack but completely independant and with changes that make both mods incompatibles (not to speak from some common files that Civ5 can handle only once!).

For the same reason I had to make a new version of the mod for the Spain/Inca DLC to adjust Spain's units to the new mod.
So if you have this DLC and want to play the industrial mod make sure to use Hulfgars Industrial Warfare DLC Spain Inca with it and to deactivate Hulfgars Modpack DLC Spain Inca if it was installed!

Hello Cicerosaurus,

It's exactly that! You can have both installed (they don't have the same number so there should be no conflict), but you can't run both at the same time.

Industrial Warfare is a variant of the Modpack but completely independant and with changes that make both mods incompatibles (not to speak from some common files that Civ5 can handle only once!).

For the same reason I had to make a new version of the mod for the Spain/Inca DLC to adjust Spain's units to the new mod.
So if you have this DLC and want to play the industrial mod make sure to use Hulfgars Industrial Warfare DLC Spain Inca with it and to deactivate Hulfgars Modpack DLC Spain Inca if it was installed!

I had Hulfgars Modpack (No DLC) Ver 10.2 and I was just trying a game of Industrial when, as I said, I started with a Persian heavy tank (I was Darius) . I quickly looked at what units I could build on the first turn and there was "line infantry" (I think that was the name) so I just backed out and uninstalled it.

Hulfgar, I just deleted your other Mod and loaded this one and the Spain / Inca Mod of yours. loaded a game (Darius/ Large/ King) and again my first unit was a Persian Heavy Tank- along with a settler. I was able to build Line Infantry from the first turn.

a bug?

yes a bug, I will look into this tonight when I'm back at home.

Thanks Cicerosaurus.

Hello Cicerosaurus,

so I started a game with Darius.

Enabled were the main mod Hulfgars Industrial Warfare and the add on Hulfgars Industrial Warfare DLC Spain Inca.
Everything seems to be ok : 1 settler and 1 warrior as starting units, nothing strange in the production line (see screenshot below).

First guess is that you have a conflict between the mod and another, so just to be sure :

- After deleting/deactivating "Hulfgars Modpack" did you clear the cache ?

- The add on for Spain that you were using was Hulfgars Industrial Warfare DLC Spain Inca and not Hulfgars Modpack DLC Spain Inca? And did you deactivate Hulfgars Modpack DLC Spain Inca ?
In the near future I should make the 2 main mods so that the same add on works for both but for now each has it's own add on :(

- any other mod enabled ?

Hulfgar, thanks - no other Mod enabled.

I think my problem was that I didn't fully clear the cache. I deleted all the files but I didn't delete the folders. I did that and it now seems fine.

Sorry to put you to trouble. However, the only other Mod (or part of a Mod) there would have been your other Mod so it seems they can't be present together.

Hello Cicerosaurus,

no trouble at all! If only one of the mods can be on the computer at a time it's bad news but good to know!
I will reinstall my first mod to check on my side, I'm still a "light" installation after the crash of my PC :)

By the way in the Industrial Mod city range is down to 0 as well.

Hulfgar, I have been using this Mod and it is good. I haven't quite finished, but I do have three points.

1. The use of the settler icon for marines is really confusing. I wondered why CS were giving me settlers.
2. The Holy War is still a problem child. With the way I play, I didn't use it much before and won't at all now. The simple thing is it requires so much effort to build and by the time I would get it, the units would be very obsolete.
3. This one could be a difficulty I created. Two civilizations ahve been wiped out yet they still appear on the diplomatic list and Hiawatha even denounced me. He has no income and no gold. The only thing I can think of is if I have checked "require complete kills" and they have a unit sneaking around somewhere. Iwould add that another Civilization has totally disappeared.

Cheers

Hello Cicerosaurus,

1. The use of the settler icon for marines is really confusing. I wondered why CS were giving me settlers.

I will give them the icon of the infantry, I may have done something wrong when I tried to give them a custom icon (which didn't work).

The Holy War is still a problem child.
Yes I'm still not happy with it. This Civ 5 really lacks a Religion feature !
I may revert the holy war to a wonder, at least it can spawns free units this way.
Or perhaps bind the units to a policy?

Two civilizations ahve been wiped out yet they still appear on the diplomatic list and Hiawatha even denounced me. He has no income and no gold. The only thing I can think of is if I have checked "require complete kills" and they have a unit sneaking around somewhere. Iwould add that another Civilization has totally disappeared.
Yes it must be this option you checked.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Hulfgar, I was thinking of the Holy War. It is sort of a mindset of the population against an infidel (call them whatever you will)or an aggressor. I was wondering (and I don't know if this is at all possible) if it could be built and then when there is a war declared it could generate random military units while that war lasted.

One other possibility would be (I know that you and Bslade mentioned this in regard to city defense.) would be for it to encourage partisan units to be formed at random intervals around a city that the enemy has captured. There was something similar to this in an earlier Civ- was it Civ 3?

Version 2 of the Mod is ready to download!

Changes are :
Corrected a mistake in the Capital Ship Bonus Promotion
Added the Kamikaze and Flying Bomb
Added Swiss Guard skin from Nutty for the Rome Pikeman
Holy War back as a building with a cheaper cost until I find a better solution.
Various bug correction.

Now I will see how I can make some partisans spawn!

PS : the add on for Spain has been updated as well, you need version 2 if you're using it.

Just a note for any others- I d/l this from Media Share and Trend twice stopped another site from opening there with this message:

Trend Micro has confirmed that this website can transmit malicious software or has been involved in online scams or fraud.

There was no problem with the download itself as far as I am aware. The other page you may wish to treat with caution.

Hello Cicerosaurus,

you had this problem with mediafire ?

I will put another mirror then, just in case of. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom