Revolutions

okay im confused, 8 (may be a stupid question)

Why would there be 8 slots left?

Since the CAP for CIV and CS combined will be 63,

With the customs civs and CS I created and wish to use both will be from time I start the game will be 63 (43 CIVS and 20 CS)

Where will 8 free slots come from? if the cap is already reached from start of the game? (This is the scenario I created using custom civs, custom cs and your YNAEMP Mod)
My bad, I've counted back from 61 player, but it's indeed 63.

But if you use Revolution, it will reserve 10 of the CS available when the game start for later use.

okay I understand now:)

Awesome thanks for the mod, btw any idea why it not possible to breach the 63 CAP? Is it hardcoded. Will we be able to ever increase it?

I'm afraid that the 63 limit is coded in the part we don't have access too.

Or there is a bit of the code somewhere assuming that barbarian is always player 63 instead of MAX_CIV_PLAYERS. Something like the 22 sub-region created when loading a map that made the game crash when there was more major civs than sub-region, until whoward found it...

But I didn't try to change it since patch 1.0.3.18, I'll test it again. When I get time.

Can i use this without the custom advanced setup mod?
What exactly will i lose? I see the way that reserving cs is lost, but can that be bypassed by having a higher cs setting at the start of the game instead?

Honestly the only reason i don't like the custom advanced setup mod is because you don't get the nice initial game setup screen with the icons for map type, civilization and all that.
I really prefer selecting civs from the usual nice big list with pictures, bonuses and all at a glance, than just from a text list as in the advanced setup.

Would there possibly be a chance to change the advanced setup mod so it rests within the "advanced setup" button as per vanilla? So you'd only see the screen with the new settings if you actually click the advanced setup button in the normal setup screen.

The reservation BEFORE starting the game is mandatory, but another setup screen could be done, yes. I just have so many things above in the priority list that I think you may have the time to learn to mod it a dozen times before I've reached that step :D

thanks !

is it reproducible ? (crashing again from your last save ?)

I haven't checked, but it usually isn't. What will happen is that the game CTDs, I reload from the last save I have (usually an autosave), and try again and the turn goes by without a hitch, and there'll be a few turns, or maybe a dozen, before a crash again.

ok, if you can, I'd like a few more log to see if there is a common factor.

but a random crash... that's difficult to track.

I've played about another hundred turns, crash-free, after disabling R.E.D.

Gademon, is still group of mods available with your maps SL maps? Plus, will it be compatible with BNW and Global Warming, Forestration and Plague?

Thanks! Oh, and do I really need to put the historical start? And if yes, will the historical start will have True Starting location on your world maps?

Might you add a mechanic in the future that allows the rebellious cities to join together to form new civs?
No, but it can be done.

Gademon, is still group of mods available with your maps SL maps? Plus, will it be compatible with BNW and Global Warming, Forestration and Plague?
yes, yes, idk, idk, idk.

'welcome.

Oh, and do I really need to put the historical start? And if yes, will the historical start will have True Starting location on your world maps?
no, but yes.

No, but it can be done.

This is honestly the most important feature I want added to this mod. Seeing civs rise and fall throughout a game adds so much more dynamism, and makes things so much more interesting.

I don't plan to make rebel CS to form a new Civilization, but I do plan to use Historical Spawn Dates & Revolution to create a new Civilization where/when it should using a raise in unrest until it spawn. Incidentally a group of rebel CS could be created from the unrest before the Civilization spawn, but it will be a consequence of the Civilization planned spawning, not the cause.

Hmm... if you want to do it through HSD, a random variant of that mod could be interesting. I.e, at the beginning of each game the civs set to spawn at a later date are randomly generated, and the time they spawn at are random too. Would provide the same dynamism, though in a different kind of way.

I'm still in favor of the idea that strong enough rebellions could produce new civs, but whatever :)

producing new civs is good for a normal game, I agree, but I've designed this to be used with a TSL/HSD setting.

I've added the option to spawn new CS after revolution because it was a fast addition, I don't think that I'll take the time to do it for major civilizations when I have so much to do for my own use.

Still it won't be hard to implement from the current code for anyone knowing Lua.

Ah, it's a shame I don't know Lua/how to mod. But I understand if you're busy, you're running like 4 to 5 mods concurrently, which in itself is a noteworthy feat.

If anyone else wants to attempt it though, who knows Lua, there's several hundred internet points worth of gratitude in it for you from me!

My game crashes whenever I meet a revolted city state for the first time. In this game I was playing as Germany and America. When it was Germany's turn, Indian rebels just finished taking Mumbai and Delhi from India. It then spawned Kuala Lumpur in place of Delhi and Mumbai switched to it's control. I sent units up to meet the city state and the second it did the game crashed straight to desktop, no error from windows just direct CTD.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 100
Top Bottom