Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Just a quick question, I am sorry if this has already been answered but i cannot seem to find the answer here and please bear in mind I am a Civ noob & a Civ5 modding noob.

I wanted to test-out this mod so using firetuner2 i plopped in resources onto the map, but was not able to connect it to my trade resources, the vanilla resources such as oil, iron, horses etc can be connected by building what is needed over them, but timber, ale steel & now elephants etc cannot be connected, is there any special prerequisites needed to connect these items to the trade route/resources, or does this feature not work for resources inserted via firetuner?

And most importantly thank you for this amazing mod, though i do wish you had disabled the embark promotion and put in transports instead. :goodjob:

Hello diamonddrago,

welcome to this mod :)

I've never used firetuner but there is some prereq for the new resources :

the elephant needs ivory AND an elephant stable
steel needs iron AND coal AND a steel foundry
ale needs wheat AND a brewery
timber needs a lumberjack's hut
kerosene and diesel need oil AND an oil refinery

if it doesn't work once you have the buildings and the basic resources then I don't see how to get it in firetuner.

though i do wish you had disabled the embark promotion and put in transports instead.

I did it once, the result did not convinced me. The biggest problem was the AI which would not embark it's units on transports!

Just a quick question, I am sorry if this has already been answered but i cannot seem to find the answer here and please bear in mind I am a Civ noob & a Civ5 modding noob.

I wanted to test-out this mod so using firetuner2 i plopped in resources onto the map, but was not able to connect it to my trade resources, the vanilla resources such as oil, iron, horses etc can be connected by building what is needed over them, but timber, ale steel & now elephants etc cannot be connected, is there any special prerequisites needed to connect these items to the trade route/resources, or does this feature not work for resources inserted via firetuner?

And most importantly thank you for this amazing mod, though i do wish you had disabled the embark promotion and put in transports instead. :goodjob:

The ale, timber, steel etc resources are not gathered from the map. They are obtained from other resources (like iron -> steel) using buildings in cities (e.g. Steel Foundry). That's why putting them on map with FireTuner won't give you anything.

good job hulfgar i really like the work you put into this but one question how do you rescale the units

I normally play with RED v.15 on half settings so the units somewhat fit with the size of the cities buildings, terrans and so i can have 30 infantry units fit into one tile.
(The Sid meier's civilization5-Mods-R.E.D Modpack-SQL to axcess vanilla units txt)

I found an folder in your mod with vanilla units txt and replaced it with the one i had. But it doesn't effect any of the ethnic or new units. So is there any way I can rescale all of the units ?

Any help would be appreciated and thx again for this awesome mod:D

Hello Echoluken,

you will find all related graphic files in \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Industrial Warfare Gods and Kings Edition (v 4)\SQL\NewUnitsArts + sub folders per unit family
they are in sql format, you can open it with notepad.

Example : if you want to rezise the dreadnoughts open \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Industrial Warfare Gods and Kings Edition (v 4)\SQL\NewUnitsArts\Ships\Battleships.sql

then find those lines :
Code:
--INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos																								(Type,												Scale,					ZOffset,	Domain,		Model,							MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag)
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_DREADNOUGHT',					[COLOR="Red"]0.105[/COLOR],					NULL,		'Sea',		'Dreadnought_Generic.fxsxml',			'METAL',			'METALLRG');
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_DREADNOUGHT_ENGLAND',			[COLOR="Red"]0.105[/COLOR],					NULL,		'Sea',		'Queen_Elizabeth_Class.fxsxml',			'METAL',			'METALLRG');
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_DREADNOUGHT_RUSSIA',			[COLOR="Red"]0.105[/COLOR],					NULL,		'Sea',		'Gangut_Class.fxsxml',					'METAL',			'METALLRG');
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_DREADNOUGHT_AMERICA',			[COLOR="Red"]0.105[/COLOR],					NULL,		'Sea',		'Pennsylvania_Class.fxsxml',			'METAL',			'METALLRG');

The value in red is the size for the unit.

Now I would advise to wait before you invest some time in this, because in the next version of the mod the way ethnic skins are handled will be different.
Actually I have one unique unit per skin, in the next version it will be as in RED : 1 unit with multiple skins.
There will be some differences between the old and new files so you will not be able to just copy and paste your changes and you would have to do every thing all over again.

Version 5 should be ready in 2 to 3 days.

Seems someone accidentally reported the thread instead of replying to it.
The message:
Hulfgar i have big problem when i have your mod and i want to play the game is stop and show me table with send or not send (srry for my english).
I think that problem is in those lines:
<ReloadLandmarkSystem>0</ReloadLandmarkSystem>
<ReloadStrategicViewSystem>1</ReloadStrategicViewSystem>
<ReloadUnitSystem>1</ReloadUnitSystem>
But when i hcnage in last from 1 to 0 the all units have spearman texture,PPLLLZZZZ fix this on your new version, becouse i love your mod but that version to expansion dont work at all for me:(

Spoiler :

Hello Echoluken,

you will find all related graphic files in \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Industrial Warfare Gods and Kings Edition (v 4)\SQL\NewUnitsArts + sub folders per unit family
they are in sql format, you can open it with notepad.

Example : if you want to rezise the dreadnoughts open \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Industrial Warfare Gods and Kings Edition (v 4)\SQL\NewUnitsArts\Ships\Battleships.sql

then find those lines :
Code:
--INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos																								(Type,												Scale,					ZOffset,	Domain,		Model,							MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag)
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_DREADNOUGHT',					[COLOR="Red"]0.105[/COLOR],					NULL,		'Sea',		'Dreadnought_Generic.fxsxml',			'METAL',			'METALLRG');
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_DREADNOUGHT_ENGLAND',			[COLOR="Red"]0.105[/COLOR],					NULL,		'Sea',		'Queen_Elizabeth_Class.fxsxml',			'METAL',			'METALLRG');
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_DREADNOUGHT_RUSSIA',			[COLOR="Red"]0.105[/COLOR],					NULL,		'Sea',		'Gangut_Class.fxsxml',					'METAL',			'METALLRG');
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag,	MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag) VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_DREADNOUGHT_AMERICA',			[COLOR="Red"]0.105[/COLOR],					NULL,		'Sea',		'Pennsylvania_Class.fxsxml',			'METAL',			'METALLRG');

The value in red is the size for the unit.

Now I would advise to wait before you invest some time in this, because in the next version of the mod the way ethnic skins are handled will be different.
Actually I have one unique unit per skin, in the next version it will be as in RED : 1 unit with multiple skins.
There will be some differences between the old and new files so you will not be able to just copy and paste your changes and you would have to do every thing all over again.

Version 5 should be ready in 2 to 3 days.

Ah okay thx for the heads up:) now to just wait until this becomes compatible with TSL

Thanks The_J, could you give me the users pseudo ?

The guy is pawel0482.
Why do you ask?

Since I'm posting: pawel, please check your email inbox (and the spam folder, just in case), there should be an email from civfanatics, and in there should be a link. You have to click that link before you can post here.
And then this conversation can go on normal again :D.

So pawel0482,

please I need to know :

-1 which language is easier for you : german, french or english ?

-2 do you have other mods enabled?

-3 are you playing Gods and Kings with this mod?

ReloadUnitSystem is needed to get the new skins for the units, it must be on "1".

ReloadLandmarkSystem can be left on 0. It is not used for this mod (and was a crash maker sometime ago)

ReloadStrategicViewSystem should be on 1 but not sure. It should not be the reason of your crashes or other people would have this problem.

Now, that will be a strange conversation :D.
Asked the admins if they can send again an activation email for pawel.

Now, he has submitted his error log, hopefully it's helpful.

Oh and could you post this for Hulgar to read this log of errors from his mod:
Spoiler :

[1690.640] constraint failed
[1690.640] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[1704.015] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1704.015] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[1704.015] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[1704.921] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_NEBUCHADNEZZAR" does not exist in Leaders
[1704.921] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_NEBUCHADNEZZAR" does not exist in Leaders
[1704.921] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_NEBUCHADNEZZAR" does not exist in Leaders
[1705.671] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SPANISH_GALLEON" does not exist in Units
[1705.671] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SPANISH_TREASURE CART" does not exist in Units
[1705.671] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_POLYNESIAN_WAR_CANOE" does not exist in Units
[1705.671] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_DANISH_LONGBOAT" does not exist in Units
[1705.671] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SAXON_HUSCARL" does not exist in Units
[1705.671] Failed Validation.
[1706.531]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 406440 57860728
PageCache: 4339 4982
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 0 49349880
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1160
Scratch: 6664

Prepared Statements:
Current: 10
------------------------------
[1765.375] near "Index": syntax error
[1765.390] near "Index": syntax error
[1765.406] near "Index": syntax error
[1765.421] near "Index": syntax error
[1765.437] near "Index": syntax error
[1765.453] near "Index": syntax error
[1779.000] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/Units/unitformations.xml): 'Row' or 'Delete' expected, got 'Name'.
[1781.515] near "Index": syntax error
[1781.515] near "Index": syntax error
[1782.031] near "Index": syntax error
[1783.359] Database::XMLSerializer (Merged Mods/Attila Resources Tooltip/TopPanel.xml): 'Row' or 'Delete' expected, got 'TextButton'.
[1845.703] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1845.703] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[1845.703] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[1846.671] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_NEBUCHADNEZZAR" does not exist in Leaders
[1846.671] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_NEBUCHADNEZZAR" does not exist in Leaders
[1846.671] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_NEBUCHADNEZZAR" does not exist in Leaders
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Bismarck" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Tirpitz" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Scharnhorst" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Gneisenau" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Admiral Scheer" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Admiral Graf von Spee" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "IJN Yamato" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "IJN Musashi" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "IJN Shinano" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "USS Iowa" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "USS Missouri" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "USS New Jersey" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "HMS King Georges V" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "HMS Duke of York" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "HMS Prince of Wales" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "HMS Anson" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "HMS Rodney" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "HMS Howe" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "MNF Richelieu" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "MNF Jean Bart" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "MNF Dunkerque" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "MNF Strasbourg" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "MNF Gascogne" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Sovetsky Soyuz" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Sovetskaya Ukraina" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Sovetskaya Rossiya" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "Sovetskaya Belorussiya" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "RM Littorio" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "RM Vittorio Veneto" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.281] Invalid Reference on Unit_UniqueNames.UniqueName - "RM Roma" does not exist in Language_en_US
[1847.468] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SPANISH_GALLEON" does not exist in Units
[1847.468] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SPANISH_TREASURE CART" does not exist in Units
[1847.468] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_POLYNESIAN_WAR_CANOE" does not exist in Units
[1847.468] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_DANISH_LONGBOAT" does not exist in Units
[1847.468] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SAXON_HUSCARL" does not exist in Units
[1847.468] Failed Validation.
[1849.515]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 2389312 57860728
PageCache: 4143 4982
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 1854840 49349880
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1160
Scratch: 6664

Prepared Statements:
Current: 23
------------------------------
[1850.156] no such column: Type
[1850.156] In Query - select * from Natural_Wonder_Placement where Type = ? LIMIT 1

EDIT: The other details:
1 i play on polish language but if this is necessary i can play on english
2 no only i want to play your mod, nothing else
3 are you playing Gods and Kings with this mod? YES.
PLZ HHEELLPP.

Edit: And more:
please tell Hulfgar that my game version is 1.0.1.674.I really dont know maybe my version is too old.

No, no idea for now. the log has nothing unusual, I have the same and it doesn't crash.

It could be a issue with the number of (unique) units. Ver 5 will have less units for the same amount of skins so it may solve the problem.

Due to conflicts it removes the added ability of the petra wonder added in god and kings. When I try to build it now, it actually says it reduces “benefits.“ Thus, I save the wonder for the idiot, AI. LOL. This still may be related to some crashes too I'm having, but I'm not certain.

I've check the Petra Wonder, it's code and in game : be carefull with it, it has some very exclusive prereqs and limitations :

If the city is on a desert tile you gain +1 food +1 gold +1 production.
But from floods plains it is -1 for each of those yields !!!
And the big bonus in culture is only when you discover Archaelogy.

After a quick test using IGE Petra seems to work normally.

My guess is that the Pedia is not explicit enough : from Flood Plains you get a malus (and not just nothing !)

Version 5 will ready for download in about 10 minutes.

A lot of changes in it :

Ethnic skins handled the same way as in RED Modpack (and as for Settlers, Workers,...)
Compatibility with Earth maps has to be checked.

Spelling corrections.
Remote Mining from Redox included.
Icons for the new units in the Strategic View.
Lots of new skins from Danrell, Bernie and Patum

Thanks to Redox the Lumbermill will now give +1 timber when build on jungle or forest.
Those features and these improvement are now required to get timber.

Buildings :
New Building : Commando Training Ground. Allows Commando, requires an Airbase and a Barrack. 1 free Commando upon completion.
Timber requirement for the Palisade removed.
The Motte and Bailey Castle requires a Palisade to be build.
The Lumberjack's Hut building has been deactivated
Units :
New unit : National Guard, combined unit for city defense, with MGs, AT Guns and AA Guns.
New unit : Heavy Siege Artillery, mighty Siege Unit, 60 in Combat Strengh, 3 in Range, must set up, very slow (skin Railroad Artillery from Danrell)

Submarines can carry 1 Commando (paradrop the commando on the sub to load it)
1 free Archer upon completion of the Archery range.

Balance correction :
Mobile Artillery same range as Artillery (3)
Sturmtiger Range up to 2
Katyusha : Range up to 3, Cost down from 300 to 280, Combat Strengh (close combat) down from 30 to 21.
Divebombers : Cost down to 350
Fastbombers : Combat Strengh up to 50, Cost down to 400
Bombers : Cost up to 450
Range combat for the Longbowmen down to 13
Chariot Archer requires 1 timber like the other chariot units.
Rifleman strengh boosted to 40, lost the open terrain promotion.
The Palissade requires 1 timber
Goldmaintenance for Temple : 0
All Chariot units require 1 Timber (and 1 Horse as before)
Divebombers : RangeCombat up to 50
Fastbombers : RangeCombat up to 60, cost down to 375
Bombers : RangeCombat up to 70, cost up to 400

Top Bottom