Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Just want to say i absolutely love this mod!

Also, thanks for working with whoward69 and getting his mods to work as well!

@bc1

I owe you an apology.

When I first was told about your mod, I read the comment about not getting it to work as an installable mod thus forcing you to make it a DLC.

I took that as some sort of failing on your part.

I was wrong.

I have just now installed it on my system, just to have a look, and I am impressed. This is some seriously fine modding going on here. Well done.

I am going to see how I like all the elements on my 1366 * 768 laptop screen and then, if it is alright with you, offer some suggestions. Not that you really need any, you seem to have cared for just about everything.

So, just in case you missed it.

Sorry.

Like I said in my first post this is a sweet mod. Nice work man. @Expiredriegn I finally got this to work for ceg, as far as i can tell. The conflict I found was file that had something to do with the tech tree so I just deleted it haha. I do stuff by trial and error lol. Again thanks for the mod Bc1!!:goodjob:

Couple of suggestions/questions

What about the addition of a toppanel clock? Attila made one many moons ago and I believe there maybe more code floating around here to use if needed. I have some versions of clock code if you want.

All the yields display according to the format of "produced each turn" except Gold which still shows total first. Why have the total here when it is also on the right hand side?

Why the separation of Tourism from Culture on the toppanel? Tourism is the "other side of the coin" to Culture yet it is displayed at the other end of the toppanel.

Is it possible to have the tooltip show the current Pantheon/Religion and its beliefs when mousing over the Faith yield icon? Would be a nice touch but I suspect a bit tricky.

Lastly, and this is a big one for me. The righthand side is for notifications, is it wise to keep the score of the civs and the city-state status fixed to that side?
On smaller screens, like mine, it all becomes a bit crowded. If they could be rotated 90 degrees and placed just under the toppanel, that would ease the congestion.

But just let me say again:
Well done.:goodjob:

Couple of suggestions/questions
Thanks for taking the time to provide feed back
What about the addition of a toppanel clock?
Yes it's trivial to do (the reason it's missing is that I simply did not need one: I have a clock / weather station right next to my monitor :D)
All the yields display according to the format of "produced each turn" except Gold which still shows total first.
Good point, but does it need to change ?
Why have the total here when it is also on the right hand side?
Because the right hand one is not always there (city screen, turned off by option...)
Why the separation of Tourism from Culture on the toppanel? Tourism is the "other side of the coin" to Culture yet it is displayed at the other end of the toppanel.
1) philosophy is that things which can affect the world / can be traded are on the right 2) it provides better balance left / right for the decluttered top panel for large screens (see snapshot) ;)
Is it possible to have the tooltip show the current Pantheon/Religion and its beliefs when mousing over the Faith yield icon? Would be a nice touch but I suspect a bit tricky.
Totally agree (I want to add it to the city banner and/or screen since they can each have they own), it's one of the many things I want to do but not the time. And it's not tricky at all, just copy the code from the religion popup (and clean it up :p). With no performance impact since it's a tooltip type (only run upon mouse over).
Edit: not sure I actually understand what faith yield icon you are referring to. If it's the map plot help mouse over, it already does that: if you have a belief in the city, it shows the corresponding yield (basic in the game). If you could acquire a belief, it shows you the yield bonus you could get from acquiring that belief.
Lastly, and this is a big one for me. The righthand side is for notifications, is it wise to keep the score of the civs and the city-state status fixed to that side?
On smaller screens, like mine, it all becomes a bit crowded. If they could be rotated 90 degrees and placed just under the toppanel, that would ease the congestion.
Yes, it's a bit crowded right now, although not so much on my 2560 monitor ;). Ultimately the idea is that too many notifications are the problem (although it did get better with G&K and BNW): most of the notifications would be removed, instead the corresponding symbol on the right side civ list or left side city list (not yet implemented) would flash. For example a war kicks off: currently you get several notifications, instead the war icons would flash on the relevant civs & city states.
Edit: not sure I will ever find the time to do this, though, so if you find a precise location for a 90° rotated list to fit, and which works when the chat panel is deployed, then that's relatively easy to do (change the stack offset and growth direction :lol:) but the score / gold / luxuries available for trade will have to go. Another option would be to move it to the left side in the infocorner (which already multiplexes so much stuff...)

I've been having some issues with the UI DLC. My civ 5 has the latest patch with all the vanilla DLCs and expansions running BNW. It's also a fresh install with no other mods except 2 earth sized maps.

I followed the install instructions and the game runs with the new UIs it seems (I can see extra icons on the right side), however whenever I go to "Options" menu (both in-game and at title screen) the whole thing is blank. I can't select any of the tabs and clicking on the buttons (cancel, default, accept) doesn't do anything and it won't close the window... so the only way is for me to alt+f4 it to exit the game. :nuke:

For some reason it's the DLC for sure since whenever I remove the folder from the "DLC" Folder, the options menu works again.

I tried deleting the "cache" folder as well but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

I love the innovative heads-up display of civilizations on the right side with tradable resources and border deals. It's very intuitive!

I think the normal Civ V interface hides too much important information behind popup panels: multiple panels on the left, more on the right, and even more on the "additional information" list. A lot of information we really need takes lots of effort to find out, like who we can trade our resources to. And on the flip side, the game displays a lot of useless info to us, like the cluttered terrain hover tooltip in the unmodded game. "Terrain: plains" is pointless to show when people specifically set the "no basic tooltip help" option.

How difficult would it be to move the citystate icons to the left slightly, creating room to show the small icon of their major civ ally? There could be a small vertical bar between the two icons showing the ratio of our influence to rival influence. This would be a great way to check the status of world diplomacy at a glance. It's very important now in BNW with the world congress.

Another interesting thing could be sorting the citystate icons in order of distance from our capital. Closer citystates are normally more important to us, so they'd go at the top.

I like your work and I'm going to play with it a while to see if I can come up with comments beyond first impressions. :)

I love the innovative heads-up display of civilizations on the right side with tradable resources and border deals. It's very intuitive!
Thanks! What I would really like to do is integrate a lot of the near-useless and often redundant notifications by making the corresponding mini-icon flash...
I think the normal Civ V interface hides too much important information behind popup panels: multiple panels on the left, more on the right, and even more on the "additional information" list. A lot of information we really need takes lots of effort to find out, like who we can trade our resources to. And on the flip side, the game displays a lot of useless info to us, like the cluttered terrain hover tooltip in the unmodded game. "Terrain: plains" is pointless to show when people specifically set the "no basic tooltip help" option.
Absolutely!
How difficult would it be to move the citystate icons to the left slightly, creating room to show the small icon of their major civ ally?
Not much: it's already supposed to be in there ;) (the ally icon is to the left of the city state icon), make sure you have the lastest version
There could be a small vertical bar between the two icons showing the ratio of our influence to rival influence. This would be a great way to check the status of world diplomacy at a glance. It's very important now in BNW with the world congress.
Good idea, but that would not be fully compliant with the DLC's base game philosophy "no info is displayed which is not already available somewhere else in the game". And I would probably prefer that inside a global "civ relations"-like screen that would include city states and which could be conveniently enabled/disabled as a mod.
Edit: actually that info is already available in the ally icon mouseover
Another interesting thing could be sorting the citystate icons in order of distance from our capital. Closer citystates are normally more important to us, so they'd go at the top.
Interesting idea, although it could be argued that this is more readily apparent on the map... where the citystate banners carefully duplicate all of the info available on the city state ribbon.
Edit: I will look into sorting city states with the same influence by distance to capital.
I like your work and I'm going to play with it a while to see if I can come up with comments beyond first impressions. :)
Have fun :D

Good idea, but that would not be compliant with the DLC's base game philosophy "no info is displayed which is not already available somewhere else in the game".

You can get this info by hovering over the influence meter on the city state popups - search the standard lua/xml for TXT_KEY_CITY_STATE_ALLY_TT

Think it looks amazing but had to uninstall.
Was getting lots of "Unable to load texture" errors (inc Greatworks.dds). On removing the folder from the DLC folder it was fine again.
Shame, because it's such an improvement.

These bugs happens when you don't have BNW or G&K extensions installed. I do have a fix for this if you want to try: https://anonfiles.com/file/cf88ae1325482d8c6dc399f5cff8ea35
I can't test it myself because I do have both BNW and G&K. I would appreciate feedback on whether it works...
Was pretty darn sure it was something like that.
I'll happily test it for you tonight (assuming I get home at a good time and I'm still awake :p).

Q: would you recommend either of the two expansions?

Tried the download on its own, which didn't work.
Tried the two together with the second as the overlay. Didn't "quite" work.

assets\DLC\Expansion\UI\Art\Icons\ReligiousSymbolsWhite32_Expansions.dds
Only error message (on loading of the game)

Another thing ... no dialogue boxes when talking to other leaders.
Can't choose anything to say. :D

@sizzflair: :hmm::eek: sounds weird :crazyeye::hammer2:, but might simply be a corrupt download: try downloading again :old:
If that still does not work, would you have an lua.log I could take a look at :dunno:
In the meantime try removing the Options subfolder from the UI_bc1 DLC floder

Deleting options solved the issue :goodjob:

Another thing i noticed is the delay on the information popping up when you have the curson hovering over a tile. In vanilla, it was instant... with the ui, i have to wait about 2-3 seconds. Any way to speed this baby up?

Top Bottom