PolicyPlus+

Tradition feels a bit weak in this tree. Now I know that Tradition is supposed to support a tall gameplay, but here it seems that Tradition is basically here to boost only your Capital.
Is it possible to maybe give out some bonuses to for example first 4 cities (for example the food and the production bonuses from Legalism and Landed Elite), or give bonuses from large cities?
As it is right now it's very difficult to go Tradition considering the raw boost Liberty gives to city yields, especially in regards to culture now.

Version 5 has been released! The aim of this patch was to tweak some areas where the original version went too far in rebalancing, making certain policy trees better than they needed to be and removing some facets of the original game unnecessarily, such as the increased Great Admiral movement. This should make the PolicyPlus+ mod more intuitive for new users, while retaining the main rebalancing ethos. The scope is fairly minor compared to the previous patches as I'm considering this more or less done, and may start to move on to some new civ modding projects in the summer... :)

The downloadable file has also been updated and can be found here

V5 Change List:
Spoiler :

Liberty: The Gold per city from Republic has been reduced from +2 to +1.

Piety: Changed Theocracy back to the original policy, and removed Gold from Holy Sites / Faith Wonders from the finisher. The finisher will still provide +3 Culture from Holy Sites / Faith Wonders. I feel like the initial change to Theocracy was quite unnecessary in retrospect, as it was already a very good policy.

Commerce: Changed the opener back to the original +25% Gold in Capital, moved +25% Gold from City Connections to Wagon Trains, and removed +25% Gold from Caravanseries. This was closer to the original design vision, and I felt that pigeonholing people into building Caravanseries was not really within the scope of this mod.

Exploration: Changed Navigation School back to the original, and moved the +1 Movement/Sight for naval units to Grand Armada. This was deemed necessary as Great Admirals would often fall behind fleets without the increased movement. The Golden Age bonus from kills for boats was also removed, as this conflicted with the Honor tree, which already did this. -_-

Thank you as always for your continued support. The next mod I intend to make will be PantheonPlus+, which will be my own take on rebalancing Religious beliefs in the same minimalist style as the PolicyPlus+ mod.

Dude, the civfanatics download just gives a .rar archive with a shortcut inside of it. Maybe you should fix that :p

Does anyone know how to download this mod from civfanatics? Only shortcuts are in zipped file... :confused:

Yup, this mod is basically nonexistent. Pulled from Steam and only gives a shortcut from this website.

@mslavko82
You're very welcome, all credit to Lees though (also the modder ofc)

Anyways, I tried the mod for the first time, in a cult. victory attempt but got terribly beaten by honor civs. Honor now seems a bit op, especially due to spirit of conquest (also discipline is buffed further). Did anyone had the same experience, or am I just being a crybaby?

ps: to be safe I'm gonna delete spirit of conquest promotion from non-(melee&mounted) units. That seems fair. Maybe drop wounded damage to 75%? but I'm not sure how that promotion works - there is "WoundedUnitDamageMod="-100" , if I set it to sth like -75, would that also make units with 90% hp fight with 75% strenght?

Top Bottom