Omg!!!did I Find A Super Exploit?????

citizenalex

Chieftain
I was playing a game and got to casting Blood of the Pheonix. I send a settler over to build a base and I get him back in my capital as the BoP said it would do. Now at first, I assumed it was only going to do this with military units, strictly speaking....

Can anyone out there check if this stuff works with Great Persons assuming you stashed a few in advance? Cuz if so, that just gives you a sweet fasttrack to Altar of Luonowhatever...

Sidar civs might revel in this if shades can be stashed ahead of time, too.

Please let me know and try not to alert the joykills over at the "balanced gaming" dept. this combo rocks.

Grigori... cast world spell-> get tons of GPs-> complete 'birthright regained-> cast world spell-> get tons of GPs-> complete blood of the pheonix-> use GPs-> enjoy :)

Already been found, documented, and nuked into mediocrity. GP's might still work for now (But not likely much longer). And honestly, settlers aren't that impressive. It's about as strong as getting a Warrens.

It works really nice to build that last Altar or Tower needed for victory. GE are difficult to get enmasse in FfH. Being able to use them twice makes it that much easier to rush the final build at the end of the game.

It works really nice to build that last Altar or Tower needed for victory. GE are difficult to get enmasse in FfH. Being able to use them twice makes it that much easier to rush the final build at the end of the game.
using only half as many prophets as usual for the altar is kind of easy, isn't it?

OP - yes, this was mentioned in the main FFH forum a couple of weeks ago :p Kael is well aware of the GP 'exploit' and seems happy with it.
The crux is that Divine Essence is one of the last techs in the game, requiring completion of two different tech strands. If you're stockpiling GP till so late in the game the likelihood is you're missing out more on not settling them early. The one main exception to this is if you grab Birthright Regained with Grigori first, but that's not the easiest task.

using only half as many prophets as usual for the altar is kind of easy, isn't it?

No. It's a lot easier to get 6 prophets with incremental Altar upgrades than it would be to get 3 prophets with no Altars. When you add in the exp, happiness and hammer bonuses that you're missing out on by waiting till BoP to build your Altars, it's just not worth it. The only exception to that would be if you decide to go for an altar victory late an somehow have a strong undiluted GP generator (or you've stockpiling great priests late on for some reason...) - highly unlikely.

As said above, BoP can be useful for doubling the power of a Great Engineer, but it isn't great with respect to priests.

Yes, an exploit that makes one say "It better be awesome if we're going to spend" 16,000 or 17,000 :science: on Divine Essence to get it - after having spent about 11,000 :science: on Mithril Working immediately before - both of which require thousands of :science: for direct prequisites like Engineering, Religious Law, and Theology.

I don't want to overstate the cost of research though because a lot of techs you're going to research anyway for themselves but even just looking at that final Divine Essence tech you're entitled to some major payoff.

If I were to make it to the point where I could afford it, I wouldn't need it, most likely. Though I'd still might try it. It would probably be the coup de grace on my enemies...

Top Bottom