Should they add the Plutonium?

alpha2117

Prince
Archeoligists found the supposedly mythical gates to Hell in Turkey. The temple complex in Hierapolis, now the volcanic-spring restort town of Pamukkale, featured in many ancient legends and historical texts.

"This space is full of a vapour so misty and dense that one can scarcely see the ground. Any animal that passes inside meets instant death," the Greek historian Strabo wrote in 24AD.

"I threw in sparrows and they immediately breathed their last and fell."

The archaeologists uncovered the ruins of a circular temple near a cave entrance, surrounded by Ionic columns. One of them held a dedication to the gods of the underworld - Pluto and Kore.

Discovery News reports the excavations have also revealed evidence of a nearby thermal pool and courtyard which was a gathering-place for priests and visitors seeking prophetic visions or to speak with dead loved ones.

A staired terrace overlooking the temple and pool would have held onlookers and initiates as eunuchs led bulls into the cave - and dragged them out, dead.

Francesco D'Andria of the University of Salento said the "visions" were probably hallucinations caused by breathing diluted fumes wafting up from the Gate to Hell.

And the portal is still a killer, he said.

"We could see the cave's lethal properties during the excavation," D'Andria told Discovery News.

"Several birds died as they tried to get close to the warm opening, instantly killed by the carbon dioxide fumes."

The site had been damaged by Christians in the 6th Century and the destruction was completed by later earthquakes.

Straight away I thought of Civ 5 and the inherent coolness of a Gates of Hell wonder.

The name of the site was Plutonium, the place of Pluto. Pluto was Roman Hades, but with more focus on underground wealth.

While that is a place with nifty historical lore, I feel that its potential role is incorporated into the Oracle. The Oracle of Delphi was a similar site where vapors from underground hot springs wafted up and gave the priests hallucinations. Only the Oracle was attributed to Apollo rather than Hades/Pluto.

They should add Tralphium for the Giant Death Robot, Nuclear Fusion should not include Uranium.

I guess you could always found a town nearby and name it Tristram.

Interesting bit of arcaeological info, but what would the natural wonder do? Poison units that end their turn near it?

May I ask what this is about?
I don't understand all the riddles so is this about some Myth or the Nuclear Material?

May I ask what this is about?
I don't understand all the riddles so is this about some Myth or the Nuclear Material?

There has been some recent archaeological work done at a site in Turkey that was called Plutonium in ancient times. Plutonium = Place of Pluto. It was basically the gateway to Hades. It functioned similarly to the Oracle at Delphi.

There has been some recent archaeological work done at a site in Turkey that was called Plutonium in ancient times. Plutonium = Place of Pluto. It was basically the gateway to Hades. It functioned similarly to the Oracle at Delphi.

Ah I see

Top Bottom