Possibilty of 2 religions?

I was just wondering, is it possible to found 2 religions in a game? I know that a Prophet spawned from faith usually defaults to whatever the first Prophet founded but what about one spawned from the Mayan cycle/liberty/Hagia sophia? Can you take that to another city and pick up extra beliefs?

Your question is answered, but I will mention that it is possible for a city to get the benefit of two different religions, if at least one of them involve buildings bought with faith. For example, if you picked monasteries and pagodas, while someone else picked cathedrals and mosques, you could build all 4 buildings in one city if it is flipped to the other religion at any point.

Your question is answered, but I will mention that it is possible for a city to get the benefit of two different religions, if at least one of them involve buildings bought with faith. For example, if you picked monasteries and pagodas, while someone else picked cathedrals and mosques, you could build all 4 buildings in one city if it is flipped to the other religion at any point.

Yeah I did this with caputured Gr Prts. then using my own Gr Prt to convert back to my own faith.

What happens if you hold onto your first Great Prophet without founding a religion until a second one spawns? If you found with one GP, does the second one just lose the found option? And if so, does it convert to the religion you founded or can it only be planted as a holy site?

Would test it myself if I was home at the moment, but alas I am not.

What happens if you hold onto your first Great Prophet without founding a religion until a second one spawns? If you found with one GP, does the second one just lose the found option? And if so, does it convert to the religion you founded or can it only be planted as a holy site?

Would test it myself if I was home at the moment, but alas I am not.

That happened to me once when I was trying to plop a city right next to my opponent and make it my holy city instead of the capital. It was pretty far so I got my second GProphet before I founded my religion, and yea, the second one had Enhance Religion instead of Found.

Also, Holy Site was grayed out for both of them. I don't think I checked if Holy Site was available on the second one once I founded the religion. I will have to test that one now.

Top Bottom