Will Brave New World turn Civ into a WAR GAME again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pthieu1986

Warlord
* I usually play single mod with TIME VICTORY ONLY (Emperor level) because this way helps me enjoy game features fully. My experience is that AIs are so agressively that they keep going to wars to get points most of the time. I feel like i am playing a truly war game.

* This is a result of the SCORE SYSTEM. You get scores from: (1) numbers of cities, (2) population, (3) land, (4) technologies, (5) future tech, (6) wonders. It's almost impossible for a focused medium civ (less than 15 cities) to win with such a system.

* Different people have various views but i believe the game would be more fun and challenging if the score system includes: the happiness points (the yellow smiley on top), and yields generated by great people (holy cite, manufactory, etc).

If you restrict your game rules to have no cultural or diplomatic victories, of course it's going to be a war game.

I'm confused. I turn time victory off, because I don't like a game to end just because no-one has won yet. Not that it usually gets to the end date.

Why would you turn off everything [/i]but[/i] time victory?

Yes, the score system is a bit crap, and I'd like to see it improved, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the thread's stated title.

One would certainly hope that it does turn into a better war game. But the way some are talking, they'll be happy if they can just move caravans around and pretend they are engaging with real people (in SP). Those are simply means to end, which is to win effectively given the geopolitical situation, opponents and your ability to manage that differs every game.

Vanilla was a wargame,
Gods and Kings was a wargame
Brave New World will be a wargame

Sid Meir's Panzer General Through The Ages... I mean um Civilization V is just a war game full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom