Expansion Pack??

Most likely they'll allow playing with BNW without G&K and copy necessary things (like new late game units), but I doubt there will be any balance for this option. Things like Piety tree could be quite ugly in this case. So I wouldn't recommend experimenting even if it will be allowed.

It's a lot more likely that buying Brave New World will include the Gods & Kings updates. It's not so much a matter of balance as the fact that the game can't cope with the lack of the previous changes. Gods & Kings made all sorts of changes to the HP system and combat and that is needed for the new expansion. It is all built on top of it.

As with Civ IV, I expect that they will take the view that everyone who was going to buy the previous expansion as a separate item has already done so. I expect that it will be included at no additional cost.

People who don't have the game at all yet will also be sold a combined pack, so it's likely that they will be seen to be buying both expansions at that time. This covers about everything.

I suppose it is possible that they could directly require the previous expansion pack, but I don't know that this will happen. It can be pretty much guaranteed that there will be no playing the base game and Brave New World without the first expansion if it is not included though. It simply isn't going to be able to operate.

Chances are all of the changes from G&K will be present, and it won't be required nor would it affect the game mechanics to have it. However, the civs added by G&K most likely won't be included in BNW.

One of the articles mentioned that the Gods & Kings features will be incorporated into BNW. However, I'd guess that the civs and scenarios from G&K will not.

So, if I'm getting the last three posts right...

I could buy just BNW and get by but if I buy G&K first then BNW, I'll have all the new mechanics plus all the Civs from G&K available in BNW???

Yes. If you want all the mechanics and all the civs for both G&K and BNW you will need to buy both. Alternatively, if you also want to have the DLC civs as well, you could by the Gold Edition and BNW. The Gold Edition has all the DLC and G&K. Presumably, there will be yet another compilation pack after BNW that will have the DLC, G&K, and BNW which you could hold out for.

Yes. If you want all the mechanics and all the civs for both G&K and BNW you will need to buy both. Alternatively, if you also want to have the DLC civs as well, you could by the Gold Edition and BNW. The Gold Edition has all the DLC and G&K. Presumably, there will be yet another compilation pack after BNW that will have the DLC, G&K, and BNW which you could hold out for.

Thanks, Eagle Pursuit ;)

How much is Gods and Kings now? A few bucks, might as well buy it and play it untill July. Wow at amazon the disc is $24.44. I suppose I will buy all the disks sometime after BNW comes out. Just to have them. There should be a CiV complete at some point with both expansions (including anything else they add). I'll get that when it's cheap, cause I'm cheap. :lol:

Let me get this straight, nokmirt. You went on and on throwing out all sorts of stuff prior to G&K and you never got it?? No wonder you don't post in S&T. Are you doing the same now?

Let me get this straight, nokmirt. You went on and on throwing out all sorts of stuff prior to G&K and you never got it?? No wonder you don't post in S&T. Are you doing the same now?

No, I bought mine from steam. I was saying the OP should buy it and play it until July. I figured it would be cheaper at this point.

As far as me not posting in S&T, you actually are correct. I am not sure why. Maybe I never thought of myself as a very good player. :lol: I will post there and see what kind of feedback I get.

If you only have vanilla, don't bother buying just G&K. Buy the Gold upgrade off Steam. The upgrade is cheaper than G&K by itself ($20 vs $29.99) and includes G&K and all the DLC. Why they haven't adjusted the price of G&K by itself is beyond me (besides the obvious to make more money).
I've had it for some time now, but other people who don't have it, surely should purchase it.

Top Bottom