Always facing the Kryptonite to my UA or UU

Jasher4511

Chieftain
So I decide to play as China and take advantage of the Cho-ko-Nu and start conquering some cities. Of course I get stuck with England as my strongest opponent on my continent whose UU is also an upgrade to the crossbowman, it happens at the same era and so my ability to strike twice is wasted by the Longbowmans ability to fire from an extra tile away at my oncoming Cho-ko-nus.

Then I play as Siam and I am trying to win culturally through the allying of City States and the Bonuses Siam recieves and somehow Greece ends up being the runaway on the other continent whose UA is primarily city state based and he is buying up all the city state allies and its hard to keep the allied city states with Alex's UA.

Granted this kind of stuff is bound to happen with all the civs out there, but it feels like somehow I always end up getting stuck facing a runaway opponent whose UA or UU is the most perfect counter to mine.

While we are on this subject, can you come up with better Kryptonites to a specific strategy than these.

Use the really andvanced setup mod and de-select the civs you don't want to show up :goodjob:

using spies to keep some city states with Siam will fix the problem of alexander stealing the from you. As a result you can use you're unique building. Did you forgot you olso got a unique unit the elephant?

China's great generals can be verry usefull because you can get a lot of them so either use them for citadels to trap the longbowman or use you're stronger crosbows to hit them hard

Top Bottom