Way to offer a resource????

nuschler22

Chieftain
Instead of manually going through each civ to see if they want a resource, is there a way to offer it to everyone to see who wants it?

For example, I have an extra Gold resource I want to sell. Do I have to approach each and every civ, or is there a way to find out who might want it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

No way to offer it up for auction. Only convenient way to review prospective purchasers is to go to the Diplomatic Relations screen to see what the AI civs may have to offer.

One thing to keep in mind, (and this applies to the higher levels, I'm not sure about the lower levels) that for competitive balance purposes, the AI is usually pretty stingy and will only do something if they come out ahead on top. And how much they hate you will either make the price rise, or make them cut off all trade to you whatsoever. Assuming good relations, you can expect to get up to 7 gold for a given luxury resource if they don't have a duplicate (and accepting embassy and open borders are valued at about 1 each). Assuming good relations you can trade resource for resource if they already have a duplicate of it. Strategic resources are a bit more tricky, but assuming good relations you won't get terrible deals of them.

It can get frustrating when you have Neutral or worse relations (which is pretty likely as the game goes on). I guess my advice would be to look at the diplomatic relations tab, and try to trade with your friends first, and only trade neutral or worse as a last resort. Also consider allying with CS's for needed resources.

On the above post,

AI trade values are the same on all difficulty levels.
And it's the AI will pay you more up front than it would if offered an installment plan.
It's actually worse in this regard than it was on G&K. :wallbash:

(In G&K, you could sell a luxury to anybody for 240 gold or 1 GPT + 209 gold, with BNW that 1 GPT option they'll only pay around 206)

Go to war with them and decimate their army. They'll be quite generous when negotiating peace.

The Enhanced UI will show luxuries resources that every AI wants and is willing to give away on your turn right next to their name. But strategic resources require you to open up the diplomatic overview tab. It'll show what every AI has, which at least lets you know which civ's need something, though it doesn't flat out say what they are asking for.

If I have a single luxury I'm looking to offload I'll check with my advisor (the one in the lower left) who will typically tell me someone who wants it if you go through her advice. She seems to only to tell you about one option at a time though so if you have two you are looking to move you need to do one and then go back to find where to sell the other. If you have no spare luxuries she'll recommend a resource trade. This is really helpful when there are a lot of AIs in the game and you don't want to talk to them all.

Top Bottom