Barb paratroopers question

Walter R

Great Engineer
Do barb paratroopers ever actually paradrop? I've never noticed whether they can or not, anyone know?

Don't think so, since drops have to be initiated in your territory, and barbs have no territory. But, as they say, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. There are other examples of situations where barbs get special rules (e.g., barbs spawning when pillaging trade routes, barbs not suffering resource penalties for units that normally need horses, or iron, etc.), so barbs might be able to paradrop from anywhere -- just haven't seen them do it.

Barbarian stealth bombers that have no base and just appear out of thin air to rain hell down upon your civ. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Barb Stealth Bombers? Does that even happen?

Sadly, it does not.

I have seen barb X-Com units (actually rebels, but the same as barbs in terms of game mechanics).

They can if barbarians owned territory in Civ5.

But firaxis made it so that they cannot acquire territory thus barbarian paratroopers will never know the true joy of parachuting in air, firaxis is heartless :(

Not even barbarian encampment count as their territory because it have no borders.

But what if Barbs capture a city? They just raze it to the ground?

But what if Barbs capture a city? They just raze it to the ground?

Unfortunately, nothing of the sorts. They simply demand money from your treasury, and you keep your city. I've been looking for a mod that makes it so barbs can acquire territory like this but I have yet to find one.

Unfortunately, nothing of the sorts. They simply demand money from your treasury, and you keep your city. I've been looking for a mod that makes it so barbs can acquire territory like this but I have yet to find one.

Don't worry m8. There has to be a mod. There has to be.

Top Bottom