Heroes & Warlords Creation Thread

I actually bought HOMM 2 back in the day, but was turned off by the UI. A Civ2 version may be a neat alternative, though. I look forward to seeing it.

Nice renders, crispy clear. I was addicted to HOMM2, back in the day. HOMM3 no so much. You have some HOMM3 units on the side there, right?

Right, there are a few from part III (the strongest ones) and some neutral creatures have been asigned to players. I wanted to have equivalent strong units and omit the upgrades - this would have left me with too few creatures, especially no units that can tackle the black dragon (which used to be paramount in HOMM 2). The only other way would be to stick to the original Homm 2 units (maybe sth. more challenging - the knight for example had no flying units) and make the dragon cost a hell more production shields. But I haven't decided on that yet. However, I think I will erase the Inferno creatures civ and keep only a few as "barbarians".

Here the cities, taken from HOMM 2 and HOMM (the third one).

Looking quite interesting. Will you have a story events based campaign, or will it be more of a vanilla style free for all?

Haven't decided on that yet. Guess I'll skip the settler unit, so there won't be any extra mining, road building irrigation or fortresses in-game. It'll be all about conquering barbarian cities and mines faster than the other players. And of course destroying the other player's mines (with a curse spell). Events will be included, too - for example when finding an artifact (which will enable wonders - but I won't call them wonders anymore. Now it's magic or artifacts). The landscape will look more homogenous than in the picture, which rather looks like a rag rug. Each player will start in his own terrain area (like swamp, ice, grass, desert, etc.).

I think that's the closest I can get to the original game.

Top Bottom