New Unit: King's Life Guard (Feb. 23, 2005)

I believe the Companions of Illian are the only Randland unit left. And since they're a mounted unit, which I have not ventured into yet... sadly, it might remain that way until I come across something I (we) like.

:cough: :cough: Spanish flavored knight/horseman, just in case any other creators happen to come across this. Just think Conquistador minus the dog. :)

I also want to do a Wise One for the Aiel (for those not WoT inclined, just think female mage). Kinboat's been kind enough to furnish a wardrobe for his paperdoll female recently, so nothing's standing in the way... except for maybe my own procrastination. :rolleyes: I must finish up the gnoll gunman for TJedge though, it's been delayed far too long.

After that, I'm sure it'll probably trollocs, then whatever's left for the Seanchan, Atha'an Miere (Sea Folk), and Shara.

Nice :D

(Trolloc bodies are done, but I only have one head almost done)

Once again out of obscurity.

I must give you a word of encouragement as your skills in design have matured and are gaining momentum, thanks to our beloved kinboat!
I especially like your knack for making all your units distinctive but not uniquely tailored for just one role, making them useful for dozens of scenarios.

I was impressed with Muffins' skills when he started and I am glad that the unit designers haven't quit on us yet.

While I'm at it: many thanks to Aaglo, utahjazz, Dom Pedro II, Bebro, Wyrmshadow and w.i.n.t.e.r.
Not forgetting ripptide and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Thanks WS78 (and everyone else). It's nice to be mentioned in the same post as all those other creators as I'm a big fan of their work.

Kinboat said:
(Trolloc bodies are done, but I only have one head almost done)
Sounds great. I'm sure I'll have some fun playing mad scientist, mixing and matching them together. Quick question though, will I be able to use the armor and clothing models you've already posted in your "my poser stuff" thread? I imagine I'd have to enlarge them a bit in order to conform, but I think I recall you saying you were making them buffed up versions of your pdm (and minotaur) model.

GREAT UNIT I wonder what It could be used for aha! Gothic Spearman would do.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Perfect for a Ghulam Soldier - the turks amongst us rejoice :goodjob:

Shouldn't he have a round shield and lamellar armor then?
;)

CamJH said:
I believe the Companions of Illian are the only Randland unit left. And since they're a mounted unit, which I have not ventured into yet... sadly, it might remain that way until I come across something I (we) like.
Have you made some Shienarian heavy cavalry? Or the Queen's Guard of Andor? Or Cahierin cavalry? Defender of the Stone from Tear?

I missed them then.

If I had only know... could've given him a round shield. Ah well.

Steph,
Didn't know you were also a WoT aficionado. :)
We've got units assigned for those that you mentioned. Some good fits... some good enough for now.

Shienaran Lancer (Cavalry)= German Knight by Bebro
- I know Shienarans aren't anything near German by any means, but the knight graphics match up pretty well.

Queens Guard= Huscarl
- The Queens Guard should have a helmet with face bars and carry a spear with red streamers, but this is holding the slot for now.

Cairhienen Vanguard (Cavalry)= Tang Cavalry by Dom Pedro II
- The armor is a bit light, but the "con" on his back works nicely

Defender of the Stone= Swiss Mercenary
- Pretty good fit.

If you want to check out the rest of the unit lines, there's a link in my sig. :)

Not To Nag But How Close Are you to finishing, because your units look awesome and I Have wanted A Wheel Of Time Mod scince I first got Civ3, I want to play this so bad That I am foaming at the mouth, literaly. So sorry to bug you But It is hard to wait.:goodjob:

Top Bottom