Unit Creation Sounds Thread

What do you think about a Sounds thread??

• It could be very useful!!!

Votes: 271 84.7%
  • It's OK

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • I don't like the idea,It can't be useful...

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Bad idea!!

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
16bit mono... that's were I had a problem. For some reason I thought I had looked at a sound and it was 8bit, so that's what I tried. But if it's 16bit then I looked at the wrong wav file. Thanks Pablostuka.

Hey guys,

Anyone have any idea how one might go about extracting the sound files from Sudden Strike? The reason I ask is that there some great Russian and German voice sounds as well as some nice vehicle, explosion and weapon sounds in that game. They aren't .wav files and frankly I'm stumped as to how to get them out for use in Civ III.

Originally posted by Polaris
Hey guys,

Anyone have any idea how one might go about extracting the sound files from Sudden Strike? The reason I ask is that there some great Russian and German voice sounds as well as some nice vehicle, explosion and weapon sounds in that game. They aren't .wav files and frankly I'm stumped as to how to get them out for use in Civ III.

Hi Polaris. I don't have Sudden Strike game, so I can't help you:confused: . But if the sounds aren't in .wav format, maybe it could be an special utility to hear them.For example: Close Combat game hasn't any sound in -wav format, but threr is a little application to hear them, and convert...:rolleyes:
Hope someone can help you
Bye!!
:king:

Hi Pablo,

I think that you are right about the sounds being in some kind of format that would require a special utility to extract them. I've been prowling the Sudden Strike board to see if anyone has created such a program. No luck so far, but if I can find a way to do it, I'll post them.

Cheers.

Hola hermano,

Pablo, I need a big favour:

Can you look if you find some sharp sounding german voices for the Leibstandarte ??? Possibly in the style of (Xcuse) "Sieg Heil"?

Fortify:
1) Something like "Zu Befehl" (a la orden) along with
2) a rifle handling sound and/or a boot clapping sound

Run:
3) heavy boots marching on stone ground

Sería fabuloso si pues encontrar algo así :)

Thank you - gracias !!!

Originally posted by nonnob3

My father-in-law is German and the voices of the Waffen SS and Reiter are his:D !
He speaks German, what I did is just record his voice to the PC, save and convert!!!!;)
If you speak German, well then you have it made! :jump:

U R kidding me :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

It's very TRUE! :yeah:

I keap on telling him that his voice is now all over the world :lol:
( I remember that I got compliment from someone that lives in New Zealand!:cool: )

That's why I really consider this a VERY SPECIAL UNIT ! :D

Hahahahahaha- I'll definitly try that- what programe did u use- and what format does the file have to be ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi, compañero. I've been studying a lot for today's exam. Now it's time to get back the forum:cool: .
For your request:

-I think that nonnob3's idea about recording your own voice is great!I've done something like that in another game, to translate all the voices to Spanish, instead of English :p :p :p !!!The windows sound recorder is very useful!

-I have the rifle sounds for the fortify animation.I'm posting it
:D . But I have one question: Your SS is running or walking?Because I can find some interesting sound of boots from parades, but if the SS is running...I'll still looking for something interesting...:rolleyes:

Here's the rifle sounds zip. There are 3 different sounds, just use what do you prefer;) .

hasta luego!!!

Attachments

• riflefortify.zip
    84.8 KB · Views: 649
Originally posted by Pablostuka
Hi, compañero. I've been studying a lot for today's exam. Now it's time to get back the forum:cool: .
For your request:

-I have the rifle sounds for the fortify animation.I'm posting it
:D . But I have one question: Your SS is running or walking?Because I can find some interesting sound of boots from parades, but if the SS is running...I'll still looking for something interesting...:rolleyes:

Here's the rifle sounds zip. There are 3 different sounds, just use what do you prefer;) .

hasta luego!!!

!!!!!!!!! GRACIAAAAS compañero !!!!!!!!!

me parecen perfectas... y creo que grabaciones de desfile combinarán super bien- ya que estos tios se podían dar el lujo de hacer las cosas como querían, y de forma cool ;)

I totally forgot I'd said I'd post my UFO sounds once I got them working, Sorry. I'll post them now... Sound isn't my best area so if anyone has a better sound please post it.

Attachments

• ufosounds.zip
    260.1 KB · Views: 555
Originally posted by Kinboat
I totally forgot I'd said I'd post my UFO sounds once I got them working, Sorry. I'll post them now... Sound isn't my best area so if anyone has a better sound please post it.

Hey, these sounds are awesome!!!.

To W.i.n.t.e.r: All the sounds I have from parades have music...But what do you think about the default "Barracks.wav" from Civilization 2? Perhaps it could be useful. If not, you can use the InfantryRun.amb from Civilization 3. It's very good:)

Bye!!!!!:king:

I Agree!!!!!!!! I have inserted the UFO unit in my game last night,
gave it A/D/M 35/30/25 (land only)
and cost 30 shields!!! (A very very Special unit should be have a huge cost!:p :D ) And requires Superconductor adavance along with stratigec resources: Uranium,Rubber and Alumin.

:cooool: unit!

I think there should be some new rare ressource for it- i.e. "alien technology" or "alien crashsite" ;)

I Agree!!!!!!!! I have inserted the UFO unit in my game last night,
gave it A/D/M 35/30/25 (land only)
and cost 30 shields!!! (A very very Special unit should be have a huge cost!:p :D ) And requires Superconductor adavance along with stratigec resources: Uranium,Rubber and Alumin.

:cooool: unit!

But I prefer Kinboat's idea about this unit as an advanced barbarian unit. Imagine a raid of UFO's attacking your cities, killing your workers...etc. Cool!!!!!!!:cool:

Originally posted by Pablostuka

Hey, these sounds are awesome!!!.

To W.i.n.t.e.r: All the sounds I have from parades have music...But what do you think about the default "Barracks.wav" from Civilization 2? Perhaps it could be useful. If not, you can use the InfantryRun.amb from Civilization 3. It's very good:)

I also have to agree, whatever the use of it will be ;)

----

Pablo, can u post the parade files anyhow ? Might find some use for them after all...

Oh, and could somebody pleasepost a link where to download the multimedia sound recorder u r using- cuz for some strange reason it is not on my pc (think t never was :confused: )

But would the barbarian unit use the UFO when the Superconductor is dicovered?..........

I don't know if you can control Barbarian advances. But the idea of UFO's in all the historical ages is good. Archers and horsemen fighting against hordes of unknown "Demon's from the skies" looks pretty good. And the same for the modern age. Just my opinion:cool: .
I really like Kinboat's ideas about barbarian units. i'm using his Squid as a sea barbarian unit. My Galleys are attacked by.. SEA MONSTERS!!!!:crazyeye:
bye!!!!!!:king:

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r

I also have to agree, whatever the use of it will be ;)

----

Pablo, can u post the parade files anyhow ? Might find some use for them after all...

Oh, and could somebody pleasepost a link where to download the multimedia sound recorder u r using- cuz for some strange reason it is not on my pc (think t never was :confused: )

Ok, I'll look for them. i hope I have them in a CD...:p . And it's very strange you don't have the Wondows sound recorder. it's in the program files/accesories(or something like that)/multimedia/Sound recorder. In the Spanish version of windows it is called "grabadora de sonidos".
if I find the CD now, I'll post the sounds. if not, wait until tomorrow...;).

Pablostuka,
can you tell where did you post your "actung" german voice, I cannot find it.
i know I saw it somewhere in this forum....
I have to delay to post the Waffen fortify til I get this wav file...

Thanks

nonnob3

Here U are...

Top Bottom