Ideas for Total War games after Empire.

A common misconception is that WWI took place exclusively in the muddy trenches of Western Europe. In truth, it was fought in Africa, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and other places in campaigns that were much more mobile.

That said, a Total War game set in modern times would probably not work due to reasons stated by others in this thread.

I would like to see the MTW "Factions can return even after they were destroyed" thing back in a TW game.

Perhaps a Government in Exile type of thing added?

Say England is overrun by France forcing the Royal Family to her colonial holdings, and when say... their ally, Spain retakes the British isles they then allow the British Monarch to re assume his/her throne.

I'd like Rome II Total War - It Rome is outdated and needs a bit of improving...
Although perhaps less Rome-focused this time. Last time, the whole thing was too heavily weighted towards the Roman factions las time, meaning that the other factions, particularly "barbarians",often felt a bit underworked by comparison, especially given the limited rooster and heavy use of cloned units for the supposedly non-playable factions. I, for one, would happilly have given up some of the bulging Roman rooster in exchange for a more properly fleshed-out Thrace.

There would be no excuse to cut the Roman Roster. In fact, I don't want CA to make Rome 2 at all, they should hand over its developmental to someone who can do a proper job, like the Europa Barbarorum team.

If they could produce games solo they would.

They are great modders, but creating the source code is a whole different animal.

..... I think so anyway, I could be wrong.

If they could produce games solo they would.

They are great modders, but creating the source code is a whole different animal.

..... I think so anyway, I could be wrong.

If creative assembly really loved us, it would release the source code of a Total War game :(

:lol:

It would cut down on their future sales so much if they released the source code for Rome.

Though, I've got to say - in 10 years if all we have is updated graphics (*I.E. 2,000 VS 2,000 is as large as it can get before crashing usually) Then I think someone will come up with a game with similar graphics (similar to Rome 1) and the animations, that way we can have more realistic battles of 10K VS 10K every now and again.

* When medieval 2 came out me and my friends would have a lan party and play all night. A friend of mine had(has) a computer that cost him 4K to build at the time. The best of everything for a home PC really.

He hosted the lan off of that computer - 7 VS 1 - 20 units each. It came out to about 15K troops 13K invading a fully maxed out citadel and him defending with 2K troops. It was going to be epic ........ it always crashed the minute the main gate fell. :(

I can imagine that in 20 years we will be able to run a game with that level of graphics and play 100,000 VS 100,000 :mwaha:

It will be awesome.

:lol:

It would cut down on their future sales so much if they released the source code for Rome.

Though, I've got to say - in 10 years if all we have is updated graphics (*I.E. 2,000 VS 2,000 is as large as it can get before crashing usually) Then I think someone will come up with a game with similar graphics (similar to Rome 1) and the animations, that way we can have more realistic battles of 10K VS 10K every now and again.

* When medieval 2 came out me and my friends would have a lan party and play all night. A friend of mine had(has) a computer that cost him 4K to build at the time. The best of everything for a home PC really.

He hosted the lan off of that computer - 7 VS 1 - 20 units each. It came out to about 15K troops 13K invading a fully maxed out citadel and him defending with 2K troops. It was going to be epic ........ it always crashed the minute the main gate fell. :(

I can imagine that in 20 years we will be able to run a game with that level of graphics and play 100,000 VS 100,000 :mwaha:

It will be awesome.

Well yea, but my post is about love, not profit :(

Anyway, Total War is the type of game that can take all the graphics power it can get.

Hell, I still can't play Rome Total War properly maxed out with max amount of units without it chugging along, on a core i7 gtx 285 and 6 gigs of ram.

I'd rather have Rome-y graphics with 40,000 on each side, than Empire-y graphics with just 1,500 on each side.

That's just me though.

I'd rather have Rome-y graphics with 40,000 on each side, than Empire-y graphics with just 1,500 on each side.

That's just me though.

Totally agree.

Problem is, I don't know anyone who has had 80,000 in a battle.

I don't understand your question. Even in the Roman era, you don't have to look further than the Cimbrian War to find battles with well over 80,000 soldiers.

I don't understand your question. Even in the Roman era, you don't have to look further than the Cimbrian War to find battles with well over 80,000 soldiers.

... I meant in the game, not in real life.

... I meant in the game, not in real life.

Oh, well that's because unit sizes are so small. Each infantry card should be 6,000 soldiers rather than 160 or what have you.

What about a Total War that covers all of human history? It would be amazing to go from guys with clubs all the way to modern soldiers and maybe even beyond.

An infantry card should be in my mind one company - an assault on a settlement would involve maybe a battalion, which is 3 companies - that means 100 men per card.

Top Bottom