Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

I thought it had always been that way. I seem to remember long turn times even in base Civ.

I use the time to plan strategies, think about moves, etc And learn some patience.

My turns in Base Civ 4 are almost always measured in 2 to 4 seconds. :)
Not up to 15 like in this mod. OH well.

Oh, speaking of bugs, The dragon Archon appeared at turn 127 instead of 200+ that he's supposed to spawn at.

Acheron doesn't have a "turn to appear on" he is built by the Barbarians, pretty much as soon as they have a city. He costs 25 :hammers: to build, so worst case scenario (barbarian city in desert or tundra with only the 1 :hammers: from the city center) if they hold the city for 25 turns they get Acheron.

I don't see the bug there. :confused:

As for bugs, is anyone else having a slowdown after awhile of playing this? The game gets much slower the longer it goes. Turns are taking about 15 seconds, and it's rather longer than it should be.

On small (erebus_continents) maps I never encountered that, until I moved to prince difficulty level. then it was really slow. I went to world builder and found MANY stacks of 50+ units. I deleted them and it wasn't slow anymore.

Now I edited the Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml to give every unit that has no national limit, a new national limit of 6 units. warriors get 8, scouts get 3, and adepts get 8.

this helps. And the good thing is, that the AI (on monarch) is still able to build huge stacks, this time with skeletons, catapults, axeman, archers, etc. so it is not crippled, especially because me too has the limit of 6. heroes are much more of an impact, also the civilization heroes are now good for something.

furthermore the AI won't be crippled regarding it's economy. for me that's a good thing, because it focusses more on the units you have and it gives you a reason, to build warriors even late in the game. another good thing is the need to move the troops to the front lines. no more 50 axeman in the capital.

the Sheaeim really were nasty. and the D'Tesh killed my whole army with Assasins (first time I've ever built Lugus Gift).

btw. are the Mercurians broken only in FF+ or also in FF? If Basium arrives, there is no problem, but with the other Leaders they die instantly. I wasn't able to unmod them.

Acheron doesn't have a "turn to appear on" he is built by the Barbarians, pretty much as soon as they have a city. He costs 25 :hammers: to build, so worst case scenario (barbarian city in desert or tundra with only the 1 :hammers: from the city center) if they hold the city for 25 turns they get Acheron.
I play with the barbarian world... they have him by turn 4-5 typically.

Well, your both fired. :) You're fired, Breez, for playing on Barbarian world, and Xien, you're fired for thinking it's normal for that dragon to spawn before anyone can hurt it. :)

It doesn't move, and it won't attack you, so it spawning that early doesn't really make much of a difference. Just think of it as something to work towards being able to finally kill. :p

It can make a big difference sometimes, just not all that often. I remember one game where the barbarian city that built Acheron was blocking the only way out of the ~20 tile peak-surrounded valley where I started. I was completely isolated from the rest of the world until Charadon's scouts passed though Acheron's city. We traded a couple techs, but my isolation meant I was the weakest player in the game and thus he soon declared war on me. I couldn't really counter attack, or even contact another civ to try to get help. I think I won that game though, after getting a couple Beastmasters and a couple dozen great people though Worldbuilder.

I think I won that game though, after getting a couple Beastmasters and a couple dozen great people though Worldbuilder.

:rolleyes: :mischief:

I wonder if it'd actually be possible to make a big enough army of warriors to overwhelm him with numbers. Probably not, due to the first strikes. Although, perhaps archers, then ?

Playing .51 as Dural, and for some reason at turn 298, my interface disappears. I don't know if it's a problem with the adaptive trait (it prompts a trait change immediately afterwards although I didn't change my trait) or if it's a problem with my tactitian being around all of its units or what, but it makes this a bit difficult to progress further. Any ideas?

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0297.CivBeyondSwordSave
    304.5 KB · Views: 210
Bug with Dural, caused by one of their statues giving GPP toward Tacticians and having Tacticians instead of Commanders. You can remove the UU (bad choice), remove the GPP from the Statue (next patch will do that), or alter Assets/Python/Utils/GPUtil.py so that UNIT_COMMANDER instead refers to the Tactician.

Issue in Multiplayer mode. Unable to build cities goes immediately to settlements. Issue not apparent in stand alone game only multiplayer.

This is NOT a bug.

In short: Due to multiplayer issues with prompts, either ALL kuriotate cities must be true cities (meaning only your first few settled cities are valid, all others are settlements, no choice in which cities are useful or not) or ALL kuriotate cities must be settlements.

FfH uses the first method. FF uses the second. All you have to do is move a unit into the city and use the "promote settlement" spell, and it will become a true city. Far better system than the other, as this one allows you to decide when to deploy your valuable cities while allowing you to place settlements in the meantime.

Top Bottom