First culture flip! A little confused

The other player was doing poorly and their city wanted to join your better ideology, nothing strange about it.

I had a tourism-heavy game and when I finally flipped a city, it didn't go to me-- it went to Netherlands, who just 1 turn earlier had adopted my ideology... I even had a closer city than they did. I don't know why it went to them.

I had a tourism-heavy game and when I finally flipped a city, it didn't go to me-- it went to Netherlands, who just 1 turn earlier had adopted my ideology... I even had a closer city than they did. I don't know why it went to them.

The distance modifier is based on one's capital, not just any city, as far as I know. Also, perhaps the Dutch were more culturally influential than you? The fact that they only recently adopted Freedom doesn't really make a difference, I think.

I wish Civilopedia wasn't a piece of junk right now, so we wouldn't have to guess...

how to calculate the city flipping progress? i dont really understand, how much tourism you must have

I flipped another civ's puppet from a different continent. They weren't even in Revolutionary Wave. They had -19 happiness from Public Opinion. It was a third civ's capital that had been captured earlier, so I liberated it.

What I find odd is that the city is in rebellion for several rounds after flipping.
...makes a big city a quite mixed blessing, tbh. :mischief:

Top Bottom