Resurrecting the Aifons - a sea-dwelling civ for FF

i agree with Arctic Circle. im also very interested in helping out with making Aifons (once ive finished uni that is) but unless Vehem decides to do something with Aifons then this should be moved to modsmodmods :p

Well. Just so you know, if there ever is a team set together to make the Aifons, I am interested. However unless Vehem likes the idea, I think the thread belongs with the modmodmod packages threads.

i agree with Arctic Circle. im also very interested in helping out with making Aifons (once ive finished uni that is) but unless Vehem decides to do something with Aifons then this should be moved to modsmodmods :p

Not something I'm looking at for the moment - but I have been following the thread and like a lot of the discussion/ideas. Content-wise I'm basically looking at a Dural-Redux and the "Cold-Elves" for the foreseeable future. If people do want to see an Aifon civ however, I'd strongly encourage giving it a go. We'll be happy to help out with any problems as best we can.

Not something I'm looking at for the moment - but I have been following the thread and like a lot of the discussion/ideas. Content-wise I'm basically looking at a Dural-Redux and the "Cold-Elves" for the foreseeable future. If people do want to see an Aifon civ however, I'd strongly encourage giving it a go. We'll be happy to help out with any problems as best we can.

Well I would think the Aifons would go well with the coding you did in FF for the Lizards since a consequence of wanting warm and wet would be more swamps & marshes.

In regard to 'Cold Elves' what exactly is the break out with the elves? Are the Svartalfar simply evil wood elves? As I said before, I always thought the pic of Faeyl made her look like she was underwater. Plus the 'historic' paring of them with illusions always made me think of water since any reflected image from water is always a 'bad copy' - Then again, Hannah the Irin always looked Elvish to me...and Luann looks like a typical anime she? he? :lol:

Again, if the Aifon get done, I vote again for some way to lower/raise terrain like the SMAC formers!

awsome an iprovement to the Dural is definately needed and ive been wondering when you plan on implementing your Cold Elves :D (I LOVE ELVES OMFG! :p )

Base Civ is any Civ that ever existed. Could be interesting to do the same for FfH, but then people would want Patria brought in as well eventually....

why not? :p

I think that's up to the OP. Well...OP?

well gekko (and everyone else), how about which ideas do you like the most, regardless of if it can be implemented or not? it is fairly easy to find compramises and work arounds for ideas that dont work.

Damn, I'd like to help but I jus got a new job. So, I'll be too busy. This makes me sad. :(

Yeah, if I do and you guys haven't finished.

Well before asking people to vote on their favorate ideas for the Aifons, it'd be nice if someone compiled all (or most) of the ideas in this thread and put them into one easily readable post. My vote's for Xienwolf doing this because all of his long posts are nice and pretty :D

I guess the cold elves would be those who didn't just switch to worshiping Esus, but switched to Mulcarn. There were a few elves frozen in Mulcarn's palace on the Mountain Mulyr along with the men and giants. This may not seem to likely because of elves weakness to the cold and their closeness to Muclarn's enemy Sucellus, but elven longevity does lend itself to the sloth and nostalgia representative of the ice sphere. It seems like these would have just joined the Ilians though, imho.

If I were adding another Elven civ though I'd probably start with the Once-Elves. I imagine that Haerlond is still looking for vengeance against Varn, Auric, and perhaps the Sidar that now have the Books of Laroth.

Top Bottom