About the issue of "Out of Sync" (OSS)?

Colfanatic

Chieftain
I played a multiplayer game across LAN with one of my relatives .. but unfortunately like every 10 turns the game displays red text "Out of Sync" one has to reconnect.

Can anyone give me insight why this message frequently appears? How to make this issue disappear .. or is it a bug? Does it have to do with the Mods we use? etc etc

Thanks

Playing Multiplayer via the Internet with a friend, we have been able to isolate a couple of specific things that cause the OOS to occur. It may be related to the MOD we play, or maybe the game - no idea really.

One of them is stripping a colonists specialty from inside the village screen.

See if you can figure out if there's a way to replicate the error when you get it. (ie.. What did you click or do right before you got the OOS?)

It's a bug. It's often caused by mods (I.e. mods using python components).
So first of all you should try a 'clean' game - without any mods - it might help a little bit. If the mod was the cause... Report it to the authors and well... maybe skip it untill it's fixed...

Overall, there is not much you can do your self, other than report it and hope for a patch (of the mod or the game - depending on what actually does it...).

Mods concerning Art / XML only should be completely safe.

Also , you are right, there are specifc 'triggers' - actions causing the OOS.
These are tricky to catch however, as the OOS might become apparent some time after it was actually caused... However, if you know some action is causing the issue - avoid / circumvent that action - if possible.

played with a friend yesterdya for hours, whenever I buy something from europe, it gave OOS problem.

was playing Age of Discovery 2 btw.

played with a friend yesterdya for hours, whenever I buy something from europe, it gave OOS problem.

was playing Age of Discovery 2 btw.

There is a bug that's related to sailing either to the west or east coast in AOD. I reported it to Dale, but he hasn't fixed it yet.

Until then, this can be avoided by not trading maps, and being very careful not to sail to the west coast if you should happen to find the pacific ocean.

Top Bottom