Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

xienwolf

Deity
Please post any bugs you encounter with as much detail about how it happened and possibly even a savegame. I'll fix what I can when I can :)

If you are experienceing issues with Memory Allocation Failures (MAFs), please attempt to follow the directions in this thread to optimize your computer to run Civ.

For OOS related issues, please read this post: OOS Logger. Then include the OOS log file from each computer as an attachment so we can figure out what caused the issue. Also please enable logging in your .ini and utilize the Random Logger MP option to assist further in OOS tracking/locating.

Changes slotted for next release

Reported Bugs not solved

1. Buildcosts do not properly scale for Forests on the tile and ability to clear forests manually (can be cheaper to build an improvement and thus clear a forest than to just clear the forest directly)
  2. Victory Options (Primarily Religion) will not properly exclude each other after returning from playing a base FfH game
  3. HOME and END keys to cycle cities cause the game to crash
  4. Defensive Withdrawal units are retreating from their own cities (need to only retreat from OTHER player's cities)
  5. "Hunter Sells His Catch" and "Hungry Hillgiant" events are not allowing you to select to gain the units
  6. Units with Forest Stealth who try to capture a city while moving in from a forest tile aren't capable of capturing the city (due to being invisible)

Reported Bugs needing verification/repeatable saves

Cosmetic Issues

1. Floodplains can exist on Ice (Illian terraforming and whatnot)
  2. No text given when Dierdra declared war
  3. Ghostwalkers "stick" after moving across Haunted Lands
  4. Missing Graphic for Swift Boots
  5. Numerous pedia issues

Base Code Issues to figure out

1. Cannot view enemy Defensive Strike chances/Damages
  2. Turn Time is pretty darn slow

Updated through Post 360

I am playing Falamar of the Lanun and I have researched Festivals but I cannot build Carnivals in any of my cities.

Got a problem with the way automated explorers seek out Lairs... Certain units (Pelemoc, presumably other Scion Councilors) are unable to explore, but still stop on top of the lair... not a large issue, but rather annoying.

Edit: Actually, it is a large issue... If you re-automate them, they will move away only to return to the lair next turn.

I am playing Falamar of the Lanun and I have researched Festivals but I cannot build Carnivals in any of my cities.

That sounds like a feature to me; Carnivals now require the Masquerade guild.

I encountered two problems my first game (Play Now, Clan of Embers, Duel)
1 - My only opponents, the Sidar, were defeated on turn 7 (I don't know why) but I didn't win a conquest victory until turn 12.
2 - During that interval, I found the Guardians of Pristin Pass, but gargoyles did not spawn. I made sure I was next to it.

Also, my first two goblins were killed by giant spiders as soon as they left my cultural borders. Is this to be expected with the new barbarian design or was I just really unlucky?

After that I went to custom games, and I've experienced a crash on roughly half of the times I've tried to start. What's unusual is that, unlike ever other start-game crash I've ever experienced, these happen after the point where the game saves what settings I chose. That makes them much less of an annoyance.

Well that kind of sucks. I already thought it was a bit much requiring the carnival be built before being able to build animal cages. All the animals are usually dead by then. This just makes it that much more difficult.

On another note. The sea monsters seem to be a bit too plentiful. I just flew a parrot over some new terrain and I could walk from sea monster to sea monster all the way to the next island. (If I could walk on sea monsters that is.)

I encountered two problems my first game (Play Now, Clan of Embers, Duel)
1 - My only opponents, the Sidar, were defeated on turn 7 (I don't know why) but I didn't win a conquest victory until turn 12.
2 - During that interval, I found the Guardians of Pristin Pass, but gargoyles did not spawn. I made sure I was next to it.

Also, my first two goblins were killed by giant spiders as soon as they left my cultural borders. Is this to be expected with the new barbarian design or was I just really unlucky?

After that I went to custom games, and I've experienced a crash on roughly half of the times I've tried to start. What's unusual is that, unlike ever other start-game crash I've ever experienced, these happen after the point where the game saves what settings I chose. That makes them much less of an annoyance.

Pristinus Pass won't spawn the gargoyles until turn 20. You were just unlucky with the spiders. And the civ probably ate it by popping a bad result from a lair. The small delay in victory was because you cannot win a victory in the super-early turns, so it had to wait till you were allowed to win.

Crashes when starting a new game after having left a previous one MIGHT be somewhat common. I know I got them quite a lot, but I was working with broken source-code half of the time and my system is quite out of date to begin with, so I held out hope it was primarily just my system causing it. There is a chance that the game does not properly clear the data for the 2 new Barbarian civilizations though, if that is the case then a full program exit might be required in certain situations (which a crash accomplishes quite tidily, if annoyingly, for you)

And the saved gameoptions is hopefully something we can maintain. I shifted things around so that all of our options are listed at the start of the list of possible options, and placed a large chunk of "dummy options" just incase someone comes from playing a mod which has more options than we do. Unfortunately I didn't remember to verify that these dummy options provide a buffer large enough to cover all possible options set by Scenarios, so playing FF immediately after playing a scenario may still cause issues.

Well that kind of sucks. I already thought it was a bit much requiring the carnival be built before being able to build animal cages. All the animals are usually dead by then. This just makes it that much more difficult.

On another note. The sea monsters seem to be a bit too plentiful. I just flew a parrot over some new terrain and I could walk from sea monster to sea monster all the way to the next island. (If I could walk on sea monsters that is.)

All animals are NEVER dead in Fall Further. They spawn for the entire game. And many of the animals from the first turn will wind up surviving till the end of the game because they aren't found before they get too strong for any units to handle TILL the end of the game.

Ummm. Hostile villagers... with a scout. An adventurer scout even. I don't think this is supposed to be happening XD

Screenshot:

Edit: also... are bears SUPPOSED to START strength 6? They were already bad enough at strength 5...

Actually, I have the distinct impression that animals now gain strength over time.. Just had a hunter slaughtered by a str 8 bear.. :eek:
Yeah, thats normal(now anyway). But this was an age 1 bear. Whom just spawned.

I can also doubly confirm, roads take pre-exploration time to build outside your own teritory, even after exploration. Infact it only takes 4 turns in my teritory, and like... 30 out. Well. Trails. Im mazatl. but still.

Ummm O.O Is this supposed to happen?

Poped a dungeon. Awoke restless spirits.... (scout was imbetween the 3 specters...)

Thats right, one of the specters spawned under MY control O.o

When trying to get a look on all the units ingame, I realized that I can't open the worldbuilder anymore ?
Is this a bug or a feature ? (Or perhaps I disabled some gameoption w/o knowing?)

On another note: The gameoptions of the last game don't get saved aynmore.

3rd: The tooltip for Hunting shows: "Leads to TXT_KEY_TECH_TRACKING"
(Actually it reads the same in the F6-screen, too)

4th: Exploring a lair did not stop my Scout - thus I could explore and move away from the barbarian units it spawned.
Not sure if that's intended in FF or not, though. (just remember that units should get stopped in ffh2)

Religious, Quick Religious and Lightning Religious Victory Conditions don't seem to be mutually exclusive.

When trying to get a look on all the units ingame, I realized that I can't open the worldbuilder anymore ?
Is this a bug or a feature ?

Bug.

On another note: The gameoptions of the last game don't get saved aynmore.

Feature, to help avoid bugs. (I liked it, though.)

Oh, and: Sacrifice the Weak claims to lower food consumption per citizen to 0.01 food. :crazyeye:

Which is VERY BAD! And thats very bad because of 2 things:

1st - Why should I try to hunt animals then?
This makes Animals to be just a source of XP instead of being an interesting prey for a great game mechanic.

2nd - Carnivals are your first building against unhappyness. Removing it is no fine Idea.

Repost from the other bug thread:

My first .50 FF game is with Doviello/Mahala. Huge Fantasy Realm map, 11 civs, Prince difficulty.

I don't see a balance thread yet - some of these might be shifted over there.

1. As noted, my Scout was killed on his second goody hut from a hostile reaction.

2. 2nd Scout was mutated THREE times on 3 lairs. Well, actually only the first worked, but this gets back to the lair repetition issue.

3. As noted, GPs seem a dime a dozen. I did get a Great Commander myself from a lair, but there have been many in the first 50 turns. Cassiel had two Adventurers by Turn 31.

4. From one lair, out popped a Gargoyle for me and one for the barbs. I thought this might be a balance issue getting a powerful unit like this in the early going, but Lucian popped a Lich for me a short time after. This is a game-turner, folks, before turn 100. I am mowing civs down like crazy.

5. I selected the No Hell Terrain option, but while exploring, around turn 200 I ran into a bunch of it. Some even had Penguins on it. I think the culprit might be the Archos who also seem to have gotten lucky with a Lich although I didn't know one could create hell terrain. At any rate, no use in having that option for no hell terrain if it can be overridden.

5. Starting turn 275 I started getting Memory Allocation Failures. I got these in FFH, but much later when the huge map is full. I exit, reload, play another dozen turns, then get another. I'm not looking forward to playing much longer if this continues.

re: Bradeline's Wells

I started a few different games with the Elohim (different map sizes, but always with all unique features option on) and saw at least two BWs in each map, sometimes three; one giving entropy mana, and the others spirit.

Also, their dawn of man screen still mentions the tolerant trait, which seems to be changed from FFH.

played a game with the cualli on a fractal map, flavorstart, broader alignment, raging barbarians.
i think there is something wrong with the deep jungle creation. if i remember it right they're supposed to turn all jungles into deep jungles instantly, or at least pretty fast. in my game it just seemed to stop at some point. there are around 7 jungles left in my main city since atleast 100 turns and none of the jungles in my second city have changed, which seriously hinders its growth.
am i missing something?
i know that wetlands spread faster if there around rivers but i thought deep jungles had no requirements.

I also lost two units who were around lvl 7 in a lair through the "does not return" event. i thought that wasn't possible anymore if the unit was leveled?

Top Bottom