Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

Is there something hidden from the civilopedia about the College of Theology? It says "cannot be built by any civilization". I fixed that in the XML, but I noticed that the various schools had a comment about "must appear after College of Theology in the XML" and also couldn't be built by any civilization. Bug, or is there some secret to getting it to work?

Some more minor quibbles:
-The Master Outfitter requires Hunting, but can't be built until you have a Hunter's Hall at Tracking.
-Ogre Warchiefs still claim to be Immortals in their descriptive text
-Anubites text talks about a high withdrawal chance when they have none (and doesn't mention their collateral damage)

Fixed in Patch A (Unreleased), It is an issue with the Dural having a Unique Unit for a Great person and the bar that shows what GP will be born next at the top of the screen. Unfortunately unless you are comfortable with editing some python files for yourself the only fix is not to use Dural until after the patch.
I stopped it from happening with just XML by making the Statue (I think it was Courage?) produce Great Engineer points instead.

The Moroi Burning Blood tooltip has a missing text key.

Bitwise: What is happening is that you are running into the "hidden" requirement of any religious victory

There must be twice as many non-Barbarian cities in the world as there are players
You must own the Holy City
The World Percent must be above the threshold value

Oddly enough, you don't have to actually follow the religion, nor does anyone else. I always thought that it was required that at least 2 other people follow the religion, you follow it, and you own the Holy City, possibly with the shrine. But it is just those 3 items listed above.

Derail: What happens if a religion whose holy was razed gets to 80%?

Playing as Svartalfar/Epic speed - my workers seem to take extremely long to improve tiles.
(Not meaning the fact that they just have 80% workrate - it's just that even after researching the right techs they still need 49 turns on Epic to build a cottage in Ancient forest and 20 turns to build one in normal forest)
I guess the increase in building times in AF might be intended, but 20/49 turns for an improvement ? Thats 8 times the time that a normal worker needs for a cottage. (or 6 times an elven worker would need on a non-AF-tile)

Guess what I have a screenie of?

Stupid AI Worker tricks, of course!
Spoiler :

1) The AI workers are replacing a productive Ancient Forest Lumbermill with a Fort. Both of the circled ones are, actually.
2) The AI workers are deep in neutral territory and not bolting.
3) The AI workers have decided to build a fort directly above a city, providing the Archos with a nice spot to jump into the city from...
4) All this without the tech required to build forts without taking eight thousand years.

....I still maintain the AI doesn't need the ability to make a fort.

Just of cosmetical nature:
When building Alazkan the Assassin you get a pop-up with a short story about that hero (like those you get for Great People, too).
In that text there are still 2 "tab"-commands which can be read.

I am trying to fix this issue as well, but am a totally lost.

You want to try the fix but don't know how?

Look for the file CvSpellInterface.py in
(BTS install folder)\Mods\Fall Further 051\Assets\python\entrypoints

All you need to open the file is a text editor.

Go to line 484 or Search for some of the text.

You'll find

Spoiler :

Code:
	if pPlot.getFeatureType() != iHauntedLands:
		pCaster.setHasPromotion(iHaunted, False)
		pCaster.setHasPromotion(iUnwholesomeAddiction, False)
		pCaster.setHasPromotion(iSpooked, False)

Change it to:

Spoiler :

Code:
	if pPlot.getFeatureType() != iHauntedLands:
		if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iHaunted):
			pCaster.setHasPromotion(iHaunted, False)
		if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iUnwholesomeAddiction):
			pCaster.setHasPromotion(iUnwholesomeAddiction, False)
		if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iSpooked):
			pCaster.setHasPromotion(iSpooked, False)

The indents (tabs) matter.

xienwolf located the changed portion of the .dll that's behind the bug and has a fix, btw, so the above is more a temporary work-around than a needed fix.

Playing as Svartalfar/Epic speed - my workers seem to take extremely long to improve tiles.
(Not meaning the fact that they just have 80% workrate - it's just that even after researching the right techs they still need 49 turns on Epic to build a cottage in Ancient forest and 20 turns to build one in normal forest)
I guess the increase in building times in AF might be intended, but 20/49 turns for an improvement ? Thats 8 times the time that a normal worker needs for a cottage. (or 6 times an elven worker would need on a non-AF-tile)

Read the tech very carefully. For example, you may notice on exploration there is a line that says, "Build roads 75% faster". Other techs such as mining, etc. have the same type of thing for a subsequent improvement.

... /broken record time

When can we expect Patch A? I want to play scions, but I want to play online with a friend of mine so I wanna know if it's worth my effort to make a patch for us to play.

... For some reason, my financial advisor is saying I'm paying away supply costs for 86 units. (cost of 43 gold, free supply for 4) ... I don't even HAVE 86 units, let alone 86 away units.

If you are playing the Scions, you may notice several of their units have promotions such as "Formation" or "Heavy Formation", etc. These promotions cost you gold. It's one way I think to allow for balance.

If you're not playing the Scions, well, you have a bug.

xienwolf located the changed portion of the .dll that's behind the bug and has a fix, btw, so the above is more a temporary work-around than a needed fix.

The temp fix worked for me. :goodjob:

If you have the bird scout all the way east, this game crashes (so probably some graphics glitch).

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
If you have the bird scout all the way east, this game crashes (so probably some graphics glitch).

Do you have the Scions in that game (meebe over there?)

I stopped it from happening with just XML by making the Statue (I think it was Courage?) produce Great Engineer points instead.

The python fix helps a game already in progress. There are numerous approaches to XML solutions for the issue until we patch.

First of all, thank you for the awesome mod!

A bug I encountered yesterday. It was the beginning stages of the game and my original warrior that I sent scouting found the Ring of Carceri. In the vicinity was also a Svartalfar Scout. There was also something else there, which caused my Warrior to "get lost" and wander blind (I believe this was a Diakonos and I received a message that I had killed such a thing sometime during the wanderings).

On turn 97 (Epic speed) I got a message that the Svartalfar had freed Brigit. They most certainly didn't have a level 15 unit at that time and they were also Evil (I'm not sure whether you need to be non-Evil to free Brigit, but I seem to recall something like that). So I think that the blind wandering can lead you into the Ring of Carceri. It might be that you need to "wake up" from the blindness inside the Ring to free Brigit, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, when I got my first Axeman, Svartalfar declared war on me and there was nothing that I could do against Brigit, so that was game over right there.

Thanks, that confirms pretty solidly that there is a Daikonos-Brigit combination issue at work. Will have to evaluate things there (I think they have a PUSH type of spell effect, so that could be tossing units into the square without a check for being ALLOWED in the square)

Thanks, that confirms pretty solidly that there is a Daikonos-Brigit combination issue at work. Will have to evaluate things there (I think they have a PUSH type of spell effect, so that could be tossing units into the square without a check for being ALLOWED in the square)

...That pretty much explains it indeed... Do you think it could be also related to ger strange resurrection behavior? I have noticede no such problems by giving the Immortal promotion via WB to other units....

Bringing an issue over from the "it might be a bug" thread regarding equipment:

If an equipment treasure chest is within cultural borders, and a unit is standing it that belongs to a different civ than the one that dropped the equipment, the chest is deleted the next turn (it either happens after the part of the turn when culture expands, or culture expansion is yet another trigger for the disappearance). It is also deleted immediately if the owner of the territory signs an Open Borders agreement.
The ownership of the territory, equipment, and standing unit do not matter, so long as they are not all the same - even if it's your territory and your equipment, someone else standing on it makes it go away.
This does not happen in neutral territory.

Top Bottom