Voting open in the Civ5 Icon competition

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
We have had 91 entries in the Civ5 icon art competition, and the voting for the best is now open. Given the large amount of entries, we've split this into 4 groups. People may vote for their favorite icon in each group, and after one week, the top 5 in each group will go through to a final.

So go and vote for the icon that you like best, and the winner will be adopted as the Civilization Fanatics Center Civ 5 "official" icon!

Group 1a
Group 1b
Group 1c
Group 1d

Lots of variations on the "Big V" theme, but none of the color schemes really appeal.

I do hope that the final winner has enough distinction from the Civ IV icon ([civ4]).

It is quite funny that only ONE icon of the 91 actually has the number "5" in it.

While the V's kill each other, I think the 5 will win.

I do hope that the final winner has enough distinction from the Civ IV icon ([civ4]).

That's the thing. Currently both Civ1 and Civ4 are using the letters CIV. Do we really want another one? Currently the leaders on all polls are using CIV.

I'd like the icon to pick up the offical artwork. so I had a glimpse at the Civ5 website.

there is at least one good rendition of the "V" behind the "CIV". That's my favourite one. on #2 in the group poll, though.

These forums already have [civ1] for Civilization and [civ4] for Civilization 4. No matter how bold or different colour the "V" in "CIV" is, it's mediocre and does not distinguish itself from these two.

Without the game being released and no idea on the game's font styles, colour scheme and shortcut art, this contest is dumb and too early.

Top Bottom