Webshops for Civilization V - List by country

Ive never preordered before so I had a question. Sorry Mercade for asking in your thread, but since its a simple question and about prorders I hope you wont mind.

Say I preorder from amazon, do they ship the game so I get it by release day? Or do they ship on release day? Thanks

I preordered from amazon, and still don't have the game. They ship by USPS, which is a tremendous mistake I guess.

I live in a large city too, so it isn't that kind of issue.

Here's another store that offers Civ V, though you can't order via their site:

The Philippines:
Datablitz - PHP 1795 or Special Edition - PHP 3495
Datablitz Regular Edition includes a free map pack among three bonus map packs: Cradle of Civilization: Asia, Americas and Mediterranean (you can get the other two map packs by paying an additional fee); Datablitz Special Edition includes all three map packs for free

Does anyone know how I can get civ5 in India. Getting it shipped from Amazon turns out to be very expensive when you include shipping rates and taxes.

Can I use one of the direct download site to download from a different country?

Thanks for your help.

Does anyone know how I can get civ5 in India. Getting it shipped from Amazon turns out to be very expensive when you include shipping rates and taxes.

Can I use one of the direct download site to download from a different country?

Thanks for your help.
Depending on where in India you are, you might be able to find a local gaming shop that carries the game. Otherwise, for international download, Steam should be available everywhere.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/50100/?cc=in
A cheaper international download should be on game.co.uk for GBP 29.99
http://www.game.co.uk/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-V/~r351597/?s=civilization
You could check some UK shops, like play.com or game.co.uk if they have international shipping at reasonable rates.

Thanks. I live in Pune and I tried a couple of the Best Buy kind of store, but they didn't have it. I'll try to find a gaming store. If I don't find any I'll try the download. I prefer to get the hard copy though.

For Australians, another ebaystore-turned-independent-webshop has a new website, and are offering civ5 in their catalogue.

Dungeoncrawl.com.au - AUD 59.90 + 8.90 standard shipping (2-7 days) or 10.90 express (1-2 days)

Hi there-

I was about to Download Civ 5 from Steam and they wanted USD80.

Amazon has it for USD49.

Am I missing something? Why would anyone get it from Steam?

Hi there-

I was about to Download Civ 5 from Steam and they wanted USD80.

Amazon has it for USD49.

Am I missing something? Why would anyone get it from Steam?

The price you quote leads to the assumption that you're buying from Australia. The price asked by Stream in Australia is very high. There are various threads about this. If you look at the first post of this thread, you'll see various shops that offer Civ5 at very nice prices.

The price you quote leads to the assumption that you're buying from Australia. The price asked by Stream in Australia is very high. There are various threads about this. If you look at the first post of this thread, you'll see various shops that offer Civ5 at very nice prices.

Ok thanks for the clarification. Im actually ordering from New Zealand, but I guess they use Australia prices.

The NZ stores on the first page all seem to be sold out, or charging a similar price.

I have a US credit card, and most of the year I live in the US, is there a way to get US pricing?

Ok thanks for the clarification. Im actually ordering from New Zealand, but I guess they use Australia prices.

The NZ stores on the first page all seem to be sold out, or charging a similar price.

I have a US credit card, and most of the year I live in the US, is there a way to get US pricing?
Hi Thronsen. Sorry, I should've said AU or NZ in my previous post. They're indeed treated the same on Steam. Based on your post, you've got a few options:
  • From NZ you could use a US proxy to get a US price on Steam, but that gives the risk they close your account since using a proxy to get a better price is considered a violation of their T&C.
  • The Ozmanshop listed above sells for AUD 42.95 ~ NZD 56.50. They have supply, but allow 1-2 weeks for delivery from UK to NZ. People had good experience with this.
  • Buy digital in UK from GamesPlanet for GBP 24.99 ~ NZD 52.90. This gives you a Steam code for immediate download.
  • You could obviously wait until you're in US next and then buy it locally (either in a store or on-line) and then you can safely use it around the world.
My personal recommendation would be to download the code from GamesPlanet. Quickest and cheapest and the feedback on them on the forums is positive.

Ozgameshop is now selling civ5 for $34.99AU. (includes shipping)

Just for the record, steam is still selling it for $79.99US. :crazyeye:

Just for the record, steam is still selling it for $79.99US. :crazyeye:
Good update. Thanks for mentioning. The price difference is staggering. Now that the game is out and well, I guess more shops are lowering their prices. If I have time this weekend, I'll do a round of updates ...

Bought. Too good a deal to pass up. Now I just need to get Windows...

Out of curiosity, do you (or does anyone) know if they ship from the UK? They gave a warning that there may be delays in shipping due to Royal Mail problems, and they are a UK based company.

Bought. Too good a deal to pass up. Now I just need to get Windows...

Out of curiosity, do you (or does anyone) know if they ship from the UK? They gave a warning that there may be delays in shipping due to Royal Mail problems, and they are a UK based company.

Yes, to my knowledge they ship from the UK. I'd expect shipping to take anywhere up to about 2 weeks. (was about 1 and a half for me)

http://365games.co.uk/pc-games/sid-meiers-civilization-v-5 is basically the same business. Price updates would likely happen at the same time on each site. (selling at 21.99GBP now)

Also, if you want windows 7, you can pick it up on ebay (legit versions) between 100 and 150 AU. Requires some browsing though. Still beats what you'd usually pay in a department or office supplies store.

Yes, to my knowledge they ship from the UK. I'd expect shipping to take anywhere up to about 2 weeks. (was about 1 and a half for me)

Yeah, it arrived today. So 14 days, or 10 business days. Luckily no significant delay, as they had warned may be the case.

Also, if you want windows 7, you can pick it up on ebay (legit versions) between 100 and 150 AU. Requires some browsing though. Still beats what you'd usually pay in a department or office supplies store.

Yeah, I was shocked to find that JB is selling it for $292! So instead I'm still waiting on it; through a friend for about $100.

______

Could I suggest that some Mac prices be added to the OP (not that I can help with this; I'd just think it useful, and I'm curious).

Yeah, it arrived today. So 14 days, or 10 business days. Luckily no significant delay, as they had warned may be the case.

Funnily enough, the game is back to 39.99 again. I assume this is because of the moving dollar.

Yeah, I was shocked to find that JB is selling it for $292! So instead I'm still waiting on it; through a friend for about $100.

Yeah honestly I don't understand why prices for operating systems are such ripoffs in most stores.

e.g. Officeworks price: $467 :eek:

Top Bottom