NiGHTS: General Discussion

So, is the New Social Policies turned into this mod and won't be developed further? I use NSP mainly for its resource connected buildings. From the posts I guess they are all in the NIGHTS (the flooded building choice issue that I wrote about in the NSP thread).

So, is the New Social Policies turned into this mod and won't be developed further? I use NSP mainly for its resource connected buildings. From the posts I guess they are all in the NIGHTS (the flooded building choice issue that I wrote about in the NSP thread).

NiGHTS is the new nsp - thats not to say nsp wont get an upgrade in the near future as i am currently working on a polished version of it. As far as the flooded building choices - that will be ironed out in future releases of both mods but not until I've finished adding major gameplay features.

Hey all,

Great mod.. don't play without it.

However, since the installing the new version, I've ran into a couple of problems.

- I, too, have to delete my warrior to construct my city.
- When making a new warrior, I get 50 unhappiness.

The biggest problem I've encountered is:

- When playing with Montezuma, the game prematurely ends by the 11th turn... every time! I am declared the winner and the game is over. I've tried playing with Babylon and I had NO problems. I haven't tried out any other Civ yet.

Thanks for everything.

Hey all,

Great mod.. don't play without it.

However, since the installing the new version, I've ran into a couple of problems.

- I, too, have to delete my warrior to construct my city.
- When making a new warrior, I get 50 unhappiness.

The biggest problem I've encountered is:

- When playing with Montezuma, the game prematurely ends by the 11th turn... every time! I am declared the winner and the game is over. I've tried playing with Babylon and I had NO problems. I haven't tried out any other Civ yet.

Thanks for everything.

The Happiness issue is fixed by either:
1. deleting your CiV cache.
2. verifying your CiV files.
3. updating the game to the latest build.
-all through steam.

Various combinations of these three things have worked for everyone else in regards to the Happiness problem at the start of the game.

Glad you're enjoying the mod and hopefully this fixes the problems:)

The Montezuma premature ending is new to me. I just tested him out myself on the latest version of NiGHTS 1.26 and didn't come across that issue so the above solutions most likely fix this.

If all goes according to plan, Major Update coming this weekend: Dec 4/5.

Fundamental game change that will hugely reward builders while making Military more important than ever.

I love this mod. One thing though... I couldn't figure out why my unhappiness was getting worse every turn. About the time I reached unhappiness of 18 I realized my capital only had 3 citizens. I said WTF? I couldn't figure it out until I had a V8 moment. I was using the Emigration mod and once I got some unhappiness from building too many cities my people started leaving and the unhappiness skyrocketed. Just a word to the wise, don't forget you may need to prune some mods you are used to using when you start using Civ Nights.

I love this mod. One thing though... I couldn't figure out why my unhappiness was getting worse every turn. About the time I reached unhappiness of 18 I realized my capital only had 3 citizens. I said WTF? I couldn't figure it out until I had a V8 moment. I was using the Emigration mod and once I got some unhappiness from building too many cities my people started leaving and the unhappiness skyrocketed. Just a word to the wise, don't forget you may need to prune some mods you are used to using when you start using Civ Nights.

This is very true - certain mods don't play nice together. When the main features I have planned are all implemented I'll take suggestions for which mods I should add and then ask those mod creators if I can have their permission to add them.

Glad you enjoy the mod - the next version will hopefully be ready on Dec 5th. Plenty of changes in store adding on top of what's already included for an overall deeper/immersive CiV experience.

I'm liking this mod, but is it possible to get the units back to being small and in ranks, instead of the single large unit that is now?

Well, I like the large units, much easier to see. So can you include in the readme instructions on how to make the land units big again?

I knew there had to be people on both sides of the equation:)
I'll do better than that - I'll be leaving the old XML files, (there's 2), that are responsible for the oversized units in the current version of NiGHTS, inactive within the mod.

At that point, all you'll have to do is activate them through ModBuddy - which I will also leave instructions for in case anyone's unfamiliar with using the Actions function.

I knew there had to be people on both sides of the equation:)At that point, all you'll have to do is activate them through ModBuddy - which I will also leave instructions for in case anyone's unfamiliar with using the Actions function.

I've never been able to get ModBuddy to work. It always says I don't have some file which I've never been able to figure out, and nothing I've read online seems to help me. I make all my changes the old-fashioned way. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. BTW, I've noticed that the production increase for plantations doesn't work for me. Was this intentional, is it a bug, or is it just me?

I've never been able to get ModBuddy to work. It always says I don't have some file which I've never been able to figure out, and nothing I've read online seems to help me. I make all my changes the old-fashioned way. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. BTW, I've noticed that the production increase for plantations doesn't work for me. Was this intentional, is it a bug, or is it just me?

It's not a bug as far as I know.

The next version of NiGHTS is proving to be pretty large in size and scope and will be delayed - most likely until next weekend.

There's some massive changes involved that, I'm hoping, will be seen as "a big sloppy kiss/love letter to the mod community. I want it to be for the hardcore."

Great mod idea markusbeutel! I started my first game with this.

1. Is there a easy way to increase tech research cost. As I undrestand tech cost is in cookie.xml file. What must be done if I want use following SQL sentence:
Code:
UPDATE Technologies
SET 'Cost' = Cost * 1.3
WHERE Cost >= 36
AND Cost < 130;

2. Which mods are compatible or suggested with this mod (beside New Social Policies mod)?

for example are following mods suggested or rather not - they are changing also gameplay which may lead to some conflict?
Economy Mod (v 5)?
Active City Defense (v 2)?
is Thal's Utilities (v 1) needed?

Great mod idea markusbeutel! I started my first game with this.

1. Is there a easy way to increase tech research cost. As I undrestand tech cost is in cookie.xml file. What must be done if I want use following SQL sentence:
Code:
UPDATE Technologies
SET 'Cost' = Cost * 1.3
WHERE Cost >= 36
AND Cost < 130;

2. Which mods are compatible or suggested with this mod (beside New Social Policies mod)?

for example are following mods suggested or rather not - they are changing also gameplay which may lead to some conflict?
Economy Mod (v 5)?
Active City Defense (v 2)?
is Thal's Utilities (v 1) needed?

1. It would probably be easiest just to tweak the XML Handicap functions for whichever difficulty you're playing on.

<HandicapInfos>
<Update>
<Where Type="HANDICAP_PRINCE"/>
<Set ResearchPercent="100"/>
</Update>
</HandicapInfos>

2. As far as which mods are compatible/suggested to go along with this mod - I don't have an answer yet as I haven't really tested it out with any other mods at the moment. Once all the mods major features are implemented I will compile a list of compatible mods and perhaps integrate a few of the major ones with their creator's consent.

One game with this mod enabled on top of CCMAT, CS Diplomacy and R.E.D
Things I do not like:
* No graphics in the technology 'wheel' during research Fishery
* One unit graphics - battles looks silly. I love the scale of RED armies
* Could work the Whale tile without sailing 3F3G but without resource. After sailing it gives Whale too. Maybe it's vanilla bug, I didn't try that before
* No 'pause on city defence' when waiting at EndTurd disabled
* The target icon is acitive even if city attacked this turn
* I could accept research agreement without Philosophy
* CS influence change visible after EndTurn
* After about 1500 constant 100 of happiness. I've had 'dark times' at about 1200 but after that 100-150 all the way, to 30 at 1900.
* Reducing city size to 1 after conquering is just not right.

One game with this mod enabled on top of CCMAT, CS Diplomacy and R.E.D
Things I do not like:
* No graphics in the technology 'wheel' during research Fishery
* One unit graphics - battles looks silly. I love the scale of RED armies
* Could work the Whale tile without sailing 3F3G but without resource. After sailing it gives Whale too. Maybe it's vanilla bug, I didn't try that before
* No 'pause on city defence' when waiting at EndTurd disabled
* The target icon is acitive even if city attacked this turn
* I could accept research agreement without Philosophy
* CS influence change visible after EndTurn
* After about 1500 constant 100 of happiness. I've had 'dark times' at about 1200 but after that 100-150 all the way, to 30 at 1900.
* Reducing city size to 1 after conquering is just not right.

Many of these issues are a result of conflicting mods. Ccmat alone has nsp which is one of my mods that will directly cause havoc with nights. Playing a game without these other mods enabled will lead to a vasty different gaming exp. When the mod is finished with added features I'll look into what is, and what isn't compatible.

Yes. I knew some of it is caused by uncompatibility. So next time I'll start with NIGHTS only. Do you have ETA for next release?

Top Bottom