Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

Concerning map making. Before I can really start, I need to know the number of teams. I guess this is the latest list of teams:

1. Team Civfanatics
2. Team Apolyton
3. Team Realms Beyond
4. Team We Play Civ
5. Team CivPlayers
6. Team Spanish Language Apolyton
7. Team Civforum.de
8. Civfr.com?

So 7 confirmed and 1 potential. Am I missing someone?

Then the settings that are relevant for map making. I checked the Lord Parkin's message where he collected the votes and would start the map assuming these:

Corporations - On
Game Speed - Normal
Huts - Off
Tech trading - Off

Map type - MAPMAKER'S CHOICE, with following guidelines (some of these haven't been up to vote)
* balanced, but not mirrored
* decent amount of land
* some sea, not archipelago
* Wrap Toroidial
* Difficulty level Monarch
* Quite even access to startegic resources (some might be in contested regions)
Also if you want I could give everyone screenshot of their start before the picking of leaders and nations is started.

I just realized that CFC never posted our choices for settings. We are still discussing a few of the settings, but this is what our confirmed members agree on so far.

Tactics:
Nukes - On nothing banned
Spies - On nothing banned
Corporations - On nothing banned
City Gifting - Undecided

Settings:
Game Speed - NORMAL
Huts - OFF
Events - OFF
Always War - OFF
Tech Trading - OFF
Vassal States - OFF
Unrestricted Leaders - ON
Random Seed on Reload - ON

Mods:
Change known tech bonus - NO
BUG mod - Undecided
Double move mod - Yes
No score Mod - Yes (No Score V2)

Map:
Map type - MAPMAKER'S CHOICE but not archipelago or contact blocked by Astronomy
Wrap - Cylindrical
Mirrored starts - NO
Fair/balanced starts - YES
Engineered starts - NO

Picking Leaders:
Selection process - SNAKE PICK with UNRESTRICTED leaders
Multiple or exclusive leaders - EXCLUSIVE Leaders and Civs

Hi folks. Beta from WPC here. I had this name registered a number of years back with CFC and do not want to create a DL. So, if Ok with you, I will continue using it.

Just so you are aware, Kloreep and I will be the tag-team co-representatives from WPC for this game.

Looking forward to it, and :b: to the mapmaker! Many thanks!

You can count Civfr in. We discussed and i think we got enough member to participate.

I am gona post our roster tomorow (well even if most arent register there).

Concerning the mod this is the current situation

Change known tech bonus - NO (3 agree, 1 wants 50%, 1 wants 100%)
BUG mod - NO (3 agree, 1 unsure, 1 has reservations, 1 disagrees)
Double move mod - YES (4 agree, 3 disagree), but probably NO since it is tied to BUG mod
No score Mod - Yes (1 agree, no other votes yet)

Now assuming we would be following the current voting this would mean we would have a mod that contains Double move mod, No score mod and maybe also some spanish "civstats" additions. This worries me quite a bit. Mod with these features doesn't exist at the moment! Someone has to make it and it would also need to be properly tested both early and late game scenarios. I also think that all the changes would had to be made public so that anyone intrested could check what has been done. If mod is rushed out, there is a serious risk of game breaking bugs emerging.

I'm obvivously out of vote here, but my recommendation is that game is played without mods. That has proven to work and we could start pretty fast. Vanilla game defiantely has problems, bugs and exploits, but they're well known and we can write rules to control their usage. With mod there is a fair chance we need another month or 2 to wait until we get the mod finalized so that it is safe to been taken in a game of this magnitude.

I can send to anyone the code of spanish mod. If you want

The game is the same , the modifications is only to send data to the www.aptmod.com

and it is finalized

If it is already ready, then please send it to me including all the source code. I'm sure there are several others that would like to at minimum to test it and maybe take a look at changes made. I'll send you my email address.

Can't send private messages to you (maybe not enough posts) so please send it to plako.plako at gmail.

Thank you Manolo. I got a source code. Apparently it is their basic mod i.e. including BUG, double move prevention (can be turned on/off) and "civstats" features. It doesn't have "no score" features.

So to fulfill the current reuirements it would had to be first modified and tested throughly.

I hear what you are saying plako, but the code in the No Score Mod doesn't affect gameplay. People use it all the time as an overlay on countless other Mods. I myself have used it as an overlay and I am currently running it as an overlay on a custom Mod in a Pitboss I am hosting for several months now and there have not been any problems. No Score Mod is a proven, tested, safe overlay.

we had use our "spansih" mod in more than 20 games by now. If Sommers saids that the no score mod is already tested, we can work to integrate both mods in one.
Of course if you would like to try the mods for this game.

we had use our "spansih" mod in more than 20 games by now. If Sommers saids that the no score mod is already tested, we can work to integrate both mods in one.
Of course if you would like to try the mods for this game.
Just to clarify, the "No-Score" mod we want is "No-Score V2" used in the Global Highlands and Don't Step on My Island Pitbosses. "V2" is distinguished from the original No-Score mod in that it disables Demographics entirely, not just score.

Magno, the Mod can be found here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=339251

When i posted our ideas of the settings i forgot to add our vote of the difficulty level. Civforum.de voted for Immortal or Deity difficulty :)

Due to the fact that no KI will be there that should be ok, we think.

Just to clarify, the "No-Score" mod we want is "No-Score V2" used in the Global Highlands and Don't Step on My Island Pitbosses. "V2" is distinguished from the original No-Score mod in that it disables Demographics entirely, not just score.

Magno, the Mod can be found here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=339251

While I'm here...be aware that the v2 mod also increases the other civs known tech bonus bit to 100% from 30%. The code is changed in the global defines XML file.

Mod
The no-score mod will be used to increase espionage strategy. This mod mainly removes the access to the demographics panel. You can find it attached to this thread.

What the hell? Half of a Demogracy game is reading demographics and discussing it. Why would you like to remove this?

Hi,

The UniversCiv community would like to participate.
I registered a team in the roster thread.

Regards
Yuufo

Top Bottom