Spain UHV

rishubhav

Chieftain
I know that the mod is very close to being finished, but I think that the Spainish UHV really needs a second look. Right now, all of the Spanish UHV condition have to do with America. However, unser the Hapsburgs, Spain at one point was a huge European superpower, with claims in Italy, Germany, and the Netherlands. I think that one of the American UHVs should be replaced with something like conquer 3 European cities.

I know that the mod is very close to being finished, but I think that the Spainish UHV really needs a second look. Right now, all of the Spanish UHV condition have to do with America. However, unser the Hapsburgs, Spain at one point was a huge European superpower, with claims in Italy, Germany, and the Netherlands. I think that one of the American UHVs should be replaced with something like conquer 3 European cities.

I am happy with the UHV, as for achieve the third condition i conquer all France and England ( i made this 3 times now, without collapsing! :lol: )...

IHowever, unser the Hapsburgs, Spain at one point was a huge European superpower, with claims in Italy, Germany, and the Netherlands.

The important words are bolded. At one point, every Empire had huge claims to land and lives. However, the UHVs reflect what accomplishments or goals shaped the entire history of the empire. Spain was the first to settle in America. Spain grabbed the most land the Amerias (they alone claimed more land than Russia, England, France and Portugal combined). They ensaved whole nations. They were thought gods by natives.

Which is more important and history altering?

The important words are bolded. At one point, every Empire had huge claims to land and lives. However, the UHVs reflect what accomplishments or goals shaped the entire history of the empire. Spain was the first to settle in America. Spain grabbed the most land the Amerias (they alone claimed more land than Russia, England, France and Portugal combined). They ensaved whole nations. They were thought gods by natives.

Which is more important and history altering?

Yes, but the entire point of their New World adventures was to finance their domination of Europe. It was just means to an end. Perhaps the majority of their goals should be New-World centered, but at least 1 should be based on Europe. Right now, the Spanish player could abandon Spain and go to America and still win the UHV.

As for impact, due to the Spanish Empire in Europe, England became Protestant, the Netherlands became independent, and the Turks were sent home packing. Thats quite a bit of history altering

For me in third one is focused in Europe, you can't take all England and French cities without declaring war to them, and since the game doesn't make diference between colonial war and normal war, you are involved in a war in Europe.

Yes, but as I said you don't even have to be in Europe to win the UHV. Also, given the AIs inneficiency at naval invasions, its not much of a war.

Yes, but the entire point of their New World adventures was to finance their domination of Europe. It was just means to an end. Perhaps the majority of their goals should be New-World centered, but at least 1 should be based on Europe. Right now, the Spanish player could abandon Spain and go to America and still win the UHV.

As for impact, due to the Spanish Empire in Europe, England became Protestant, the Netherlands became independent, and the Turks were sent home packing. Thats quite a bit of history altering

The Battle of Lepanto was fairly minor in impact. Turks were back in the Western Mediterranean a decade later, if not sooner. England became Protestant by the whims of its leader, although yes, this was partly a result of Spanish refusal to permit a routine divorce and influencing cardinals to prevent it. The Netherlands did become independent as a result of misrule, but I'm not sure how this is a point in favor of Spain.

My personal pick for Spain's biggest European contribution would be the creation of the European international banking community. While there was a banking community prior to Spain's needs in the Netherlands, the Spanish demands upon it were so massive (and the profits to be made even more incredible) that it revolutionized the system entirely. Even bankers from the revolting Dutch were in on it! Incredible.

Yes, but as I said you don't even have to be in Europe to win the UHV. Also, given the AIs inneficiency at naval invasions, its not much of a war.
Well, if you're concerned with playing historically, don't give up your cities in Iberia. When you declare war against England and especially against France you will have a European war on your hands. And if you feel like taking over more of Europe, there's nothing stopping you.

Technically, you can win the English and Viking UHVs without any cities in Europe, too. If you load up all your initial settlers and send them off to Africa to start your empire there, you can still win without setting foot in Europe again. Their UHVs are still good ones, though, since hardly anybody is actually going to do that. I think the same is true for Spain.

Technically, you can win the English and Viking UHVs without any cities in Europe, too. If you load up all your initial settlers and send them off to Africa to start your empire there, you can still win without setting foot in Europe again. Their UHVs are still good ones, though, since hardly anybody is actually going to do that. I think the same is true for Spain.

I thought the English UHV required 3 cities on every continent.

I thought the English UHV required 3 cities on every continent.
I don't think Europe counts, since it's assumed you're going to build several cities there no matter what. The wiki says:
You must build at least 3 cities in every continent (North America, South America, Asia, Australia and Oceania, Africa), by 1730 AD. You need to build 3 cities on every of 5 continents for the total sum of 15 cities. You have to build them, conquering them can't be an option.

Europe counts, and you can't go to Africa with England, Spanish culture always blocks your way =p ( and getting a OP with Isabela is very dificult ).

Spoiler :
elif (iPlayer == iEngland):
if (iGameTurn <= i1730AD):
if (self.getGoal(iEngland, 1) == -1):
#bEastCoast = self.checkOwnedArea(iEngland, tEastCoastTL, tEastCoastBR, 2)
#bSouthAfrica = self.checkOwnedArea(iEngland, tSouthAfricaTL, tSouthAfricaBR, 1)
#bAustralia = self.checkOwnedArea(iEngland, tAustraliaTL, tAustraliaBR, 2)
#print ("English UHV:", bEastCoast, bSouthAfrica, bAustralia)
#if (bEastCoast and bSouthAfrica and bAustralia):
bNCAmerica = self.checkOwnedArea(iEngland, tNCAmericaTL, tNCAmericaBR, 3)
bSAmerica = self.checkOwnedArea(iEngland, tSAmericaTL, tSAmericaBR, 3)
bAfrica = self.checkOwnedArea(iEngland, tAfricaTL, tAfricaBR, 3)
bAsia = self.checkOwnedArea(iEngland, tAsiaTL, tAsiaBR, 3)
bOceania = self.checkOwnedArea(iEngland, tOceaniaTL, tOceaniaBR, 3)
if (bNCAmerica and bSAmerica and bAfrica and bAsia and bOceania):
self.setGoal(iEngland, 1, 1)

/\
| I can't find anything about European cities in English UHV (Victory.py).

Europe counts, and you can't go to Africa with England, Spanish culture always blocks your way =p ( and getting a OP with Isabela is very dificult ).

Just declare war. Spain doesn't start with any ships, so you'd be safe.

I wold settle London and a city on Ireland. Along with Iverness, that's 3 super cities in England. Then, load up the rest and set off to South Africa and settle there.

Top Bottom