Can I play a save that was generated in vanilla BTS in BAT 4.1?

MantaRevan

Emperor
I use BAT 4.1 when I play civ 4 and my friend doesn't. I generated a save for us both to play on his computer. Is it possible for me to play this save with BAT?

Yes and No.

Yes ... open up the save in Civ4, open World Builder and save it as a WB file. Then start a new game with BAT and 'play a scenario' ... scroll down the list of scenarios until you find the WB file you saved above. Note that this is a TOTALLY NEW GAME and resets all things (city production, whip anger, GP count, etc, etc).

No ... BAT is a mod and you can only play saves generated by the mod (this is a Civ4 thing and impacts any mod you play). You can't play a BAT save without BAT. You can't play a mod-less save with BAT.

Yes and No.

Yes ... open up the save in Civ4, open World Builder and save it as a WB file. Then start a new game with BAT and 'play a scenario' ... scroll down the list of scenarios until you find the WB file you saved above. Note that this is a TOTALLY NEW GAME and resets all things (city production, whip anger, GP count, etc, etc).

No ... BAT is a mod and you can only play saves generated by the mod (this is a Civ4 thing and impacts any mod you play). You can't play a BAT save without BAT. You can't play a mod-less save with BAT.

Thanks! It was a turn 1 save, so it worked out almost identical. Thanks for the swift response.

Top Bottom