Installing Dune Wars and Installation Issues

Hey, I installed DuneWars some months ago, but I dont know when, or when i downloaded it.

Now I wanted to look if there is something new... but I can't find the Version number of my DuneWars...?
I looked In Game (found the CivIV BTS patchVersion), I looked in the mod folders (found a lot of readmes in "...>Mods>DuneWars>docs" folder but none for DuneWars...?

Please: where do I have to look to find out what Version/patch of DuneWars I'm playing???

btw: I don't know the books, only the movie and some old games...
but still: I love to sink into the sandy world of Arrakis by playing this mod. REALLY NICE WORK!!!

Oh well... thanks for the quick answer.
I can read and I've already read the instructions and downloaded the files. But that's all I can do...
Please suppose for a moment someone does not have admin privileges on his laptop...
wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of version number written somewhere in the installed mod? maybe in a readme which also includes the changelog?

Sorry for being ironic, just a bad weekend!

There is a version number in the BUG options panel. Depending on how you have configured BUG, I believe the key to bring up this panel is alt-O. Then you can view the versions tab. However, this field is not always kept up to date when a new release is made. To be sure you have the latest, please use 1.9.6.

It seems like if got a problem nobody else have. I played dune wars 1.9 for a long time (perfect Mod by the way, respect to the modding-team). Then i found the newer version and deinstalled dune wars. and installed version 1.9.1b. If I start the game I can run the setup (setting the difficulty level and so on) but the game freezes after intialising the game. So I never get to see the real game screen. I hope somebody has an idea what´s going wrong - I´d really love to play 1.9.6

Thanks

Windows 7
BTS 3.19

Could you please release a.zip file? I'd like very much to play this mod but I don't want to run the .exe file, sorry.

We promise the exe file has no viruses in it. Is there another reason you do not wish to run the exe?

No dude, there's no other reasons, and it is enough. Since it seems that this .exe file doesn't even create the apropriate folders for the instalation, I don't see why can't you release a .zip file just like all the others.

I would like very much to play this mod, I'm a big fan of Duna. Please, bro, release a .zip or .rar file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please describe a little bit more about what you see when you run the installer. Hundreds of other people have run it with no problem.

I just downloaded and installed dune wars. the game seems to work alright until i try to load a game. when i try to load a saved game says unpackaging error and crashes. i have tried reinstallation and i have 3.19 patch for bts

I recently discovered and downloaded Dune Wars. Reinstalled my old Civ4 just to enjoy a bit of the Dune universe which I love. The mod looks awesome. I had wanted to play again Civ4 for a long time and this was the perfect reason.

Sadly, I cannot make it work :(

A lot of XML errors that won't go away unless I force-kill the program from the task manager.

I'm playing via Steam, and installed first all Civ4, Warlords and BTS in order; it works properly without issue. Then I try with the latest Dune Wars and soundtrack, and it doesn't even start before the XML errors happen :(

Is your BtS patched to 3.19? You can check that in the advanced menu.

BtS not patched works of course but you need the latest patch to run Dune.

Top Bottom