Questions about The BUG Mod

looking good. Now for some 'glance' payback ... can you make the 54%, 22%, etc font one size small?

Can you also make displaying that information optional? I like the GP bar, but would like to only see the bar or at most have the type of most likely GP said (instead of Great Person it would read Great Scientist and so on). If I don't know what kind of GP's I'm about to get, I can as well click the bar...

BTW, I'm resisting the %s in the label simply due to space issues, but how about this: use the icons for various things instead of the full unit name.

Does this look too confusing?

I gotta say I'm not a huge fan, the bar does look pretty cluttered. Would it be possible to allow us to select 3 options for the GP Bar:

Off
On (Original)
On (Shuper Duper Fancy Smansy)

On (text shows city and highest probability GP)

ahh, it's good to see someone other than Ruff listens to me ~ I really like that change! can't wait to see what the latest changes are . . .

now if only you took care of that GG thing ;) :lol:

Good to hear. Yes, the GG counter -> GG Bar is next and should be a piece of cake next to the GP Bar.

And yes, putting them on the same line as the Research Bar when you have the space is a nice idea. Anyone else playing with widescreen or larger resolution have any thoughts on the subject? Put one on either side of the RB? What if you have one hidden?

I think it'd like to see the ordering as RB GP GG, with RB being the largest, GP second largest, and GG the smallest.

Didn't v3.13 of BtS put the better espionage advisor screen in the default game. If so, are we taking it out of BUG?

Yes, Better Espionage is in 3.13, but I added some stuff to it before 3.13 so I'd like to leave it in.

• Rearranged the fields in the list of civs. I think it's clearer.
  • Added coloring to cost %.
  • Added coloring to missions: can perform gets green and can perform soon (within 10%) gets cyan.

At last I finaly tried an Internet Multiplayer BTS game with a friend of mine. We both have the patch 3.13 installed. Alerum already mentioned there are some issues with BAT and 3.13. Updating through SVN caused the game to Crash to Desktop, as already explained in the Bug Reporting thread. The problem was currently fixed by installing the BAT (FBUGMod_006.exe) from civ4bug.sourceforge.net. In a Single player game the BUG mod with the Custom-art units works fine.

However, on the multiplayergame the BUG mod is not present (we changed the BUG mod.ini file line "SinglePlayerOnly = 1" to 0). It plays as a normal game w/o the BUG mod. Also the custom units from BAT(fbug) are not present in the Multiplayer game... for the players. All AI player have the Civ Unique cutom-art units. But the players themselve have the original civ-units (except for the spearman?!?!?:confused: )

Now, this could be related to non-compatibility with BAT and 3.13, but since the BUG is not present either, I think it is something else. The BUG mod is multiplayer compatible is it not. Or do I need to change some setting for the BUG to work in an on-line game (Maybe manualy load the mod somehow?)

Any thoughts anyone? We are running no other mod's. We are using the latest (update 2 days ago) SVN BUG+BAT version with the FBUGMod_006.exe installed after the SVN update (so I guess that has overwritten most files).

It's not MP compatible. I think you can install into a Mod folder, and load that up and play an MP game that way, but I haven't tried it yet, so don't know if it would work.:(

As long as you're both running BUG as a mod, it should work fine. None of the changes are single-player only. I've fixed the INI file.

The logger will not work 100% as it includes some code that makes the assumption that the human is player #1.

HARD! It is actually the part that puts in the IBT section in the code and controls the "while attacking" / "while defending". It is all driven by the silly order that events fire during the game (but you know about that silly order already).

Yes, Better Espionage is in 3.13, but I added some stuff to it before 3.13 so I'd like to leave it in.

• Rearranged the fields in the list of civs. I think it's clearer.
  • Added coloring to cost %.
  • Added coloring to missions: can perform gets green and can perform soon (within 10%) gets cyan.

As it is written in our BUG Included Mods.rtf file ;)

HARD! It is actually the part that puts in the IBT section in the code and controls the "while attacking" / "while defending". It is all driven by the silly order that events fire during the game (but you know about that silly order already).

But opting out IBT, everything else will work? :confused:

But opting out IBT, everything else will work? :confused:
maybe - not 100% sure. It might be that the log created on the players pc shows the log from the players point of view and not from the human's point of view.

Top Bottom