Demographics

babybluepants

Deity
GOTM Staff
I know the game doesn't start 'till tomorrow (hopefully :)), but I thought I'd just go ahead and set this up. This thread is for the analysis of the in-game Demographics screen (F9), in-game score, graphs and related discussion. I think the TP could snap a screenshot of the relevant screens every turn and post it here for focussed discussion.

Should we maybe reserve 10-ish posts at the top of the thread, so we can post turn-by-turn screenshots in one place? Not sure...

Last game, many of the teams had a "Turn Tracker Thread" and a general "Turn Discussion Thread." Basically, the Turn Discussion thread has all the screenshots and the turn updates, but has discussion/input from the team members, while the Turn Tracker Thread is JUST for turn updates, so people can view the turns without extra comments from members. I think that's a good idea, although it might be best to split up the Turn Discussion Thread from turns 1-50 turns 51-100, etc. since it can get really long.

Snatty - yes I know this isn't supposed to be the turn tracker thread.

this isnt supposed to be our turn-tracker threat:crazyeye:

it´s supposed to be for spying and demo friggling and here we need an actual shot of the demo screen FROM EACH TURN.

main turnplayer has to post IN THIS THREAT only 1 screenshot, no text, no comments, only demo-screen, so our demo readers can take care of the rest

-> just to clarify this and avoid confusion right from the start:crazyeye:

Yes, it was meant to be what Snaaty described. Largely unrelated to a turn-tracker thread. :)

@ babybluepants:

can you then take care of organizing this threat:)... ...would be great, so you would be the headspy for a while:goodjob:

on a side note:
this is most important during the first 50-75 turns... ...we NEED to SEE if someone is having a huge prod bonus for exemple, to be warned of stone/marble builds;) + what tech are beeing researched for reli-purpose

I'll organize it, sure. I'll think about the thread format a bit today... I'm not the best demo-reader around, though. Any and all contributions are more than welcome. ;)

I'm happy to help with this, I worked a lot on it last game for our team.

First of all - one shot per turn is not going to be enough. Preferably we would want a shot between each team playing, but since this is simultaneous turns it's not quite as crucial. But on the first turn in particular, getting demo shots between each team would help tremendously. Could we please have someone ready to log in early and often, and get the required screens?

I'm starting my new job on Monday the 12th, depending on how much I will have to work over there, I could offer my assistance with this matter, but don't count on me till then. I hope this will help.

I have civ-stats bookmarked, but I don't even know where we are supposed to log in anymore. Never did play a pit-boss game, and looks like our intra-warmup simply never went anywhere.

Hope someone can bring me up to speed pretty quick. I can't even remember where our team password is located. So many threads all over this forum now and so hard to find anything.

Thanks, password out of the way... Still I'd like to know what address (game name) to connect to for the official.

Screenshots
Spoiler :

Team Sirius

Us

Team Quatronia

Team CDZ

Team Amazon

Summary
Spoiler :

SIRIUS (Willem Cre/Fin)
gnp 18
mfg 5
food 2
land 7
happy 83 (5)
health 85 (6)

QUATRONIA (Hannibal Fin/Cha)
gnp 16 (?)
mfg 2
food 4
land 7
happy 85 (6) - Charismatic
health 85 (6)

Good stuff babybluepants!:goodjob: OK so I think one of the big things to focus on is determining if all other teams have coastal starts. We now know that we do and Sirius do so there's a high possibility that all starts are coastal, this may make getting an exploratory workboat out early vital for early contact.

Top Bottom