Turn Discussion Thread I - Turns 1-50

Definitely plantation the dyes. It's a 2:food: 5:commerce: tile instantly, versus a 2:food: 5:commerce: tile after growing to a town and researching Printing Press (non-riverside numbers. Obviously add 1:commerce: to each side for riverside tiles). Assuming no Free Speech for +2:commerce: or Universal Suffrage for +1:hammers:, the dye plantation is an instant town. Only the civics increase the output of a town further than what the plantation can do. Not to mention the trade fodder it provides. That being said, there's no reason not to cottage them before calendar assuming we can spare the worker turns and the city plans call for it.

Sure, but we aren't going to be trading with all other teams anyway.

EDIT: x-post with BL. Since it's a riverside dyes tile, it'd be 3C with a cottage, 4C with a hamlet and 6C with a town. But I guess you're right anyway, I misremembered and thought it was only 4C for improved dyes.

I think we should farm most of them to get some much needed food surplus. Our happy cap should be high enough that we can actually use the extra population they will produce, and they will chip in a little commerce too.

Plantation them when we get to Calendar.

+1S. And I agree with plantation the dyes. Maybe we can cottage some of them. I don't think we will need more than 4, if that!

Note also that there is only 4 tiles where some of the strategic resources could appear. Not to prognose anything, but I think we should get ready that there is NONE of those on starting island, and plan for that possibility!

I suggest if after BW we don't see copper, to go for fishing, sailing asap!

Note also that there is only 4 tiles where some of the strategic resources could appear. Not to prognose anything, but I think we should get ready that there is NONE of those on starting island, and plan for that possibility!

I suggest if after BW we don't see copper, to go for fishing, sailing asap!

Agree

Note that team CDZ (Ragnar!) researched a technology last turn - the first team to do so. They start with Hunting and Fishing, so what tech could they have researched? Hm ....

I am very tired right now... so I am still trying to determine if you are being sarcastic or not....

1S doesn't reveal any workable BFC'able tiles compared to 1SE, but since we need to see if we can get out of this rock in more directions... 1S.

By the way at some point we need to go back to check the NW corner to see if there's any ninja-coast-connections there as well.

1S doesn't reveal any workable BFC'able tiles compared to 1SE, but since we need to see if we can get out of this rock in more directions... 1S.

Agree. I don't see what information there is to be had by going 1SE that won't be apparent in 2 turns anyway.

That doesn't sound good...

Someone else's culture?

Or no seafood on the island at all?

Or....I dunno.

Edit: x-post with Silu - I think you might have it. The only thing I can think of that would elicit a reaction that bad is someone else's cultural border providing one-way access.

Nevermind

OK. That might not be such bad news.

We can deduce from this that, unless there's another landmass directly to the south (unlikely) that the only way to contacting other civs is that island/continent to our capital's SE.

This provides some good news: security. We're safe for a long time from invasion; until Astronomy, in all likelihood.

We need to do some speculation as to what sort of map this is.

Quick thought that i haven't properly looked into: Would switching to work one of those dyes (2:food: 2:commerce:) for one turn get us Agri next turn as opposed to the turn after next? Once we get it we'd switch back to the rice. I don't know if there is just 11 beakers left for Agri though, so I may be wrong here.

Why do we need Agri next turn rather than the following turn? All beakers overflow, and the extra food is more important, I think.

Top Bottom