Does BUG include the unofficial patch?

jaycuhbbb

Chieftain
I saw in the change notes

"Merged Mods:

- Unofficial Patch
Updated to release version 1.50""

Does the BUG mod include the unofficial patch? I hope not considering I quite enjoy the "unaltered gameplay" aspect of the mod.

BUG does not include the UP, but BULL, and the BAT Mod do. The UP requires a special CvGameCore.DLL file that isn't included in the bare BUG Mod.

Hope that helped. :)

moose and squirrel?

moose and squirrel?
I'm honoring the woman who gave me my first middle name, the not so lovely Natasha Fatale. My Dad was a big Bullwinkle fan, but Mum refused to let my first name be Natasha, so it's one of my four middle ones, and the one I use here in North America, because no one can pronounce my first name. :D

and the previous pic?

Just so we don't get called out for fibbing, BUG includes the Python fixes from the UP, but these do not alter the gameplay at all. BUG also includes a fix to one of the random events IIRC. If you are worried about this being altered (technically it is but it truly is a fix), feel free to remove CIV4EventInfos.xml from BUG.

Just so we don't get called out for fibbing, BUG includes the Python fixes from the UP, but these do not alter the gameplay at all. BUG also includes a fix to one of the random events IIRC. If you are worried about this being altered (technically it is but it truly is a fix), feel free to remove CIV4EventInfos.xml from BUG.

Sorry for digging up this thread after so many years, but...

...how can you present the BUG mod as an unaltered gameplay when it actually alters the gamplay???

I thought that the original BtS and BUG were the same games - because you tell people that they are the same! And now I discovered this thread?!

I am more than happy with the U in BUG. One Q in 5 yrs on this thread while the mod has been incorporated left, right and center is fine by me. Even the HOF mod modifies some of the events.

OK, I have already calmed down. I still consider BUG to be a very good mod and will stick with that. However, I feel like being mislead all the time. Just see the following quotation from the homepage of BUG:
Not one part of the game play has been altered.
Similar statements can be found all over the forums. Why don't you just tell the true?

There are a few people at Realms Beyond who consider BUG a radical change of the game because it pushes all of this information down people's throats. The ones they continually cite is the 'whip assist' markers on the city production bar and / or the whip alert.

They say that this radically changes the game.

Top Bottom