Political Cartoons: Second thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to start the second thread but I didn't have any images to use so I didn't.

LOL... I just wanted to start a thread that could reach 1000 posts. So I looked for some cartoons and I posted them, they are not very funny, though. :( The first one is OK.

Urederra said:
The first one is OK.
Hardly. The cartoonist is no better than your average nitwit in the West who cannot differentiate between one Arab and another. The suggestion in the peoples' expressions that a group of entrepreneurs (those who are buying these US ports) are doing so in collusion with some terrorist cause is wayward with the truth, infantile in its stereotyping, irresponsible and quite far from being funny imo. I don't think there'll be riots over it but cartoons are supposed to funny because they reveal some truth to us which cannot be expressed otherwise. The first cartoon in this thread reveals only one truth - that the cartoonist is a cliche flinging, fearmongerer and a prat to boot. Amazing that its Daryl Cagle.[/rant]

@Rambu. But I found it funny :rolleyes:
I know that americans are angry (and worried) because a foreign country is taken over a domestic bussiness. It happens everywhere, I remember some angry front pages on UK newspapers when Banco de Santander wanted to buy an English bank (I don't remember its name, too busy to look for it) or now, E'on wants to buy Endesa, and the Spanish government doesn't like it. I looked it from that point of view.

You are angry with me because you wanted to open the new thread and I was quicker.

:joke:

Anyway... another cartoon about muslims :D

Urederra said:
@Rambu. But I found it funny :rolleyes:
I know that americans are angry (and worried) because a foreign country is taken over a domestic bussiness. It happens everywhere, I remember some angry front pages on UK newspapers when Banco de Santander wanted to buy an English bank (I don't remember its name, too busy to look for it) or now, E'on wants to buy Endesa, and the Spanish government doesn't like it. I looked it from that point of view.
Sure thing. Understood. My rant stands anyway! :D

:sleep:

Ironically, curling was the most popular sport on Italian television :p

SuperBeaverInc. said:
Ironically, curling was the most popular sport on Italian television :p

Maybe because curling is similar to the italian bocce (french boules, spanish petanca) but in ground instead of ice.

And, probably, bocce is played by more people than curling. Yet, you can win a olympic medal if you play curling, but not bocce.

Ybbor, I realized something.. D'you think the descriptions on making the balloonthingy could actually be based on real happenings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom