10 Civs if I could choose

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
If I could have chosen the 10 new civs in Beyond the Sword, I would choose the following:

Europe

Portugal
Unique Unit
Unique Building

Netherlands
Unique Unit
Unique Building

Poland
Unique Unit
Unique Building

Africa (Mali, Zulu and Ethiopia should be enough for subsaharan Africa, the remainder are more or less barbarians for gameplay purposes).

Ethiopia
Unique Unit
Unique Building

Asia

Khmer
Unique Unit
Unique Building

Pathan (Central Asia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran)
Unique Unit can move freely in mountains.
Unique Building

Babylon
Unique Unit
Unique Building

Americas

Maya
Unique Unit
Unique Building

Native American
Unique Unit
Unique Building

Others

Lapps
Unique Unit can move freely in ice, tundra
Unique Building

I aren't that excited about Sumer, but I am about the Byzantine and Holy Roman Empire.
I would go with Firafix current selection and replace Sumer with one of the Polynesian civilizations or with the Moors.

Lapps could be the special cold weather Civ, with UUs handling tundra and ice terrain better than the rest.

Wow, now that all the "what civs will be in" are nearly gone, we have "what civs should have been in" starting.

Oh well, we want Hitler. And Poland

I'm not trying to be condescending, but I have noticed a lot of Americans dont seem to think Egypt is African... why is this? Its weird because despite the Arab culture, its completely in Africa, Morrocco, for instance is also an Arabic cultured nation but no one seem think confuse it as being middle eastern, why is that? Is Egypt reefered to as middle eastern in US history books or something?

Wow, now that all the "what civs will be in" are nearly gone, we have "what civs should have been in" starting.

It is not going to take long for some people to open threads like 'what civs would you want for the next xp'. ;)

I'm not trying to be condescending, but I have noticed a lot of Americans dont seem to think Egypt is African... why is this? Its weird because despite the Arab culture, its completely in Africa, Morrocco, for instance is also an Arabic cultured nation but no one seem think confuse it as being middle eastern, why is that? Is Egypt reefered to as middle eastern in US history books or something?

Culturally the Mediterranean countries of Africa are more tied to the middle East and to Europe than to the rest of Africa. There obviously is a long history of cultural interaction across the Sahara (represented in the game by the Mali civ), but that desert is a pretty big dividing line. It's not just the US, but international organizations will often group Sub-Saharan Africa seperately from the northern Arabic speaking countries who have strong ties to the middle East.

just because a civilization is in a certain place doesn't mean it shares the places' characteristics. ancient Egypt, culturally, is subject to debate, so i won't go there. Roman Egypt, culturally, was pretty much Roman and "Coptic", i.e., Egyptian Christian. after the Islamic invasion, Egypt because pretty much like the Muslims. modern day Egypt is actually one of the standards of modernized Arabic nations. its language, "Egyptian Arabic", is the standard Arabic, i think.

These are the kind of comments i hate.

And if i were to choose i'd choose:

1. Dutch
2. Portugal
3. Austria
4. Poland
5. Isreal
6. SE Asian <Siam or viet
7. Ethiopia
8. Babylon
9. Polynesia
10. Venezuela.

if I could choose...

1. VIETNAM (duh)
2. Babylon
3. Sumer
4. Dutch
5. Portugual
6. Byzantines
7. Polynesia
8. Nubia
9. Ethiopia
10. fine, POLAND

I actually like most of the civs they chose so far

1. Bablyonian Empire
2. Sumerian Empire
3. Dutch Empire
4. Portuguese Empire
5. Bzyantine Empire
6. Mayan Empire
7. Native American Empire (although I would prefer a specific tribe/nation)

I would add:
8. Vietnamese Empire
9. Frankish Empire or Polish Empire
10. Antartica-Polynesian Penguin Empire :D ;)

I left out my African choice because I would make a third expansion pack where the focus is on more diversity, that and I needed a spot for my last choice. ;)

Everybody always forgets that Egypt and Carthage were African civs too.

Maybe that's why he said subsaharian civs. As some have commented, it is usual to make a difference between subsaharian africa and the mediterranean one, in wich Carthage and Egypt would be located.

Top Bottom