The Roman Empire is Falling!! (Earth117AD)

Crbarber22695

The Next Great Liberal
Just Released Today! (11/27/08 11:00pmEST)

The Roman Empire is Falling! (Earth 117A.D.)

The Roman World is Falling!
The Middle Ages approach as the Germans invade Rome, Greece fights for independence, Persia rebuilds it’s empire, China unifies, and Japan unifies under Tokugawa. Who will you be?
Will you preserve the Great Empire as Julius?
Marry Caesar as Cleopatra?
Take Rome along with their empire as the Germans?
Invade the middle east as Persia?
Retake your empire as Greece?
Invade China as Mongolia?
Or take control of the Japanese states as Tokugawa?

Scenario created by: Crbarber22695
(Rhye’s Earth Map)

The Roman World is Falling! (Earth Map) v1.5.2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need testers, and reviews. Let me know if there are any bugs, or historically incorrect. Please make all your comments positive! Thanks!

Download the Scenario Here:http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11316
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Roman Empire is Falling! v2.0.0 - - - Coming Soon! (Expected Release Date: 12/24/08)
Mantain the Empire in the West as Western Rome...
Control the east as Eastern Rome...
Raid the split Rome as the Goths...
Control the Middle East as Persia...
Take the city of Rome as Germany...
Beat back the Mongols as China...
Or unify Japan...
It's your choice, do your best, and lead your civilization to victory!

I need testers, and reviews. Let me know if there are any bugs, or historically incorrect. Please make all your comments positive! Thanks!

Well, you might want to use Trajan instead of Caesar, and Cleopatra VI was DOA as well. (And why is the Roman empire falling in 117 AD? That's when it was at the apex of power...)

I would reccomend using 200AD(Folly of Commodus), 300AD(Conversion to Christianity by COnstantine and the splitting of the Empire into the east and west), 378AD(Goths invade Eastern Roman Empire)450AD(Flagellum Dei! Scouge of God (Attila the Hun) invade Europe). The Western Roman Empire ended in 476 with the overthrow of Romulus Augustulus by the Scyrian (Goth offshoot) Odoacer. It is also viewed as 492 when Theodoric the Ostrogoth killed Odoacer and told the Eastern Emperor Zeno that an EMperor was no longer needed in the West. Odoacer acted like a Roman Vassal.

A few things I noticed based on reading your intro:
Cleopatra was dead, Egypt was a Roman Province.
Greece wasnt an independant state. It was part of the Praetorian Prefecture of Illyricum in the Eastern Roman Empire.
The Persians (Sassanids, not the Achaemenids like in Civ or the Parthians who were before Sassanid Persia) already ruled all of the middle east.
Mongolia didnt exist. There were the Huns, Proto-Mongols or the Avars who were raiding China at this time. I would reccomend reading the Wikipedia articles more closely. It is cool that you are making a scenario, but it is nice to be somewhat historicly acurate when making a historical scenario. If you have any questions on the History of this time period in Europe and Sassanid Persia, ask me. That area is my favorite in history. If you want to get some more ideas, Primordial Stew is working on the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire mod. If your interested in helping, it would be appreciated.

I would reccomend using 200AD(Folly of Commodus), 300AD(Conversion to Christianity by COnstantine and the splitting of the Empire into the east and west), 378AD(Goths invade Eastern Roman Empire)450AD(Flagellum Dei! Scouge of God (Attila the Hun) invade Europe). The Western Roman Empire ended in 476 with the overthrow of Romulus Augustulus by the Scyrian (Goth offshoot) Odoacer. It is also viewed as 492 when Theodoric the Ostrogoth killed Odoacer and told the Eastern Emperor Zeno that an EMperor was no longer needed in the West. Odoacer acted like a Roman Vassal.

A few things I noticed based on reading your intro:
Cleopatra was dead, Egypt was a Roman Province.
Greece wasnt an independant state. It was part of the Praetorian Prefecture of Illyricum in the Eastern Roman Empire.
The Persians (Sassanids, not the Achaemenids like in Civ or the Parthians who were before Sassanid Persia) already ruled all of the middle east.
Mongolia didnt exist. There were the Huns, Proto-Mongols or the Avars who were raiding China at this time. I would reccomend reading the Wikipedia articles more closely. It is cool that you are making a scenario, but it is nice to be somewhat historicly acurate when making a historical scenario. If you have any questions on the History of this time period in Europe and Sassanid Persia, ask me. That area is my favorite in history. If you want to get some more ideas, Primordial Stew is working on the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire mod. If your interested in helping, it would be appreciated.

yeah, ive already updated a lot of the scenario so its like that. im at v1.7.0, and i'll release v2 with east/west rome, egypt as a vassal to rome, persia bigger, the year will be different, and ill make china and japan and mongolia better civs to play. also germany and greece. i know that greece wasnt independent but i didnt know what to do with them, so i just made them be at war with rome.

Egypt didnt exist as a nation at this time. They had been subjugated by the Romans and were part of the Praetorian Prefecture of the East. What you could do with Greece is make them into the Goths who start just north of the Eastern Empire in Hungary. I've tried making Fall of Rome scenarios before, and it is very hard becasue you have to time all the migrations. If you are looking for an easier date, you can use 455 as your start date with Attila just dieing and the West in the final stages of collapse.

Egypt didnt exist as a nation at this time. They had been subjugated by the Romans and were part of the Praetorian Prefecture of the East. What you could do with Greece is make them into the Goths who start just north of the Eastern Empire in Hungary. I've tried making Fall of Rome scenarios before, and it is very hard becasue you have to time all the migrations. If you are looking for an easier date, you can use 455 as your start date with Attila just dieing and the West in the final stages of collapse.
okay, but then what do I do with Egypt?

You could turn them into the Berbers/Numidians or Arab Tribesmen. What I would reccomend doing is removing them as a civ. IIRC, you change all their cities to another civ, along with all of their units. Delete them from the Civlist in the WBS file, and remember to re-adjust all of the player numbers so they are still in order.

You could turn them into the Berbers/Numidians or Arab Tribesmen. What I would reccomend doing is removing them as a civ. IIRC, you change all their cities to another civ, along with all of their units. Delete them from the Civlist in the WBS file, and remember to re-adjust all of the player numbers so they are still in order.

alright ill be sure to do that. thanks for the help.

Actualy, what might be better is to turn Greece into the Eastern Roman Empire and turn Egypt into the Goths. I think this scenario would be better with a little bit of XML edit like units and civs, for example.

Actualy, what might be better is to turn Greece into the Eastern Roman Empire and turn Egypt into the Goths. I think this scenario would be better with a little bit of XML edit like units and civs, for example.

yeah, im not that expierenced at xml editing. im pretty amateur at it right now. but i made persia east rome, idk if i shouldve done that. and you're welcome to make changes to this scenario if you want, and upload it so long as you count me as an author.

I just saw your updates, they look good. XML editing is actualy quite easy. There are plenty of tutorials in the Tutorials sub-forum. You can use notepad to edit the XML files, if your interested, I can try and find a link to the XML editor I have used. If you have any XML questions, I should be able to answer them.

I just saw your updates, they look good. XML editing is actualy quite easy. There are plenty of tutorials in the Tutorials sub-forum. You can use notepad to edit the XML files, if your interested, I can try and find a link to the XML editor I have used. If you have any XML questions, I should be able to answer them.

well i would like to know if i can give a preatorian to east rome. or make a second roman civilization.

GO into the WBS file (It is the map file, click, Open with--> Notepad) then change Whatever civ you have as ERE to ROme. I believe that is all you need to do.
To respond to the PM: Adding unit art is easy. There are quite a few tutorials in the Modding Tutorials and REfrence Forum.

GO into the WBS file (It is the map file, click, Open with--> Notepad) then change Whatever civ you have as ERE to ROme. I believe that is all you need to do.
To respond to the PM: Adding unit art is easy. There are quite a few tutorials in the Modding Tutorials and REfrence Forum.

go to the new forum. i've mentioned you. ;)
im also using your gothic units for the goths civ in version 2. if you dont know

Cool. I would reccomend renaming Germany (which was only created in the late 20th century) to either Germania or Germanic Tribes. Also, it mich be nice to rename the Mongols to the Avars, the Steppe Tribe from around this time. If you need any help just ask.

Cool. I would reccomend renaming Germany (which was only created in the late 20th century) to either Germania or Germanic Tribes. Also, it mich be nice to rename the Mongols to the Avars, the Steppe Tribe from around this time. If you need any help just ask.

alright. the reason why i try to keep the modern names is because the scenario moves on from just the fall of rome.

Thinking about it, the Mongols would be beter as the Huns, you cant have a Fall of Rome scenario without the Huns. Flagellum Dei!!!

Most scenarios tend to be as historicly acurate as possible when starting because they know that the player and the AI wont play historicly, so best to make the early turns as historical as possible.

Remember, this is your scenario, do what you want with it.

maybe its me but its hardly a scenarion.

there are some citys placed (in europe) and all other civs have one capital only. on top of that the names are totally wrong and some others did not even exist

i.e
Venice, next to the fact that its on the wrong place, the name is wrong i think we all agree that it was not existing during the roman empire.

man, i really appreciate all scenarios but you did not invest any time to make this special.

Top Bottom