A Civ of Ice and Fire Mod

As for Asha I wouldn't count her out yet.

understood, and i wouldn't count alot of people out with Martins history of surprises.
but i do count out robb.

im not trying to give you a hard time, the asha thing i can see.. if the game is set at the end of the current book, specualting on the future
everyone would sort of fit except robb, who totally ruins that environment since hes long dead before danny was ready to roll, she will never meet him. i dont even think asha was in the books by the time he died, though been awhile since i read em.

like i said im just a lore-lover and its almost like if civ 5 added the asgard race from Stargate in between caesar and ghandi, no matter what way you look at it, it just doesn't make sense.

understood, and i wouldn't count alot of people out with Martins history of surprises.
but i do count out robb.

im not trying to give you a hard time, the asha thing i can see.. if the game is set at the end of the current book, specualting on the future
everyone would sort of fit except robb, who totally ruins that environment since hes long dead before danny was ready to roll, she will never meet him. i dont even think asha was in the books by the time he died, though been awhile since i read em.

like i said im just a lore-lover and its almost like if civ 5 added the asgard race from Stargate in between caesar and ghandi, no matter what way you look at it, it just doesn't make sense.

I was saying not to count Asha out in the books, but it was never my intention for everything to go in the game as in the books. The mod scenario takes place during A Storm of Swords, just before the red wedding. Maybe I was wrong to leave him in, but I really liked Robb, and wanted a chance to play with him. When I release part2 of this mod (since instead of creating an update we will be releasing a new scenario with a few new civs and some dead old ones), Rob will be dead ;)

I was saying not to count Asha out in the books, but it was never my intention for everything to go in the game as in the books. The mod scenario takes place during A Storm of Swords, just before the red wedding. Maybe I was wrong to leave him in, but I really liked Robb, and wanted a chance to play with him. When I release part2 of this mod (since instead of creating an update we will be releasing a new scenario with a few new civs and some dead old ones), Rob will be dead ;)

Oooh,that's great news. Looking forward to Part 2.

for some reason i can only play as robb, its driving me crazy. i keep picking danny because i still havn't see the map over there but it keeps forcing me to play robb with jon snow making fun of my culture 5 turns in :(

anyway you have inspired me to try making a mini mod of my own, around a less-known fantasy series..i know nothing about modding so its going to fail im sure but its something to put my free time toward anyway.

for some reason i can only play as robb, its driving me crazy. i keep picking danny because i still havn't see the map over there but it keeps forcing me to play robb with jon snow making fun of my culture 5 turns in :(

Are you picking the Civ and then activating the scenario? If so, you should know that when you load the scenario it defaults you to the first civ (i.e. Robb). Let me know if that was it.

yeah i guess that is the problem..if i load scenario first it won't let me pick leader. if i just pick leader and start without loading scenario, everything (leader locations, city states) is off. if i pick leader and start scenario, like you said it puts me as robb.

yeah i guess that is the problem..if i load scenario first it won't let me pick leader. if i just pick leader and start without loading scenario, everything (leader locations, city states) is off. if i pick leader and start scenario, like you said it puts me as robb.

It isn't that it is not letting you pick the leader, it is a glitch. I wrote this in an early post in this thread:

As for the seeming random slots when you load up the scenario. The first time you load the scenario all the player slots will appear to be random slots in the selection screen (this only happens once you activate the scenario). They are not actually random slots and present in this order:
1) Stark
2) Lannister
3) Greyjoy
4) Baratheon
5) Targaryen
6) The Night's Watch

After you have loaded the scenario once you should be able to load it in the future without seeing random slots. If anyone knows how to fix this from happening please let me know.

I don't know why it loads correctly sometimes and not others.

The last "seemingly random" slot from the bottom (slot 5) is Danny when you have the scenario loaded. Try that and let me know.

I downloaded this mod already, but ot this version. The version I downloaded had something like txt_file_ before every unit,city our building. Does this version fix that?
Thank you

Hi guys. Since i played a lot FFH2 in civ4, i thought i try this mod out :) I followed the instructions posted above and everything works "fine", except one thing:

I keep getting "txt_key" strings in every city-name ... leader-name, traits ... and it kinda sucks ^^ Hope you can help me out. I also attached a screenshot i made as i started a game. Thx a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 755
Hi guys. Since i played a lot FFH2 in civ4, i thought i try this mod out :) I followed the instructions posted above and everything works "fine", except one thing:

I keep getting "txt_key" strings in every city-name ... leader-name, traits ... and it kinda sucks ^^ Hope you can help me out. I also attached a screenshot i made as i started a game. Thx a lot.

I've been getting that issue too. It seems to be that it can't link to the "XML\NewText\GameText.xml" file.

Hmm no fix for that txt_key issue yet?

Love the mod btw, listening to the audio book while I play it.

Hmm no fix for that txt_key issue yet?

Love the mod btw, listening to the audio book while I play it.

So I have been doing grad school applications and have been really busy with that and work. All the in game text is defined in an XML file but if you are experiencing that error then it must not be loading that file anymore for some reason. What is strange is that it never had this problem in the past. Perhaps something happened with one of the updates but I doubt it. I will look into this ASAP as I spent A LOT of time doing all that text including a bunch of Civilopedia stuff.

I fixed the text issue. I imported all of the files into mod buddy using the original directory structure. I set VSF=True for every file (including the art) and added all of the xml files to the UpdateDatabase entries. Then I made the following changes:

1. There is an extra city White Harbor in the GameText.xml file for the Starks, so I deleted one of them.

2. In every leader .xml file, there is a <Civilopedia> entry. In another mod that I looked at this was commented out, so maybe this was removed in the latest patch. So I deleted this line from all of the leader files.

The mod works for me now.

Edit: Something is wrong with the units now, I have 1 northmen at the beginning but cannot build any more. I will look into it unless that was intended.

Edit 2: Nvm, didn't realize I needed Steel for them. Everything is good it seems so far.

Hi GuruSY, could you write some more step-by-step instructions on how to fix the issue?

I've installed the ModBuddy but I don't see any way to import any files there.

Edit: OK, I've figured it out, instead of trying to import the mod, I imported the files (by dragging them to the Solution Explorer). So, now I'm trying to do the rest and write down the step-by-step list (in case someone needs it in the future).

1. There is an extra city White Harbor in the GameText.xml file for the Starks, so I deleted one of them.

Thanks for the help! :goodjob: For me all that was needed to fix the text issue was modifying the GameText.xml file in a text editor and removing the extra row element:

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_WHITE_HARBOR">
<Text>White Harbor</Text>
</Row>

This looks like a quick fix to get people past that issue.

Hi guys,

So I have uploaded an updated version of the mod that fixes the game text problem. Sorry it took so long but there were grad school apps to be done.

Apparently my update to the mod has to go through moderation just like the original upload. If you can't wait I have attached the updated version to this post, but I will be deleting it as soon as it goes through the download moderation process.:crazyeye:

Attachments

• A Civ of Ice and Fire (v 2).rar
    3.9 MB · Views: 465
I love the mod and the books! But I have a few concerns:

1. Gunpowder has no business in Westeros! Make it so you cannot advance past the Medieval Era.

2. Make Tyrell a civ, not a city-state. They are way too large and powerful in the books to be anything less. Maybe Martell as well.

3. Okay I realize you put a lot of effort into making the Night's Watch a civ, but it really doesn't make any sense to me; a city-state would be more appropriate (defaulted to ally the Starks). The whole point of the Sworn Brothers of the Night's Watch is that they do not seek power or glory; their purpose is to guard the realm of men against the northern threat. So why the hell would they march south and conquer? And against Robb of all people? The only way it would make sense for them to march is against the Wildlings to the north.

4. Why are there two Lannisters: a civ and a city-state? Make them one...

One last thing which I thought was kind of strange but not really the modder's fault as much as the AI's, but why would a house whose motto is "We Do Not Sew" so easily offer me a peace treaty along with a sum of gold shortly after declaring war against me and not a single battle fought between us? ;)

I will post more suggestions as I think of them.

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong and it's hard to figure out since the enire mod interace for Civ5 is horrible. But, i downloaded the mod, i can load it from the mod menu. i enable the mod, pick the map, pick my character (starts off blank as explained, but fixes itself after 1st load), but no matter what character I choose, the map only starts with ONE CITY for each civ. so Starks just start with Winterfall etc. Every civ is just starting with one city and a few units around that one city.

Any idea on what im doing wrong?

Thanks.

Top Bottom