Have any interesting seeds?

Please post 'em if you got 'em.

Seed = BigBad

Standard map, all other settings default (middle choices). You should start in Flood Plains.

The name came to me while watching a Buffy rerun.

If you want to try the map without knowing anything about it, then read no further!

The AI seemed to grow rapidly and do better than usual on this map. My closest two opponents were both agricultural (the Inca and the Aztecs), and they grew like weeds. I was the Iroquois. I normally play diety but played this map on demigod. I did a standard worker/worker/granary start for a four-turn settler factory. After winning the game, I watched the replay, and every civ had at least six cities before I founded my second city. Several of the civs had seven. Quite an explosive AI start for demigod level.

Greetings Bradley. I'm really confused on this one. I'm playing C3C 1.22. I put in "Bigbad" as the seed, and didn't touch any other variables (land mass, water, etc). The computer made me the Japanese and started me in grasslands one tile away from the coast- no floodplains in sight. I did not reveal the rest of the map.
I'm wondering- are world seeds the same from computer to computer?

Pook: Firstly, I do not think 'Bigbad' is the same as 'BigBad'. Secondly, the number of seafaring opponents will usually affect your starting place. Possibly, if you had 1 more seafaring opponent than bradleyfeanor, this opponent might have been given the starting location you got(since seafaring civs start close to the coast, and your starting position was close to the coast).

Hi Pook.

As Bingen wisely stated, seafaring civs do matter. For this start, there should be no seafaring civs present (including you). You can pick any non-seafaring civs, but these were the rapidly expanding civs in my game: I was the Iroquois, the others included the Inca, Aztecs, Romans, Egyptians, Maya, Ottomans and Americans. Your start should look like this:

Enjoy!

Oh, and Bingen was also right about "BigBad", don't use "Bigbad".

I am now using BigBad, but I'm still not getting the same result as the rest of you.
Step by step: playing C3C 1.22, I select "start new game", input "BigBad" as the seed, have a standard size world, and don't touch any other buttons. Here's my result- I'm Japan, and the computer picks my opponents: Rome, France, America, Babylon, Germany, Russia & China. My start is on plains on a victory point location, as shown:

Pook said:
I am now using BigBad, but I'm still not getting the same result as the rest of you.
Step by step: playing C3C 1.22, I select "start new game", input "BigBad" as the seed, have a standard size world, and don't touch any other buttons. Here's my result- I'm Japan, and the computer picks my opponents: Rome, France, America, Babylon, Germany, Russia & China. My start is on plains on a victory point location, as shown:
It's probably the version of C3C.

@Ainwood: Nice utility!

Here is from when I finally won a pangaea sid game. It's a good start.

Guess how I got this info ;) .

Attachments

• test.bmp
    425.1 KB · Views: 648
How do you enter these seeds, I've tried to, but there is no box or button for it in game (I know you can in the editor, if that's what you're referring to). Help would be appreciated :confused:

There should be a box in the upper right hand corner of the first set up screen (where you pick map type and size, and barbarian activity). Never used it myself, but . . . it's there!

@Pook Try it without Victory Locations on.

@ Bingen: That would be a screenie of Ainwood's cool Seedbeast utility. :)

Here is a screenie of BigBad with Ainwood's new toy:

Pook,

Be sure to pick the following options on the first screen: Standard world, Continents 70% water, Normal, Temperate, 4 billion, barbs don't matter.

On the second screen pick the Iroquois for your tribe (although you can pick any non-seafaring tribe you want), and then pick the Aztecs, Inca, Americans, Maya, Ottomans, Romans and Egyptians. Again, you could pick any non-seafaring tribes you want though.

Here is the important thing: be sure to click the button on this screen that says DEFAULT RULES. I think your game is running with the settings that are left behind by playing a conquest scenario.

Hi, I have an interesting seed, but I have forgot the exact numbers and so on... how can I get SEEDBEAST???

Seems to be a very helpful tool

Hikaro, are you playing Civilization Conquests? The feature is not included in plain Civ 3 or Civ Play the World.

bradleyfeanor said:
Hikaro, are you playing Civilization Conquests? The feature is not included in plain Civ 3 or Civ Play the World.

Yes, but I still don't see the input box (might be because the last seveal games I've played were testing sessions for my latest mod). I haven't patched the game since I bought it 3 months ago, so I assume that I'm running 1.15. Does any of that make a difference?

Hikaro Takayama said:
Yes, but I still don't see the input box (might be because the last seveal games I've played were testing sessions for my latest mod). I haven't patched the game since I bought it 3 months ago, so I assume that I'm running 1.15. Does any of that make a difference?

I believe that seeding started in 1.15. Out of the box is 1.0 (I think).

TomOC said:
I believe that seeding started in 1.15. Out of the box is 1.0 (I think).

Looks like I need to head on over to Firaxis, then...

Pook said:

The problem is likely that you don't have default rules enabled, as demonstrated by the Victory Point obelisk your settler started on.

Top Bottom