Special RAR map of the Americas

@Marla_Singer:
Thanks for uploading the maps to SVN. :)

I have updated the credits (Readme, ingame and forum). :thumbsup:
You will of course also be mentioned again in the credits / change log of the upcoming Release 2.0 once it is published.

Thanks for that Ray.

I've been playing a game on the gigantic version of the map, and you were actually right with Schmiddie. That scale is more immersive, giving more freedom in settling as we can build things more sparsely. It's the best way to really take advantage of the 2-plot city radius and I understand better now the 3-plot minimum distance between cities. :)

Playing on that map I watched the french AI create Quebec south of my swedisch colony.

Is it possible to have the french use Port Royale
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port-Royal_National_Historic_Site
as their first city name considering that their starting point is south of Nova Scotia near that real cities location and that Port Royal was founded 3 years earlier than Quebec (1605 to 1608 for the city),
or to move their starting point further north between Nova Scotia and New Foundland at the mouth of the St. Lawrence river (closer to the real Quebec)?

When hovering the mouse over one of the native tribes the Hurons had Forest Warrior and Raider which both were described as to raise their chance to get a "Great General". Shouldn´t that be a Great Warrior for natives?

If that is not defined in the map but part of the mod and used for random games too, please ignore what I wrote.

I read a bit through the Colopedia and the description of the "turkey" resource mentions that it can be found only in forested areas. However in the gigantic RAR Americas map I see only turkeys on non-forested grasslands.
Is that a conscious design decision to go against the description or an oversight?

I read a bit through the Colopedia and the description of the "turkey" resource mentions that it can be found only in forested areas. However in the gigantic RAR Americas map I see only turkeys on non-forested grasslands.
Is that a conscious design decision to go against the description or an oversight?
That's just a mistake from me. Sorry about it.

Top Bottom