Reasons to still play 5 after the release of 6

When released, I qualified civV as civ0.5. So buggy and featureless.
Now, because of tons of patches and DLC we get at least a decent game.

In addition, the massive work made by modders make civV the civ5.2 i ever dreamt about.
Let's say it : Vox Populi, Anno domini, Super Power, Hulfgars, Acken's and so are the ultimate version of Civilization

civVI will be the next for sure... in two years maybe

I tend to move on to each new game in the Civilization franchise because after enough hours spent playing any given iteration-I get to the point where I have to play Immortal+ for any exciting challenge. So with 2500 hours logged on Civ 5 I am ready to move on myself.

As a mods test-driver, there are hundreds more for me to try; having a mere 5300 hours working up into King level .

The decision tree on CIV VI, is real short; I'll wait a while to see whether it goes GANGBUSTERS, or SPLAT .

- The scales of Civ5 and Civ6 are different ...
Civ5 has 1-tile-cities and so allows small island cities. Civ6 has multi-tile-cities which need a lot more tiles to work. If you like to play on real world maps, the Civ5-scale works on maps like Ynaemp (until you hit the 32-bit-memory-limit). For Civ6 they need to greatly increase map size to allow a playable world map since many civs like England or Japan start on rather small landmasses and so are handicapped by the new multi-tile-city-system.
Civ5 looks more like a world map while Civ6 looks more like a region map ...
- Civ5 allows an all wonder city (when located at the coast near mountain near desert tile ...), Civ6 does not ... unless you expand and have 10-20 cities, you probably won't have enough space to build all the wonders in Civ6.
- It might be too difficult to defend the multi-tile-city against raiding barbs or other civs in early game ... if you loose all your buildings in early game too often, you will likely go back to Civ5 ... (There was a reason why cities built city walls in history and placed the valueable buildings inside and not outside for a long time ...)
- Civ6 might be too short-paced with shortened tech-tree and eurekas so you might finish a game in a few hours

We will have to wait for Civ6 and try it out ...
From what we know so far, Civ6 will be a different game compared to Civ5. Both share a certain overlap (the civ-theme with civs, techs, buildings, wonders, units) but will also have big differences in game rules (e.g. districts) so Civ6 will not replace Civ5 but will more likely be just another new interpretation of the theme ... the biggest problem for the player will be limited time to play ...

Right now I"m trying to finish all the achievements on Civ V. I plan to switch totally to VI but may need to finish some final achievements.

Your boiler's out of action and it's getting cold

Doubtful I'll play much Civ5 after the new one comes out. While I did play Civ4 some after Civ5 came out, that was due to me strongly disliking Civ5 when it first came out. Only with the first expansion did I grow to like civ5 (until the first expansion I only had 8 hours played).

Now I never play Civ4. I never finish any games if I start one. The game has lost interest for me. I do miss the music from time to time, but other than that, it's time to delete from my hard drive. I just haven't had the heart to do it yet.

If 6 isn't fun.

Though I must admit, I've put in enough hours into 5 that it has more or less been played out.

Lots of reasons to continue with 5:

1. I'm just starting to get the hang of it!
2. About 10 civs I haven't played as yet, and several more I never won as.
3. I haven't used a nuclear weapon yet. :eek:
4. There are several mods I want to explore.
5. 6 Complete won't be out for a while. ;)

Top Bottom