Info Addict

I had started a game a few days ago and no problem. Went to start another game today and the mod is no longer in the mods list upon launch even though I am subscribed. Is the mod still being supported by someone or is there another mod that that does what this mod does.

Thanks.

Scroll button under the turn number? So I don't see one. I don't know how to access InfoAddict information.

I couldn't use InfoAddict because all mods disable achievements.*

But now I heard that manually installing this mod doesn't disable achievements? That is great news!

Just like the Better UI mod that pretends to be DLC so the game thinks it is legit not a mod.

* I can't use any of the Steam Workshop mods because I want my achievements to be tracked more than I want all the mods.

Edit: So here is a keyword that has zero results in this whole 32 pages long thread: "achievement". Because thread search doesn't work right unless the word is found exactly as it is written... Not even a simple substring match? Who uses the "whole word only" setting? Nobody. You can't even do it on Google and other respectable search engines. I searched before posting this and found nothing. Now we know why.

I subscribed to this via Steam Workship, but it doesn't appear in the mods set-up menu, nor do I get an "INfo Addicts" selection on the scroll button. Am I doing something wrong?

Too bad this won't work anymore :blush:

Can't believe Civ5 is such a **** for modders ;(

// NEVERMIND, I was just to stupid to properly activate mods (did go back after activating them )

So that is why only a few selected mods would work with my game ^^

Is there any equivalent of this somewhere that would work with the latest version of the game ?

Am I only one with such error?
Everything is working but not Historical Graphs
Spoiler :

Am I only one with such error?
Everything is working but not Historical Graphs

That is what it is supposed to show on turn 1. There's no data yet to show!
InfoAddict is quite useful after you have met other (non-City State) civs, but not until then.

Is this mod working for anybody for new games with the current patch? I have the mod installed, but there is no way of accessing it in-game. I have the most recent game version and the most recent version of EUI mod installed as well. Is there an alternative to this mod if it's broken?

It works without problems here, but I always install it manually. And always as the last mod to be activated.

OK nevermind, it does work. I didn't realize you had to start single player games by going through the mods menu first for the mod to work.

Not sure if this mod is still being updated, but I believe I've solved an issue that's been driving me nuts for awhile. Hopefully this can help robk or others with the same issue. After starting or loading a game, I would frequently experience crashes if I then subsequently loaded another save, used the restart game option, or quit to the main menu. Since I like to write custom map scripts, I was restarting the game pretty often to test them which was causing a lot of crashes.

This crash would only happen when certain combinations of mods were loaded, but wouldn't happen if these mods were loaded individually. Almost all the combinations of mods that would result in crashes involved InfoAddict, so i had a strong feeling this mod was the culprit. I looked for things these mods all had in common, and the one thing that stood out was use of the global MapModData variable to share data across contexts.

From what I can tell, MapModData has some bugs where it is not cleared out properly when the game ends. It seems that occasionally this can result in some sort of corruption that crashes the game. It then seems that the best practice would be to not leave any data in this variable. My fix is to make it so that InfoAddict is only dependent on MapModData during initialization.

Here are detailed steps to fix, if you aren't a modder then I strongly advise against trying to do this yourself:

1. At the bottom of InfoAddictInit.lua, add this line: MapModData.InfoAddict = nil
  2. In InfoAddictDataManager.lua, InfoAddictHooks.lua, InfoAddictLib.lua, and InfoAddictLogger.lua replace all instances of "MapModData.InfoAddict" with "sharedData"
  3. In those same 4 files, add "local sharedData = MapModData.InfoAddict" as the first line in the file

i have downloaded the file from here. how do i add it to the game. i added it to the DLC folder, but it doesnt show up. i am on a mac.

i have downloaded the file from here. how do i add it to the game. i added it to the DLC folder, but it doesnt show up. i am on a mac.
I am having the same problem. Where do i put the folder? I am technically challenged so any help is appreciated.

Hello,

My game is currently on BNW expansion. For BNW games info addict works like a charm but seems to have stopped tracking for my older, pre BNW games. I've ignored this and have played probably 100+ turns in my pre BNW games, info addict continues to show the history up to the point of where it stopped tracking.

My question is, is there anyway to kick off the tracking once more? Having a gap of course would be expected but if i could get it to work again for my older saves that would be awesome.

If not, no big deal. and I suspect the answer would be no.

Has anyone had a problem with Infoaddict + Enhanced UI? I have no way of accessing infoaddict while EUI is active (there's no IA button where espionage, demographics, buttons are, and no scroll down menu). I tried clearing the game cache and reinstalling the mod.
Any help would be much appreciated!
I'm running the game on a 2010 macbook pro, It's a steam application, I have the BNW DLC, and everything is up to date.

Here are detailed steps to fix, if you aren't a modder then I strongly advise against trying to do this yourself:

1. At the bottom of InfoAddictInit.lua, add this line: MapModData.InfoAddict = nil
  2. In InfoAddictDataManager.lua, InfoAddictHooks.lua, InfoAddictLib.lua, and InfoAddictLogger.lua replace all instances of "MapModData.InfoAddict" with "sharedData"
  3. In those same 4 files, add "local sharedData = MapModData.InfoAddict" as the first line in the file

Sorry for the bump, but this has been so very helpful! I'm still learning how to play the game well, so I do my share of reloads also. I was finding that I often couldn't even close the game without it crashing. Thank you very much for taking the time to identify this issue *bows*

[EDIT]
Wanted to add that this was just brought to my attention:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/egu5xf03ssmbxgt/InfoAddict.zip

It's basically InfoAddict in the form of DLC instead of a mod. Unmodified, it crashes a LOT less often than the modification mentioned in the above quote. I'm still going to try to apply that modification just to see if it helps. Both the modified mod and the unmodified DLC version still cause the game to crash more often than without InfoAddict (always during a load or exit command). But at least the modification in that quote helped significantly.

Thanks for sharing your findings Dushku.

Taking a look at the DLC version download you provided...there is a folder in there called Override with MANY (523) .xml files with zero byte size that do not pertain to infoaddict.

Are these files really necessary? Do you have a source with information for that file you provided?

Top Bottom