Share Your First BNW Experiences Here

Barbarians are insane now.

Edit: You need more than one unit to take a camp out, they spawn faster than you can kill them otherwise.

Edit 2: Apparently the game had set "Raging Barbarians" to on... no wonder they were all over me :<

Venice can purchase with Faith in puppet cities, as well as with Gold.

- Marty Lund

The Shoshone seem very strong. At least a great way to build a platform into the mid game. The extra land made it so easy to dominate what I wanted to do expansion versus the other civs.

Definitely noticing a difference in the barbs too. Seem like I'm getting over ran with them, and they're being ridiculous aggressive to me.

I forgot to mention that I started right by Cerro de Potosi with Portugal, so that should help the gold upkeep while my trade routes get set up.

They fixed that archers no longer generate great general points when shooting barbs or being shot by barb archers.

Can't decide if killing barbs is a MUST DO, to generate gold, or hunting for ruins is more important.
they were always generating GG points, as long as they were still getting XP for killing the barbs. great general/admiral point generation is (or at least was in g&k, dont know about BNW) directly tied to XP gain of the units.

After testing a few things out, tried out the Shoshone, worked my way through one bad period, and I'm working on a trade route empire.
Couple things I noticed:
I asked Portugal (my best friend) not to settle by me, because I noticed they had a settler heading for the spot I wanted. They agreed, and the settler turned around, and settled somewhere else. Don't remember the AI doing that before.
Also, the Shoshone's friendly lands bonus seems to apply in the lands of civs you have a DoF with.

New opening cinematic is very boring. Definitely pales in comparison to the original and the G&K ones.

Having fun with Shoshone, definitely great in the early game. Gonna try for the culture victory cause I have so many great works and wonders already, though it seems like I need to figure out how Theming works.

Almost every new side seems overpowered, but only time will tell if this is true.

Dear Civ team,

Two minor changes to make to Civilopedia

Candi historical info:

"Borobudur" not Borobadur

And then Kris Swordsman historical info:

"Malaysia" not Malaya

Thanks

I went to the online version of Civilopedia but they haven't updated it:(
Really wanted to read the new articles before getting the game...

The Zulu killed me as the Shoshone. The French then destroyed all of our trade in a pointless war as Venice.

The Portuguese feitoria CAN be built on city state tiles that already have improvements. It removes the current improvement, and does not trigger war. However, the city state in question was an ally so the results may be different because of that.

Small continents with Portugal. My continent buddy is Zulu. :( Our war just came to a slow down at 1 AD, but he's pulled both of us back on the demographics with that little stunt.

Small continents with Portugal. My continent buddy is Zulu. :( Our war just came to a slow down at 1 AD, but he's pulled both of us back on the demographics with that little stunt.

I'm Portugal right next to the Zulu on an Earth map. They're not only calm, but isolationist (And paying for that)! Then again, they have the whole of Africa to themselves.

Dear Civ team,

Two minor changes to make to Civilopedia

Candi historical info:

"Borobudur" not Borobadur

And then Kris Swordsman historical info:

"Malaysia" not Malaya

Thanks

I apologize in advance if I'm wrong, but Malaysia wasn't always known as such. For a long time it was called Malaya. The peninsula itself is referred to as the Malay peninsula, and it was once called British Malaya.

Top Bottom