R.E.D. modpack

R.E.D. does copies of the basic units which could be changed by certain mods, that's why you should install/activate R.E.D. after any gameplay mod.

Here's a guide that makes sure the game will load the mods in the proper order. Whenever you update a gameplay mod, I recommend to shuffle the R.E.D. mod-folder afterwards out and back into the MODS folder again while running the game, so it will load at last after activating it again. You can later check in Civilopedia if all new R.E.D. units have the same stats as the basic one. Otherwise you need to repeat the procedure until it works.

Supported mods won't work together?
Try following method while running the game
:
1. Run the game and go to the Browse Mods menu
2. Install any mods
3. Alt-Tab out of the running game and filebrowse to the C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder
4. Move every mod folder inside into an empty folder, e.g. \Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Patch or better into a newly created \Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Backup folder. Best to move out each mod's folder one by one, otherwise the mod list isn't always updated
5. Tab back into the game and check if the mod list in the Browse Mods menu is empty
6. Tab out and move every mod folder from \Backup back to \MODS but only one by one in the proper activation order and not all at same time!
7. Tab back into the game and activate all mods in the proper order

hello, for some reason the MOD is not showing me the American remade units for R.E.D. v.11. I haven't checked any of the other civs in the game cause i just recently got this mod. Though I'd imagine I would have the same issue with the other civs. At first when I upgraded the riflemen to "American Infantry", it became a SPEARMEN!! lol and then I disabled the other MOD i was also using to see if that was the issue. But now it doesn't show any unit, just the little helmet icon. Any suggestions?
And yes I have the MOD folder in the correct Civ 5 mods folder.(..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS).

belay my last, i looked up the last few posts and moved the folders in and out one by one and added RED mod last and it worked! thanks guy who had the problem before me lol.

absolutely a must have mod!! However can you put the F-22s into a flight formation? Also the carriers look too generic, having a Nimitz class carrier model would be so sexy ~ Although i am surprised that no one has created an Apache model yet because it just looks so funny when you are playing as a western country but uses a Russian heli... Anyways thanks for the mod!!:)

Had a problem after the patch on 28 June... Lots of the units that received new skins (redcoats, german riflemen) now appear as empty space.

absolutely a must have mod!! However can you put the F-22s into a flight formation? Also the carriers look too generic, having a Nimitz class carrier model would be so sexy ~ Although i am surprised that no one has created an Apache model yet because it just looks so funny when you are playing as a western country but uses a Russian heli... Anyways thanks for the mod!!:)
I may try a 2 planes formation for the modern jetfighter, yep.

Had a problem after the patch on 28 June... Lots of the units that received new skins (redcoats, german riflemen) now appear as empty space.
are you using any other mod ?

Does anybody know of a mod that resizes units (like this one) but doesn't add any new types? I'm happy with the vanilla units for each civ.

Does anybody know of a mod that resizes units (like this one) but doesn't add any new types? I'm happy with the vanilla units for each civ.

using this one, you can simply go in the mod folder "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. modpack (v 11)" and rename the "units" folder to "units_" or delete it, then you'll have the resize and new formations without the new units.

I was using Thal's Balance mods, but he recently released a new version and it works fine now. Thanks anyway.

Thank you very much for the mod. I'm looking forward to even more ethnic units and everything else making each civilization stand out from the others.

One question though regarding running this one and Thal's. I changed the mod load order as said above, but when I do that, and am at the screen to select which civilization I like to play, it still shows the T-55 tank as unique unit for many of the civilizations. When starting the game, both the units from this mod and Thal's are in the Civilopedia though. Is it just a graphic bug then at the leader/civilization selection/screen? For example according to Thal India would have the Sanitation System, but in the game instead it shows the T-55 tank.

Thanks in advance. :)

PS: How was it for you who also had the problem of running both these mods together?

it's because of the way the game handle the loading screen and this mods handle the ethnic units, it will show only the first 2 UU for a civs, and nothing else, even if the civ have a UB, and this mod need to set the ethnic units as UU...

but in game you'll get both, it's just not shown on the loading screen.

I have the same problem, but am not sure if it's caused by Thal or CSD. When shuffling your mod out and back in it seems to work fine.

Any idea how long before you update the mod with danrell's new units? :)

my WWII conversion will get them first, this my delay a bit next version of this mod (maybe a few weeks)

yep, it should :D

But I'll have to do an update for Korean UU.

Hi, don't know if anyone will notice my post in the apparently thousands of pages long thread that this is, but... Where are the files for modifying unit formations, and how is new unit art made?

EDIT: Ok, apparently not thousands of pages... I naturally assumed that a mod this awesome had several small nations worth of people merely keeping its comment thread afloat on the intersea.

Hello!

I like this mod. Thanks a lot. However, is it possible for me to keep your mod content but just to change the size of the units? I prefer the bigger unit sizes but also want to use the content of this mod. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom