Community Call to Power Project

@christos220- very good question. At the moment, it has the same conditions as vanilla civ; have five completed trees and then build the Utopia Project. The UT has had it's cost greatly improved, so even if one does get five completed trees relatively early, it will take a while before they actually win. To be honest, I don't think this goes well with the current set-up. Sometime waayy down the line (after the tech tree and all that) I want to separate the culture from the Governments. I'm thinking of having a Political yield, with which players can spend to adopt more Government Policies. I don't know what will replace it, but there is a lot of time to think about it. I think this goes back to the question of how to make the other victory conditions viable. Everything has not been figured out yet, but that's just a basic look into my thoughts for the future. :D

@Hyronymus: my "expertise :lol:" strictly lies within xml, so I don't know. There very well could be one such event out there already. But let's tackle that when we get to it.

@Nuclear Dude: you can try what I did: read Kael's Modding Guide and then mess around with a simple mod until you do something that works. It's not pretty or fun, but I have a passing knowledge of xml by doing it (I think the first thing I did was make Temples grant 2 culture for any Silk tiles :crazyeye:). But, I think for anyone to have a good mastery of any programming language they must have gone through a course. There are too many things to keep in mind while modding, and a single mistake can nullify the entire thing. But, hey, you are doing enough as is (not that you should stop :))

Yeah. Well I did read through some of Kael's guide - broke my brain in the process :D

But I do look forward to seeing the policies in action :)

Anyways, do you have an MSN or Skype yet? ^^
So then I don't have to sit here and spam the refresh button ha :lol:

OK, here's my effort in cpativating breakthroughs :).

Ancient Era
The Wheel: With the development of The Wheel, humans were able to transport materials much quicker but were also able to transport larger quantities of materials at once. Their habitat became larger too because it was easier for them to travel distances.
Bonus for first discoverer: Production bonus for cities and movement bonus for new wheeled units.
Stone Tools: Stone tools meant larger animals could be killed, less time was spent on maintaining tools and more sophisticated designs of weaponry and hunting gear could be made.
Bonus for first discoverer: +1 food from Deer, Furs and Ivory
Metal tools: While metal tools took longer to make they laster significantly longer than stone tools too. It was important to have good control over firemaking to produce the strongest possible alloys for weaponry and hunting gear. Metals were also used for early jewelry and construction works.
Bonus for first discoverer: +10% production of units requiring iron, +5% production of buildings

Classical Era
Writing: With Writing it became possible to reliably pass over traditions, experience, thoughts and feelings to new generations. National culture was greatly shaped on those written words and it opened the way for Philosophy, Plays and Literature.
Bonus for first discoverer: All Libraries, Universities, Publich Schools, Monuments, Temples, Colloseums, Theatres and Monasteries produce 10% more culture.
Mathematics: Where in earlier days constructions had to be designed with large afety margins, Mathematics made it possible to calculate reliably what was needed for a structure to stay upright. For weaponry it was equally important as now it was possible to design weapons based on pre-made calculations.
Bonus for first discoverer: -5% hammer costs for all buildings, Wonders, Projects and units

Medieval Era
Crop Rotation:
Bonus for first discoverer:
Feudalism:
Perspective:
Printing Press:

Renessaince Era
Mechanisation (prior to the Steam Engine there was an industrial revolution too)
Scientific Research
Colonisation

Industrial Era
Steam Engine
Constitution
Sanitation

Modern Era
Combustion
Flight
Computers
Modern Healthcare
Nuclear Warfare

Future Era
Genetics
Environmentalism
Internet

MORE TO FOLLOW!

Good Lord:eek::eek:!!

So, for now, let's hold back on any rewards. I'm actually of the belief that the first to get there should get a minor punishment, but we aren't at that point yet. For the Ancient Era, I think it's pretty much squared away with Simple Tools, Cultivation, and Number Theory. I'll have to see your reasoning for the other eras before I'll say ye or ne, but remember (and this goes for everyone) that having the breakthroughs compliment each other is just as important as the reasoning behind them.

Hi Chrome. I think it's great what you are doing here, trying to keep the CCtP project alive. I really appreciate how organized you are and how well you are communicating with everyone involved.

nathanglevy and a few others mentioned you are always looking for help with the mod. I recently started messing around with the XML files and am having a blast changing and creating different aspects of the game. I have a small little Fantasy Elves mod I posted last week on the in-game mod console if you would like to see what I have done so far. I am currently working on expanding it as well (working on individual tech trees, units, buildings, etc.)

I would love to help you with the CCtP project in whatever way I can with XML coding you need. (I also learned a lot from Kael's guide. It's a great resource for anyone who hasn't ever touched XML:lol:). I am pretty good at reverse engineering something to come up with a solution for a new design element or function and have fun doing it. Definitely hit me up sometime soon and I'd be happy to help :)

Best of Luck!

-tpshaydee

Good Lord:eek::eek:!!

So, for now, let's hold back on any rewards. I'm actually of the belief that the first to get there should get a minor punishment, but we aren't at that point yet. For the Ancient Era, I think it's pretty much squared away with Simple Tools, Cultivation, and Number Theory. I'll have to see your reasoning for the other eras before I'll say ye or ne, but remember (and this goes for everyone) that having the breakthroughs compliment each other is just as important as the reasoning behind them.
You wanted reasons why we proposed breakthrough techs, now you get them :p! But I'll stay away from the bonus stuff, although I disagree that every breakthrough must come with a penalty.

hello everyone,
this mod seems real interesting but i cant seem to make it work. i followed the instruction: i dl'ed it, extracted it and copied into the MODS folder, then activated the mod in-game but when i start the game up i get a pop-up message saying:
"Assertion failed
file \teamcity\buildagent\work... line 149
expression: i < ARRAY_SIZE"

and game shuts down...

If anyone could help me out that'd be awesome since i would love to try this out.

hello everyone,
this mod seems real interesting but i cant seem to make it work. i followed the instruction: i dl'ed it, extracted it and copied into the MODS folder, then activated the mod in-game but when i start the game up i get a pop-up message saying:
"Assertion failed
file \teamcity\buildagent\work... line 149
expression: i < ARRAY_SIZE"

and game shuts down...

If anyone could help me out that'd be awesome since i would love to try this out.

Choose a different map type, eg continents the static maps like earth are not compatible.

awesome thx so much firesforever

although it'd be really cool if we would be able to play on an earth map :)

no problem

If a map maker ever comes knocking wanting work a compatible TSL earth map would be first thing on my wish list :)

Hi, I've enjoyed this mod for sometime now and I'm really liking that it is continuing. Thank you.

I played a game yesterday - newest version - large map, german, started in the renaissance period. I removed both time and cultural win options.

My game ended abruptly at 500 turns. I could be wrong, but when I deselected time it should have carried on past the 500. Shouldn't it have?

Regards, Donna

no problem

If a map maker ever comes knocking wanting work a compatible TSL earth map would be first thing on my wish list :)

what's required for compatibility ?

Hi, I've enjoyed this mod for sometime now and I'm really liking that it is continuing. Thank you.

I played a game yesterday - newest version - large map, german, started in the renaissance period. I removed both time and cultural win options.

My game ended abruptly at 500 turns. I could be wrong, but when I deselected time it should have carried on past the 500. Shouldn't it have?

Regards, Donna

Welcome to the forums :wavey:. I think the game is hard-wired to stop at 500 turns, regardless. I'm not certain though, so if someone else believes differently, please educate us :)

what's required for compatibility ?

As far as i can tell a map with all of the new resources, then i think it is a case of removing, or bypassing, the code that is used to place the resources on start up of a new game. If that bit of code is removed then we would have 2 versions of the mod, i don't see any major complication with this except that maybe now i have just given myself more work to do :lol:

Well i just spent the last couple of hours seeing if i could load up an earth map, i thought i knew exactly what was creating those Array error problems but it turns out i was way off in what file was actually generating them :blush:. After striping the mod back however i now know where its coming from, and was even able to get the earth map to load with the new resources all working after removing the offending code.

This got me thinking and i have come to the conclusion that the only real workable solution is to remove the current resource system used in the mod and go back to the "official" way, the only downside to this is that it is a lua job.

I wont say it seems straight forward as that usually results in a nightmare scenario

Hey guys, just a small idea on the breakthrough penalty/bonus. How about a bonus that lasts for 10 turns to trade off for the anger penalty? Just an idea, I know we're holding offk this fort note :). If bonuses were temporary would that make more sense?

And here is my brainwave about Breakthrough Techs (BT)!

Assuming we stick to four categories (Growth, Economy, Society and Military). Upon being the first to research a BT you get to choose a Modifier exactly like you choose a Policy. Modifiers have both positive and negative influences. You can choose between 2 Modifiers per Era and you cannot "save" Modifiers like you can with Policies. An additional bonus will be awarded to the Civilization who unlocks all Modifiers in a category.

And here is my brainwave about Breakthrough Techs (BT)!

Assuming we stick to four categories (Growth, Economy, Society and Military). Upon being the first to research a BT you get to choose a Modifier exactly like you choose a Policy. Modifiers have both positive and negative influences. You can choose between 2 Modifiers per Era and you cannot "save" Modifiers like you can with Policies. An additional bonus will be awarded to the Civilization who unlocks all Modifiers in a category.

Is it in style of the policies where you can open branches and choose new policies or is it that you can pick between 2 or 3 which are fixed for that BT ?

It has been said before, and I agree, that a permanent bonus would be too much for someone that already has the sciends lead. Also, permanent modifiers are very game changing. But then again, so are wonders.... breakthroughs would be like researchable wonders... Too much to balance maybe?...

It has been said before, and I agree, that a permanent bonus would be too much for someone that already has the sciends lead. Also, permanent modifiers are very game changing. But then again, so are wonders.... breakthroughs would be like researchable wonders... Too much to balance maybe?...

Maybe completing a BT would give an encouragement on taking a specific path instead of just a flat bonus. For example writing could give +20% production on the great library, Printing press would make Democracy free to adopt. These examples aren't game changing but could affect your play style anyway.

Top Bottom