CivilizationRev DS does anyone still play?

Civvi

Chieftain
I have a 3DS and got it yesterday and I have been playing it and I wondered what does everyone think about this game? What do you like about it or hate about it? Who else has this game and is playing it? The game is rare in the stores that I go to and I got lucky that I found it somewhere. But I would like to know what do you like or hate about the game?

I got bored of the game very quickly.

The weird gibberish that every leader speaks is so aweful it's possibly the worst thing I've heard in a video game.

Get it if it's cheap. Civ Rev is great for long trips.

I do, and it's my favorite game, bar none.
And I don't say that lightly -- it's not THE. BEST. GAME. EVER. It simply is the finest game I've ever had the pleasure of playing.
And that tops greats like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Final Fantasy 6. It has some bugs, which unfortunately (unlike the PS3 and Xbox versions) can't be patched away, but it's a lovingly and exceptionally crafted game that, I believe, is the very best Sid has to offer.

I play my iPhone version when I'm waiting in line for stuff. I don't think I've ever finished a game on the phone, but it was a good diversion for a while on the PS3. It reminds me a lot of Civ 1.

I just got CivRev for my DS. I'm really enjoying it, though I've only played two games. Last night, I was playing CIV IV on the PC when the power blew. It was off for hours. On to the DS! It's not the same game, obviously, but it is a mightyfine game imho. Last night, I was sandwiched between Elizabeth and Isabella. Two imperialists for sure! I was entrenched in an on-again off-again war with Isabella when Gandhi pulled off a domination victory on the last turn. It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for :)

Anyone playing it on iPod? I do bc it's the only civ I could get for it. I guess it can be fun once i wrap my mind around severe limitations. I understand platform is limited. Just wish we could have basic game parameter options.

I've put it away and taken it back out again several times. I've always had a love-hate relationship with Civ (all versions of it--except 5, which I haven't seen yet), but it got really intense with CivRev. To me, there's too much aggression in Civ for a building game. Yeah, I know it's not just a building game--but I have a bad habit of treating it as one until I get attacked. In CivRev, that spells disaster unless you're beefed up for war. Once I got used to treating it as a wargame and going for domination victories, I started to appreciate the game (though I usually end up winning a tech victory anyhow). It's the only version of Civ I've ever won on Deity level.

I still get enraged, though, when a stray catapult takes out my panzer-tank units--over and over again.

The weird gibberish that every leader speaks is so aweful it's possibly the worst thing I've heard in a video game.
I don't find it particularly awful, but I'd certainly recommend lowering if not muting the volume completely if it's bothering you that much!

Last night, I was playing CIV IV on the PC when the power blew. It was off for hours. On to the DS!
Other than usually playing CivV SP, instead of CivIV in recent months, this is how I return to my copy of CivRev on the DS too... and indeed is the only game I play on the platform.

I don't find it particularly awful, but I'd certainly recommend lowering if not muting the volume completely if it's bothering you that much!
Honestly it doesn't bother me much because I never play the game anyway.:mischief:

I should probably sell it.

I do, and it's my favorite game, bar none.
And I don't say that lightly -- it's not THE. BEST. GAME. EVER. It simply is the finest game I've ever had the pleasure of playing.
And that tops greats like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Final Fantasy 6. It has some bugs, which unfortunately (unlike the PS3 and Xbox versions) can't be patched away, but it's a lovingly and exceptionally crafted game that, I believe, is the very best Sid has to offer.

I second that, this game has legs. I haven't played it for a while as I've been playing FPS games like COD, Killzone3, Bulletstorm, Homefront etc. Yes these games are very good for a laugh and highly intense at times but I have always gone back to Civ 2, 3 or Rev which are more deeply challenging. Rev particularlly is a finely crafted game and ideal for the consul. I know it has been said a thousand times but wouldn't it be nice to have Rev 2 on the consuls or even Civ5 in perhaps a less sophisticated form to suit the consuls. :D

I started replaying this the other night, just out of boredom. It's not bad, but it's hard to go for different wins when the other nations are at war with you 99.9% of the time.

I have just taken possesion of my Grandson's DS Lite as he has long abandoned it for his IPod or whatever. In view of this I have just ordered Civ Rev for it from Play.com previously used for £9. I'm sure that I will enjoy it despite the criticisms, particularly with regards to the agressive nature of the AI and the poor graphics (allegedly)

Apart from Civ 5 this is the only version of Civ I have not tried. I'll keep you posted with my views on this version.

I'm heading up a CivRev DS Club at my school next semester. As the teacher, I'm the sponsor, but I'll be mixing it up with them as well.

Good thinking, I'm a firm believer that Civ in all forms should be a part of every child's education !!: :lol:

Love Civ Rev for my ds, or actually now my 3ds. I can really get lost in this game and not notice the hours go by.

I still play it. I usually play it before going to sleep while my wife is reading some book :goodjob:

Top Bottom