Hearts of Iron II American AAR - Written by the Victors Part II

"…until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the Old."
~Sir Winston Churchill

Hearts of Iron II American AAR - Written by the Victors II

Prologue One

The world was in flames.

Nothing could have prepared America for this. The Great War may have been a baptism of fire for the United States, but it could not have prepared anyone for the events of 1937 to 1945. Japan was in control of Asia, Germany of Europe. All that was left was the United States.

Roosevelt had done what he could. He sent the supplies, he battled Germany's economy and saw America’s fleets dominate the waves. All the while, Europe tore itself apart as the great nations of old - Poland, France, Russia…Britain fell under Germany’s heel. There was nothing he could do. America was isolationist - the populace would never stand for a foreign war unless it came to America herself.

In 1941 it did.

Japanese planes, striking from a long-range carrier force, struck the naval base of Pearl Harbor. As Roosevelt said, it was a day of infamy. Suddenly the infant nation of America had to push itself into world politics at a time the rest of the world was falling apart.

By 1946 Japan’s navy was destroyed. Many battles had seen most of the enemy fleet sunk to the bottom of the Pacific. But the Japanese army held firm, and US forces had failed to see any serious gains. It had seen Roosevelt’s popularity plummet, and a government close to collapse. And as the nation struggled, the old alliance with Britain began to fall apart. There was nothing Roosevelt could do to help the Allies, and he was forced to watch as the homeland of the British Empire fell under German invasion in 1945, forcing a final surrender and an end to the war in Europe. Peace at last…but at what cost.

Roosevelt died later that year. His successor, President Sharuminar, was not so willing to allow mere politics to halt a defence of the old world. Yet he needed some precedent, some legal route to allow the United States to come to Europe’s rescue. It would not be long before the answer came…

I simply could not let the old AAR lie. But I could hardly let it remain as a ‘world conquest game’…I hate them. There is only one answer then - to take on the empire the Council created in Written by the Victors. In that AAR we were conquering the world…this time we’re saving it.

As ever, the Council of Doom is returned to all who wish to join. Be aware this will be an uphill struggle. As the US we have the strength and might to take on everyone - but this is Europe in it’s entirety! Under the empire we created ourselves! I have no idea how this will work out, we could be nuked out of existence in the first year. But we have one goal - to see through Churchill’s ideal, and to liberate the Old World from the clutches of Germany!

The arsenal of Democracy…

Put me back in the airforce buddy!

Even though I utterly despise the fact that we are now the US of A and destroying our empire.

I won't forgive you for this! (aka if we fail I will turn out to have been owrking for the other side all along, if we win, then not... or something, I must think!)

Give me again the command of your navies and I will give you command of the oceans.

I call chief of Army!

I call Minister of Silly Walks!

Give me something that doesn't require a lot of work. Like head chef or something.

retaking tactical weaponry

Technically I think the flag is wrong anyway, as we don't have that many states. There's no real reason to change it, as I'm hardly going to be posting it every other update...though I am role-playing an American :mischief:

It should be noted that this time round we're doubling up on commanders. We're fighting the Pacific War and soon a European war. Cleric: I assume you want to take on the Atlantic and the new German fleet? ;)

Oh, I am SO not missing out of this one!

Give me a position in the Navy! Or make me an Army/Marine Commandant/Commander! I promise I'll be good!

Yes! Punch the keys for gods sake!

I can really see myself accidently posting in the other HoI thread other than this one* :lol:

The Rome AAR will be my top priority, and this game still hasn't technically started - I still need to play out three months of Germany (in order to get those last carriers out and a couple of other things). I think it'll be fun seeing Cleric battle it out against the German carriers bearing our own names :p

*It was probably a mistake putting 'Heart' in the title of my Rome AAR as well.

boy am i glad my German counterpart has died, think of the mental problems i could get from staring at myself speaking in German and wearing the enemy uniform :p

Yank Version of Captain is willing to face the atlantic

I want in too ...though I don't really care for a position gimmie what you like.

Like minister of saying stupid things. :lol:

Hearts of Iron II American AAR - Written by the Victors II

Prologue I

By 1946 Germany was the undisputed world power, and it openly flaunted her strength. Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles, modern naval vessels, nuclear technology. By contrast, the United States was lagging behind. Not desperately so, but enough that meant Germany could outdo Americans in all but two fields - naval strength and industrial might.

America was making up for lost time…

Kan Sharuminar came to the presidency after the death of Roosevelt in late 1945, and quickly made it clear that he believed Germany - and it’s “European Nations Organisation” was the greatest threat to world peace, and went so far as to claim “a new dark ages” was descending on the continent. He announced that the US Navy would be reinvigorated to rival the Kriegsmarine and other Axis Naval powers, and refused to recognise the new ‘fascist’ British government.

Victory through air and naval superiority

Reaction to this was mixed. While most Americans were uneasy with the thought of an active military power controlling Europe, they were unwilling to go to war with an enemy for little reason. The US-Japanese war - still active, though the Imperial Japanese Navy had been long since destroyed - seemed to prove the idealism that America should return to isolationism. It was clear that President Sharuminar would need a better reason than ‘a great crusade’ to go to war with Germany…

Hamburgers for everybody, I only kick real American food.
bah hamburgers are german who are facists making hamburgers facist food making you facist GET HIM!

Thinking about it I want to be General Raisin-Bran Smith Commander of our cardboard sherman tanks divisions! or any tank divisions!

Well, congratulations. Now you have a bandwagon just WAITING for NSC-68 and the Defense Department! (or whatever is the equivalent in this wacky timeline!).

And in response to Raisin...for the love of everything sacred, develop tanks that are better than the Sherman tank! With how far Germany's developed Panzer technology, we're SO going to need better...

Top Bottom