King
Dale, nice work. :)

But I have some problems:

- Diplomacy isn't working for me. :( Always got that Python Exception:
Code:
File "CvDiplomacyInterface", line 15, in beginDiplomacy
Attribute Error: 'CyGame' object has no attribute 'inDiplomacy'

- Pirates showed up in Turn 0

- not a bug, but shouldn't have western civilizations shorter travel time to the west instead of east (6<-->12) ?

Dale, nice work. :)

But I have some problems:

- Diplomacy isn't working for me. :( Always got that Python Exception:
Code:
File "CvDiplomacyInterface", line 15, in beginDiplomacy
Attribute Error: 'CyGame' object has no attribute 'inDiplomacy'

- Pirates showed up in Turn 0

- not a bug, but shouldn't have western civilizations shorter travel time to the west instead of east (6<-->12) ?

I see what has happened here. The Col 1.01f patch has rendered some AoD2 1.07 files redundant. They need to be deleted. CvDiplomacyInterface.py is one of them.

I'll post a list of other files shortly.

In regards to Pirates, they will appear on turn 0, but then disappear as soon as you hit end turn until turn 31. :)

I see what has happened here. The Col 1.01f patch has rendered some AoD2 1.07 files redundant. They need to be deleted. CvDiplomacyInterface.py is one of them.

I'll post a list of other files shortly.

Makes sense. So if I run into another Python exception I just try to delete the mentioned file. Bug fixing has never been easier. :p

In regards to Pirates, they will appear on turn 0, but then disappear as soon as you hit end turn until turn 31.

It's only a scout checking out the situation.

Makes sense. So if I run into another Python exception I just try to delete the mentioned file. Bug fixing has never been easier. :p

Actually, turns out it's only that file. :D

It's only a scout checking out the situation.

Let's just say, a unit has to be placed on the map so the Civ is active. Otherwise, the Civ will die on turn 0 and not be available to activate later.

In code turns, I keep pushing the Pirates unit to Europe until turn 30 when it stops. :)

I have a few issues with the new civs: Ermak is some sort of ghost who's floating in the air. Also, the Chinese leader has no diplomusic, as does one of the Australian leaders.
Also, Australia colonizing America in the 16th century is a tiny bit ahistorical.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 161
Australia does seem out of place, doesn't it? Just try to think of them as another British group of colonists.

I am impressed with the mod. Author (authors) made a titanic amount of work to create, test, optimaze and make all those improvements to the original (unfortunertly filled with flaws) game. I've just started to play the mod so don't have many questions/suggestions but this:

1st (and last but one). I bought a carrack (played as portugese) filled it with colonists and trade goods, ordered it to set sails and... nothing happened. Couldn't make it sail :-( to New World. It's the same for other nations. The brand new ships are stuck in the european port...

2nd (and last so far, hopefully for good :). Didn't tried it yet, but can you sail eastwards to the western border of tne New World from the new europe screen? Was it already patched?

Anyway it's an immense improvement with all those small and little less small details. My favourite is indentured servants' and petty crimanals' liberation after some time worked in colony!!

Keep up the good work Dale and others!

P.S.(could anyone help me, please :) What the game still needs is in my opinion a more historically accurate map of both Americas which I'm workin on currently. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with WorldBuilder (which I find a little primitive tool to shape worlds), and I have already some issues e.g.: I made a change to the initial position of the expedition ships, but now the spot where player's was befeore is not covered with fog of war, same as some other spots I mistakely put some units and cleared them afterwards>> Don't know howto regenerate map's fog of war yet. The other one is that I can only choose to start the game with one leader for every nation. I assume it's linked to the ships placing issue (describing ships as commanded by a particular leader)>> Don't know yet how to make both leaders for every party available from start. And finally: how can I change free colonist's status to e.g. pionieer or soldier (I can't do it from the unit edition menu :-/ )?

This is a great great version of the game.

Just for fun, a 'Colonizing Africa' scenario would allow arabs and indians (real ones) as colonizing civs.

Just tested the file, nothing wrong with it.

Are you using the latest version of WinZip or WinRar?

Just tested the file, nothing wrong with it.

Are you using the latest version of WinZip or WinRar?

Mmm I don't think so, I'll download the latest Ver and check it out :crazyeye:
Good thing I didn't delete it!

edit:
Nope, tried the latest WinZip and WinRar, still doesn't wanna work.

Did you check the file or the link? I know it's sounds like a stupid question.

Is there an alternate download link?
Otherwise I'll just wait till the newer version or something.

I love the Age of Discovery II-mod. It brought the fun back in the quite disappointing Colonization-remake.
But in the 1.08-release there is a crucial flaw that needs to be fixed ASAP: When buying new ships in Europe, it is not possible to leave port, thus rendering the whole buy new ships-feature useless.
I'm sure some players find it fun to play the first half of the game with only the ship assigned from the beginning, but for the rest of us this flaw makes the mod quite useless.

Please look into this as soon as possible, as I liked the rest of the new features in the 1.08-release and want to try them out.

I'm not having this problem at all - have bought and used several ships quite successfully.

Is it possible that you're playing using an older scenario that may not function properly with this version of the mod? I'm using random maps from faireweather, and all the ship functions (and indeed all other aspects of the game) are working perfectly.

The ship bug must be linked to something specific, since it doesn't affect all of us. Dale's earlier advice was to post all details (difficulty level, map style, nationality, leader, etc) when describing a bug.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

One thing I've noticed in passing, automated crims will continue to harvest timber after the warehouse is full, if someone is working as a carpenter

I am playing Conq level, Epic game length, Huge map size, Fairweather script.
Couple issues:
Aus/Rus/Chi all start from the same point.
Chinese (and presumably Aus/Rus) return to 'Europe' time is too long. Perhaps now this should be renamed 'Return to Home Country' or something similar, and the ability to visit other Home Ports created?
In my game Ehmek and the Aus leader proceeded to build there first settlement right next to each other on a little peninsular. The Aus expanded ok, but Ehmek hardly expanded at all, just stockpiled military units in his initial colony. It is now turn 182 and he has 3 1pop colonies and a 2pop!
I think (not sure) but the OJT seems to be a bit unbalanced the other way. In the 182 turns I've done, only one colonist has learnt a profession. I'm not sure tho as I may have moved them about more in this game.
Also the prices of selecting which unit on the docks chooses to immigrate have gone a bit strange. Not sure if this is by design or not, but in one instance a Master Carpenter cost 54 gold to choose when there was 5 crosses required for the next immigration. Previously this would have been 115 i think?

I'm not having this problem at all - have bought and used several ships quite successfully.

Is it possible that you're playing using an older scenario that may not function properly with this version of the mod? I'm using random maps from faireweather, and all the ship functions (and indeed all other aspects of the game) are working perfectly.

The ship bug must be linked to something specific, since it doesn't affect all of us. Dale's earlier advice was to post all details (difficulty level, map style, nationality, leader, etc) when describing a bug.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Seems like my problem only occurrs when playing the Mod-scenario maps like "Mod-Western Hemisphere" and such. When playing random there is no problem at all.
Thanx a lot for the tip!

Seems like my problem only occurrs when playing the Mod-scenario maps like "Mod-Western Hemisphere" and such. When playing random there is no problem at all.
Thanx a lot for the tip!

Only Dale can cinfirm, but I strongly suspect that the scenarios are not 100% compatible with the offocial patch, or with the mod.

Just a progress report, since installing the added dll file, my rebel sentiment has been progressing normally. But I still think it's too easy to get an industrial victory.

I won an industrial victory on turn 227, and still only had 38% global rebel sentiment, meaning I would have had to play for some large number of turns before being able to declare independence. This is playing at normal speed, conquistador level, with the French (Champlain).

The natives never declared war, I guess I kept enough garrisons, and then got enough FFs to improve relations before things got scrappy.

The AI powers were far more effective than in vanilla games, fielding several dragoons when I came to get them. Of course I still wiped them out, but had to be far more careful, and allocate more better trained units to do it.

I was able to keep the tax percentage to zero up to well past turn 100, simply by never buying or selling goods in Europe. Once all my treasures were sold, I started shipping massively to Europe, but by end game still had only 44% taxation.

Keep up the good work, Dale!

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I've got an important question: enven though I have already "won" this game through industrial victory, can I still continue and declare independence and fight off the King's forces?

Though from what I'm seeing in another thread, those dozens of canons I've been stockpiling in my coastal cities will just make mincemeat of the King's shipping. I'd been developing a defensive navy in hopes of giving those Man 'o Wars a run for their money, but the other thread seems to suggest they'll be chopped into firewood by my coastal batteries.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

If I have not selected "independence" as a victory condition, I can't start a revolution! I wanted to do industrialization, but wanted to declare anyway so I could have a constitution with theocracy ;-)

Top Bottom